Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, as you know since my docor told me about those men who "almost all" were Y or X I´m searching for info about this, not because I believe she could really "saw" it, but to know about what happens after the 50x-50y production. I´m agree with you about after the "production" things may happens that do a sligh gap between alives x and y, trought hormones, chemicals or we don´t why (we talk about it in another thread I can´t remember now).

Since I´m really worried that my body never is going to think for me is better to choice a girl, I´m trying to focus also in what my DH can do for the sway too. And reading this document you linked I just saw this chart and couldn´t be more scared. Please I would like you to tell me if I haven´t understand it correctly.

Name:  pic.jpg
Views: 3002
Size:  48.0 KB

I assume they tested a sample from various donors to see the measurement of x and y, and we can see there´s no such a big difference between them. Ok,all right about it. But what really scare me is last columns...... why in the samples the collected (with x and y mixed in theory) is SO big the diferents x- y percentages?? There´s many samples donors that are 100% x or y? statically it shouldn´t happen. No one donor is about a 50-50???. Am I missunderstanding the chart?

As you told me we know men like divers or airmen have mostly girls...do you think the gap can be so big? it could be fantastic or very bad for a sway, because if we (women) do such an effort to sway, and our DH give us a batch 80% (for example) of the oppositte gender is really frustrating.... What my DH can do to sway apart from sudafed, tons of soy, licorice root, hot baths (and abstain to make all these ingredients do the effect on the y sperm) ? (Besides all this, he only can pray, can´t he?...
    Last edited by mariposa; December 18th, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Mom to my DS and my baby girl

Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming

link to my sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mariposa, if you look at the table where it says no. of spermatozoa, it doesn't say no.of spermatozoa/million. This means that those numbers listed are the real numbers, therefore for donor 2 they have only selected 14 sperm.

If you read the method you will see that they selected roughly 100 sperm for each donor, and the ratio of x to y was 1:1. They noticed a difference in the sperm shapes and sizes between x and y, but they noted that the differences were in many cases specific to the individual donor. So in some donors the x sperm were consistently bigger and longer, and in others it was the other way round.

What they were doing in that table was taking a small sample from these donors who had differences in the shape and size of the sperm, and then separating the sperm based on size and shape. As you can see by the results, it was quite accurate in predicting whether the sperm was x or y. And if you look donor 9 sperm is completely the opposite to everyone elses.

I hope I've managed to explain that properly!
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
    Mariposa, if you look at the table where it says no. of spermatozoa, it doesn't say no.of spermatozoa/million. This means that those numbers listed are the real numbers, therefore for donor 2 they have only selected 14 sperm.

If you read the method you will see that they selected roughly 100 sperm for each donor, and the ratio of x to y was 1:1. They noticed a difference in the sperm shapes and sizes between x and y, but they noted that the differences were in many cases specific to the individual donor. So in some donors the x sperm were consistently bigger and longer, and in others it was the other way round.

What they were doing in that table was taking a small sample from these donors who had differences in the shape and size of the sperm, and then separating the sperm based on size and shape. As you can see by the results, it was quite accurate in predicting whether the sperm was x or y. And if you look donor 9 sperm is completely the opposite to everyone elses.

I hope I've managed to explain that properly!
    thanks Pangea!!! you have explained it very well to me... It´s hard to understand fully the medical text in english and often I go directly to conclussions and charts to make it easy to me So, there are men with big differences in shape and size , while in other men is more or less the same?...interesting!!! I wish I know what kind is my DH sperm...
    But the important is that still ratio like 1:1!! it will be interesting if we could know if the 1:1 are both alived in the same proportion or we could do things to kill or "sleep" the opposite gender sperm.....
    Last edited by mariposa; December 19th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Mom to my DS and my baby girl

Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming

link to my sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you mean by day length and temperature? thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    See I think it's really encouraging because it allows us to expend our energy on things that actualy sway rather than chasing after old wives tales and bad science.

Things that actually sway:

Blood sugar in woman
    Testosterone in man and woman
    Sperm count and quality
    Maternal condition

Things that may sway:
    Estrogen levels in man and woman
    Environmental toxins
    Temperature
    Day length
    pH (even if it doesn't sway in the way that people once believed it does, it may sway in some other way)
    Quality and consistency of CM

These things can ALL be controlled in some manner or another. Things like diet, frequency of BD, and the supps we take are ways that we can alter those things.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for this thread and the recent essay linked form the main page about why the timing method doesn't work. I am finally starting to understand how gender swaying works
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adorablebabyboymom View Post
    What do you mean by day length and temperature? thanks!!
    Oh sorry this one sneaked past me it's in this essay http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump updated version

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    Hi atomic, as you know since my docor told me about those men who "almost all" were Y or X I´m searching for info about this, not because I believe she could really "saw" it, but to know about what happens after the 50x-50y production. I´m agree with you about after the "production" things may happens that do a sligh gap between alives x and y, trought hormones, chemicals or we don´t why (we talk about it in another thread I can´t remember now).

Since I´m really worried that my body never is going to think for me is better to choice a girl, I´m trying to focus also in what my DH can do for the sway too. And reading this document you linked I just saw this chart and couldn´t be more scared. Please I would like you to tell me if I haven´t understand it correctly.

Name:  pic.jpg
Views: 3002
Size:  48.0 KB

I assume they tested a sample from various donors to see the measurement of x and y, and we can see there´s no such a big difference between them. Ok,all right about it. But what really scare me is last columns...... why in the samples the collected (with x and y mixed in theory) is SO big the diferents x- y percentages?? There´s many samples donors that are 100% x or y? statically it shouldn´t happen. No one donor is about a 50-50???. Am I missunderstanding the chart?

As you told me we know men like divers or airmen have mostly girls...do you think the gap can be so big? it could be fantastic or very bad for a sway, because if we (women) do such an effort to sway, and our DH give us a batch 80% (for example) of the oppositte gender is really frustrating.... What my DH can do to sway apart from sudafed, tons of soy, licorice root, hot baths (and abstain to make all these ingredients do the effect on the y sperm) ? (Besides all this, he only can pray, can´t he?...
    I would just like to point out that this poor woman was told BY HER DOCTOR that men made "almost all X or Y sperm" and that she had no hope of a daughter - completely untrue and supported by NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE at all - and she then did still go on to get a girl via swaying.

There are medical experts out there who don't know what they're talking about, who tell people entirely wrong things about gender ratio and genetics and X and Y sperm and it happens every day. PLEASE do not panic when you are told something that simply cannot be true - that you "can't" make boys or girls, that your husband "only" makes boys or girls...and here are two essays with more detail about both of those things!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/sway...f-that-gender=

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...make-boys.html

9. Likes BrightSky liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456