Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

MTHFR HETEROZYGOUS-GENE PREDISPOSITION FOR GIRLS??

Hi all!

I am new here and I have been reading some really interesting stuff and I must congratulate you for all the time you spent to put everything here for all of us.
    I have 2 DDs and I thought i wouldn't want any more children but the last couple of months I have been thinking of TTC for a 3rd and give it my best try for a boy.
    While reading some essays about the mother's physical and emotional condition affecting possibly the gender of the child I would like to ask you something.
    I have MTHFR heterozygous thrombophilia so I would like to know if this could be a factor in having girls since I imagine I fall in the "threatened" category as far as health is concerned???
    I know that this is a gene condition and if it sways pink is not much to do to change it, but if I know it sways pink I will not have to deal with gender disappointment if I get pregnant with a DD.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We honestly do not know, but I know of several people both with all boys and all girls with a variant of this so I'm not convinced it makes any difference.

Some of the people I know iwth MTHFR have had all girls and gone onto have a healthy boy, so I know it is possible.

I would take a higher dose folate (get the folate form, not folic acid) more like 2000 mcg a day up to as high as 4000 mcg
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic!

I plan to start TTC in January, usually after a couple of months I have BFP (I hope now at 34y/o it will not change dramatically ).
    I would like to get a personalized plan since here in Greece many of the supplements are not available so I think I will need your help.
    I know the plan lasts 6 months so when do you suggest I should buy it? Also when should I start taking folate?
    Last edited by Mamato3?; July 27th, 2014 at 02:39 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can buy the plan when it feels right to YOU. there is no perfect timing, some people like to have it well in advance (and honestly I think that's better because we can get everything ironed out in advance)

I would start taking some folate right away, like 1200-1600 mcg of it. You can always increase, but if you get pg sooner that way you are covered.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have MTHFR (heterozygous) and am 36 weeks with my third boy. So I'm going to have to say no to the pink sway theory from my end!
    July 2010
    September 2012
    November 2014
    August 2017

Our perfect family!!!