Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tori spelling conceiving her ds2 after 5 weeks post partum

As I'm approaching the birth of dd2 I keep thinking about how much I'd like to ttc as soon (ish) as possible after. I know the advice is to wait a year at least when swaying blue, since your body needs to regain it's health/nutrients. But, I keep thinking about how tori spelling conceived a boy 5 weeks after giving birth to her daughter. After reading all the research and tips on here I'm honestly amazed she conceived a boy so soon after?! She had a c section which I don't know if it makes any difference?? Does anyone have any opinions on this or ever wondered the same??

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    None of these things are magic bullets. I have never, ever said that a person ~can't~ conceive a boy with a quick turnaround, just that it's not going to be your best chances. My two that are closest together are boys.

Just for Tori to be ABLE to conceive after 5 weeks postpartum indicates that she had to be in excellent condition, eating a lot, and very high in fertility. Very, very few people would ovulate that soon after having a baby, esp. when breastfeeding as she claims (and quite honestly I find this story to be a bit hinky and not sure I necessarily believe it.)

All I can tell you guys is what will optimize your chances. If I wanted a boy, I wouldn't TTC any sooner than 6 months out to be sure, 12 is better, and 999 out of 1000 people would not be able to get pg within 3 month of giving birth anyway if breastfeeding, so it's a moot point.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there not 14 months between Tori's DS and DD therefore putting conception 5 months after the birth of her DD?

I must check it but that's what I thought.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow it was 5 weeks.
    While anything is possible it's not a chance I would be willing to take. Tori had a lot of complications in her DS's pregnancy too from what I read.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reality is Tori Spelling is not completely open about all the things that go on with her. She wants a specific image of herself to be portrayed. I find it tough to believe she was breastfeeding too. She is very thin so she can probably eat non-stop. She was probably rested more than most post-partum moms too because she has help.

I worked with a lady who had a very difficult pregnancy with boy/girl twins. She was hospitalized, monitored, etc. 1 month after giving birth to the twins she was prego again & delivered a baby girl when her twins were 10 months old. I went over to help her right after she had gotten home from the hospital and it took a lot of strength not to cry. She had 3 babies all 10months or younger and her husband was deployed.

It isn't common but some people obviously ovulate right after giving birth even if they aren't having a period.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely agree she probably was very fertile and healthy right at that point, and obviously lives a lifestyle where she has ppl around to cook/ help out etc whereas most of us 'normal' women don't have this luxury. I'm certainly not thinking to ttc 5 weeks after birth though, and I doubt id fall preg either, it's just something interesting I thought I'd bring up. I really don't think she was breastfeeding either- who knows. Obviously it was meant to be for her, so it's a nice positive story.
    Last edited by Northernchick1; November 23rd, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My grandma's first 2 kids (both boys) are just 10.5 months apart so it is possible to get a boy soon after giving birth. She was breastfeeding as well.

Even with exclusively breastfeeding, I got my periods back at 5 and 6 WEEKS postpartum. I think my grandma and I just have high fertility. We were both really thin too. My BMI has always been 18 or 19.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I began AF 6 weeks after giving birth to DS1. I was exclusively breast feeding. With DS it diddnt begin until I stopped breast feeding at 12 months. I also have friends who have gotten preggo quickly while breast feeding after having a baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum to two hoping for a bundle of x

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have conceived many times whilst b/f the earliest was at roughly 10-11 weeks pp, this ended in m/c but the reason my cycle returned this quickly was due to baby d/s finding his thumb at 8 weeks and putting himself through the night so allowing the prolactine levels to drop enough to allow the cycles to return. So for many people even when full b/f I think the trigger is a regular 6hrs+ to allow things to start off again, for me its for as little as 3 nights in a row but I would call myself high fertility, usually fall 1st time and a few times before AF has returned, the egg can come first, then the AF.

I don't know much about Tori, but as AS says it could well be down to continuing good condition and nutrition, if you are being looked after and have been through pregnancy then you could be swaying blue with all the nutrition going back to solely you and not shared with LO.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This makes sense about the sleep factor. My number 1 was a great sleeper. Number 2, shocking sleeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum to two hoping for a bundle of x