Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC a boy and exercise

I know this has been posted about before, but I'm new to this whole idea of gender swaying.

I have two DD, ages 5 and 3, and I gave birth to a baby boy in June this year who had a heart defect and passed away at six weeks. When my husband and I decide to try again (soon), we would like to sway for another boy.

My question is this: When I got pregnant with DS1, I was in the best physical shape of my adult life, thanks to several months of good exercise. However, once school started (I'm a teacher), I stopped exercising almost completely and got pregnant about a month later. Because I gave birth about four months ago, I'm still about 15 pounds over my ideal weight, and I've been doing a lot of running and bike riding. This has allowed me to lose about 5 pounds in the last two months, but I've really increased the appearance of my muscle throughout my body. After reading all the forums about exercise, I'm concerned that if I keep up my exercise routine of 45-60 minutes, 5 days a week, I will ruin my chances at boy swaying.

I have probably been doing too much dieting as well, but I'm willing to adjust foods to fit in with the boy diet.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry to hear about your son

It sounds like right now you are mainly doing cardio? is that correct? We suggest weight training at least 3x's per week for a boy sway, the idea is to build muscle and increase your testosterone levels. I wouldn't try and lose anymore weight right now, just maintain. When you start doing weight training some of the fat will burn off.

2007 2008 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry about your son.

I would try to add some weight-training to your cardio routine. I find that I do very well in a group-setting for weights. Are you part of a gym? They will usually offer classes specifically for weight-training. Good luck to you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH I'm so so sorry to hear this. Huge (((hugs))).

Yes, I would cut back the exercise to 3-4 days a week, 45 min a day and no more than that. I would also have you add in weight training 3-4 days a week.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I've cut back the exercise some due to work requirements, and I'm lifting weights a few times a week too. I thought I saw somewhere on here that having children close together tends to sway pink? True? I've been taking a multivitamin, folic, fish oil, and Vitamin D for the past couple of weeks too. TIA!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can, but overall your condition is what matters most. So if you're in good condition, you absolutely can get pg with another boy very shortly after a previous pregnancy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have nothing to add since I'm new but want to send hugs and baby dust. So sorry about your son
    TTC: (Prefer healthy over gender though!)