Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

An observation after searching fertility charts of pg with multiples...

So I was on fertility friend and was filling out search criteria using charts similar to mine. No meds, using OPK's, etc.

Mainly I wanted to see if a lot of people got 3+ days worth of +OPK's like I've been getting. I noticed a lot who get a couple days worth of + Opk's also showed pg with multiples (I searched pg with multiples using NO meds). I guess it makes sense since they are possibly releasing more than one egg so their surge could last longer.

I admit it made me a little excited that maybe since I get 3 day surges I too could be releasing more than 1 egg? (I've always wanted twins!) Although more than likely my body is just taking a bit to surge and may still be adjusting since I only stopped bf'ing less than 2 months ago. The only other time I used opk's was when ttc #1 and I would only get 1 + day of opk's. So who knows?!?
    5 Beautiful Boys! ages 1-11

4 early losses
    8/2011
    11/2011
    12/2013
    5/2014

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's really interesting! I've never needed OPKs as I get incredible pains when I O and can pinpoint O very accurately this way - temping backs this up. But this next cycle will be my first using OPKs as since taking my supps I didn't experience the pains last cycle and only knew I O'd because of temps! I'll be very interested to see how many +'s I get because I'd secretly love twins for my last pregnancy!
    2 x
    ITS A GIRL!!!!!

Thankyou genderdreaming!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never used OPKs for previous pregnancies either because I get very strong O pains which gives me a good idea - but I've been getting 2 days of +OPKs too, presumably with ovulation on the second day.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I too get pretty strong O pains. This cycle they were really bad one day and not so bad the next and I ov'd the day after I had the pains. I always use to think my pains directly coincided WITH ov but now after using opk's and charting a few more fertility signs I realize that it's rare for me to actually ov ON the day I experience my pains. I was really surprised by that!
    5 Beautiful Boys! ages 1-11

4 early losses
    8/2011
    11/2011
    12/2013
    5/2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool! Thanks for sharing!! I'm linking this back to the "conceiving twins" thread!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BlueLooking4Pink View Post
    I too get pretty strong O pains. This cycle they were really bad one day and not so bad the next and I ov'd the day after I had the pains. I always use to think my pains directly coincided WITH ov but now after using opk's and charting a few more fertility signs I realize that it's rare for me to actually ov ON the day I experience my pains. I was really surprised by that!
    Yes, that is the carazy thing about O pains - they can happen before, during, and after O and sometimes the most severe pains are BEFORE the egg is even released. The ovary is swollen at that point so it kinda makes sense - ovulation can actually relieve the pain. Then afterwards you can be crampy because your Fallopian tubes are contracting and the follicular fluid is released into your abdomen.

Here's the essay I wrote about O pains.http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...tting-in-depth
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BlueLooking4Pink View Post
    I could have written that!
    2005 2007 2009 2012