Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    See maybe that's it! This sway thing work for most of the people who do it right , but there are some others and no matter what they do it just wont work for them.
    Im thinking I may be in this group...sway don't work for everyone .

And you know i also believe like you said that everyone can conceive both gender , but it matters when! what sad is not after 2-3 kids but what after 7-8? Sadly we can't do that.
    First of all I don't think there are people who swaying won't work for...eventually. The eventually is the kicker. In the here and now, I STRONGLY strongly strongly believe that there are things in the traditional sways both pink and blue, that are swaying the wrong direction and also things that are neutral but including them is undoing some of the good of the things that actually do sway. And until we get rid of those things, swaying is not going to be as reliable as it could be.

I agree about the 7-8 kids and that is why I spend as much time as I do, researching this issue. I think everyone has a right to have kids of both genders if they choose to and the planet cannot sustain us all having 7-8 kids to do that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
    Oh no, this is me! But the problem is that if I do things to sway for a girl, that will help me feel in control of the situation and raise my testosterone!!
    That is ok though Pangea, with 10 months before your sway, you have plenty of time to plan your sway and then relax for a few months beforehand.

One of the most high-strung and obsessed swayers I ever saw did exactly that and ended up conceiving a girl!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - have you read this? I'm not sure what to make of it.......I'm understanding it as in times of plenty females are born!!!!!!????

Responsiveness to the environment

What sorts of conditions cause fluctuations in serum testosterone? In the
    female, anything that causes chronic stress will tend to raise an individual’s serum
    testosterone levels (Gray, 1992). Female medical students, in the months building
    up to examinations, had higher testosterone levels than normal (Grant and France,
    2001). Chronic hardship or stress, (as in food shortages, war or epidemic) appears
    to increase testosterone levels in many females, thus temporarily raising the
    number of females suited to conceiving male offspring. (This is in contrast to
    acute stress, as in earthquake, flood, or sudden bereavement, which appears to
    have the opposite effect, resulting in a lowered sex ratio nine months later, see for
    example Hansen et al, 1999.)
    The relationship between chronic stress and raised testosterone levels in the
    mammalian female could be doubly adaptive. First the individual female
    (mother) enduring chronic stress would be slightly toughened to help withstand
    the stress; and secondly, there would be fewer females in the next generation, thus
    possibly protecting the habitat from excess population growth. Verme (1983)
    reviewed all studies on deer sex ratios and concluded that “an increase in the
    proportion of male fawns as range conditions deteriorated would serve as a
    population self-regulating mechanism”. He came in for severe criticism for this,
    because his suggestion implied support for the controversial group selection
    theory. But the facts could equally well be explained by postulating the
    individual’s reactions to reduced food, which had the effect of raising that
    individual’s testosterone levels.

Adaptive manipulation of sex ratios by individuals could result in collateral
    benefit to a group, in just the same way as say, lack of water could cause kidney
    damage in some individuals, who then died, leaving more water for those that
    remained. This too might look like group selection, but it is not; those individuals
    with more efficient kidneys survived and the others did not. The problem of
    misattribution of group selection charges could be solved by reference to shared
    physiological mechanisms adapted in each individual to a greater or lesser extent,
    to solve the same problems.
    In times of plenty and low stress, individual female serum testosterone levels
    would tend to drop allowing for more females to conceive female offspring. This
    too may be advantageous in that it would provide the vehicle for population
    expansion in times of plenty, and good conditions in which to produce and rear
    healthy females who may continue to be successful breeders and enhance their
    species, thus taking optimum advantage of the good conditions.
    For a female mammal to adjust the sex ratio of her offspring in accordance
    with her perception of the environment there would need to be two related
    mechanisms in place. First, there would need to be a physiological mechanism by
    which a female was able to react sensitively to stress-inducing changes in the
    environment. Secondly, there would need to be a relationship between this
    mechanism and the mechanism by which the sex of her offspring was determined
    (or pre-determined). Both these mechanisms would need to react within the time
    scale of her estrus or menstrual cycle.
    The maternal dominance hypothesis offers serum testosterone as a primary
    candidate. It is known that serum testosterone in males, both animal and human,
    can vary dramatically over time, according to the male’s perception of changes in
    his social and physical environments (Kemper, 1990). There is also evidence to
    show that, unlike the male, female testosterone rises in response to (perceived)
    chronic stress. Female testosterone is also related to self-reported dominance (Grant and France,2001).

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this right, acute stress such as earthquakes will result in more females been born? But what if the acute stress goes on for a long time. For example I am living in a city that has been devastated by earthquakes but they haven't stopped and nearly a year and a half later we are still getting quite large quakes. They definitely make you feel stressed and on edge. Would this long term acute stress thus be more likely to increase your testosterone level? Does anyone know if taking anti anxiety supplements like St Johns Wort would help to reduce the level of stress you feel and thus keep testosterone levels down during times of on going stress?
    Last edited by jude17; January 27th, 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    spidy, yes, I've read that one but when you read those type of studies, you have to always keep in mind that they are speculating and generalizing. They say a lot of things but then you read the study and there's almost always more to it than that or the conclusion doesn't really explain everything adequately. I think each situation is unique to every individual and I've known plenty of times where acute stress totally raised my T levels and over the last year I had a lot of chronic stress and my T is def. lower than ever before because I feel like I can't control anything. It has so much to do with individual circumstances and personality that we just can't even go there mentally, worrying about whether this or that will ruin our sway.

Jude, please don't stress over your stress! Just focus on what you CAN change and let go of the rest and that will bring your stress levels down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123