Voters
12. This poll is closed
  • having a successful pregnancy?

4 33.33%
  • having a miscarriage?

4 33.33%
  • not getting pg that cycle?

3 25.00%
  • a combination of the above with more than one attempt with egg white, please explain!

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Egg Whites - Success, Miscarriage or Failure to get pg

Of those who have used eggwhites in ttc a boy, I am wondering how many of you had a successful pregnancy, miscarriage or just didn't get pg or a combination of both.
    Mom to
    7w5d no heartbeat, naturally miscarried at 9w4d 11/17/2011

currently preparing to sway for starting March 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't see why it would cause miscarriage...? the egg white would probably stay outside your cervix. A conception would happen far up in your tubes, so the swimmers would have long left the egg white.

most MCs are caused by a genetic problem that happens during the conception, or by failing to implant properly, and unfortunately 25% of all pregnancies will fail for one reason or another

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We used egg whites and had a successful pregnancy.
    ,, (Swayed)

04/2008, 5/2011, 12/2011 Loved and Lost in the same breath

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All of the above for me ..I used EW's and had a successful pregnancy ..and I used it again and I had a m/c. I also used it many times, but I didn't get pg.
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    I can't see why it would cause miscarriage...? the egg white would probably stay outside your cervix. A conception would happen far up in your tubes, so the swimmers would have long left the egg white.

most MCs are caused by a genetic problem that happens during the conception, or by failing to implant properly, and unfortunately 25% of all pregnancies will fail for one reason or another
    I was just wondering because I remembered a couple of women on separate sites that said they had a miscarriage on the cycle they used eggwhites. It made me curious because I got pg in September probably from a pullout several days before ovulation when we weren't trying & I have a history of sub/infertility. However, I did mess around with eggwhite on ovulation day that cycle for experimentation purposes of testing ph, not for bding. I was just wondering if the eggwhite can give old, imperfect sperm that would not normally make it to "heaven" a free pass. It's just a thought because of my unlikely pregnancy that led to miscarriage. I'm not concerned about the eggwhite going beyond my cervix.
    Mom to
    7w5d no heartbeat, naturally miscarried at 9w4d 11/17/2011

currently preparing to sway for starting March 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My instinct with e/w was just not 2 use it, we dtd in August with e/w & I just had a feeling that I wouldnt fall pregnant cause the ph was through the roof, so when we dtd in Oct I decided to only use preseed instead & I fell pregnant.

I think some women dont fall pregnant because of e/w, some eggs have a higher ph then other eggs, so this is a worry, but in regards to m/c not sure about that.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, FABULOUS idea for a poll. I am not a fan of eggwhites so interested to hear results - I'll sticky this for awhile so we can get a lot of responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    I was just wondering because I remembered a couple of women on separate sites that said they had a miscarriage on the cycle they used eggwhites. It made me curious because I got pg in September probably from a pullout several days before ovulation when we weren't trying & I have a history of sub/infertility. However, I did mess around with eggwhite on ovulation day that cycle for experimentation purposes of testing ph, not for bding. I was just wondering if the eggwhite can give old, imperfect sperm that would not normally make it to "heaven" a free pass. It's just a thought because of my unlikely pregnancy that led to miscarriage. I'm not concerned about the eggwhite going beyond my cervix.
    I would not discount that idea TBH because I suspect that the low pH of the vagina may weed some weak/bad sperm out and if you buffer that by using egg white, it does not seem beyond the realm of reason that some sperm that may otherwise not have survived, could possibly make it to the safety of the crypts. BUT if you used it AFTER the sperm had been onscene for several days, there is no way that could have happened because by the time O day rolled around, the sperm were gone up inside chasing the egg, and could not have been affected by the egg white at that point.

My actual concern with egg white and miscarriage is that your vaginal pH is 4.5 for a REASON - to prevent hostile organisms from overgrowing in your VJ and then invading your uterus and fallopian tubes. You start messing with that and shooting things that are MUCH higher in pH than what semen and CM are naturally like egg white is (Preseed is the same pH as semen/EW and so is safer to my mind than EW), I think you invite organisms to breed in that higher pH. This is especially true at ovulation when your cervix is more open than it is otherwise and the EWCM also being higher in pH, could make it easier for microorgansims to spread inside as well.

Doctors really do not fully understand the reasons why the majority of mc take place. It seeems possible that slight infections could cause some % of miscarriages and so why invite infection? Eggs are such good mediums for growing microorganisms that they grow vaccines in them.

Yes, some doctors tell people to use egg whites and it's in TCYOF and other "natural" fertility books, but I believe that has much more to do with the fact that eggs are easily accessible, cheap, and "natural" which some people prefer.

I personally believe Preseed is way safer and it also doesn't just fall out carrying sperm with it like egg whites do for some people.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy moly, I hated using ew! Not to be discouraging either, but I used them for the first 4 months we ttc and did not get pg. Then, the month I didn't use them, we did (although a chemical m/c). I totally agree with everything Atomic said here.....just too messy, too much, too hard to control/monitor the ph, too much risk of infection. I like preseed WAYYYYY better for all of those reasons. And let me tell you what happens after you start dtd with egg whites in your vag: the friction makes a nice frothy mess that you could fold into some souffles. It is just gross.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This 1 month we used ew we had a BO (blighted Ovum). I was Oing the night we bd and used ew's. The e/w I used had a PH of 9, so I went w/ it.

Used preseed and all the other sway attempts for Dh and I and still got a girl, so I decided to do ew's. Still undecided on what to do for our TTC...
    Dawn-Mom to
    Mom to 2 Angels 6/03 and 11/11 - genders unknown
    Suspect x link genetic factor - genetic testing - declined - Giving it to God
    PG! Due 10/27 - it's a girl until proven otherwise - team green

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (((hugs)))

hmsk14 have you read this essay?You "can't" carry a baby of that gender!!! Hope you get good news at your testing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast