Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    11 dpo and I am pretty sure I am out. Got a BFN and AF is surely on her way. Hoping Halloween brings me some luck!
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hating this diet. Starving. Ugh. I miss my meat. I had a tiny bite of chicken but for the most part have remained meat free.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah i agree the diet totally sucks! we dtd cd 12, 13, 15 & 16 pretty sure i o'ed d 15. Not really hopefully this month as last 4 or 5 months have been bfn....also the 12 days before o was home visiting my family and my mum was cooking meat dishes left right and centre. Avoided some but not all so a little red meat for me in the last two weeks...really hope that doesn't go against my sway, but being on this diet for over 4 months it's getting really hard to keep up the motivation to continue!!! hopefully lots of us will get bfps and be put out of our dieting misery!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all,

I have been reading this website for a while and this is my second post. I posted some of this in the 'what we did to get boys' thread too, but would love any opinions on my past experience, and current sway!

DS1 - No idea about O as I was completely naive to that all back then, frequent bd since we were on honeymoon, every other day, sometimes twice. I drank alcohol but only sometimes, and not that much. I had 1 'real' coffee a day (latte) and drank decaf tea frequently. Also drank green tea and chai tea made from leaves. Hardly any dairy in my diet due to lactose intolerance, so I drank a LOT of soy milk. I drank a lot of orange juice. I took vitamins daily, had been on centrum for years. I ate super healthy, lots of vegetables and fruit, very mixed and varied diet. I was eating slightly more calories back then, than with DS2, i'd say around 1800 - 2000 a day. If I ever binged it would be salty things like chips and dip, or I would sneak some soft cheese despite being intolerant. I did eat a lot of red meat, chicken and fish, and rarely ate vegetarian dishes. Lots of pasta, tomatoes, spinach etc because I cook lots of italian food. NEVER skipped breakfast, but didn't ever eat a lot either. I had musli or oats for breakfast or if in a rush, toast with vegemite (salt!). Never drank soft drink (soda) and watched salt intake as a rule, however like I said my binge foods were salt-laiden, even though I didn't binge often. We were on the pill and taking malaria tablets for holiday o/s, didn't know malaria tablets can cancel the pill and hey presto - pregnant!

DS2 - I had read a tiny bit about swaying and this time bubs was planned, I was on prenatal multivitamin AND high dose folic acid, no idea why but my doc put me on 5000mg (megafol 5). I tried the shettles method for TTC girl, 3-5 days before - FAILED! Got pregnant 2nd cycle off pill. However I do think my diet was still bad for TTC girl. I was still drinking orange juice daily, still having coffee and tea, lots of soy milk and lots of varied fruit and veg. Little dairy.

I believe my ph was naturally around 7 (higher with ds1 possibly) because this time, before I started swaying for baby 3, I tested ph and it was 7. After cranberry and acidophilus (inner health +) It was 5, and with diet now 4 to 4.3. I can see the supplement's biggest benefit is changing ph. I was eating 1200-1400 calories a day and going for walks most days. Fruits included banana, apple, orange, grapes, mango etc. Veggies included potatoes (often), avocado, spinach, tomato, broccoli, peas, corn, carrots etc. Ate lots of olives and other salty things like spicy tomato salsa.

With both boys I had lots of CM (maybe due to soy intake).

This time i'm heavily on dairy, stopped soy milk entirely, on cranberry, folic acid and inner health +, was on calcium but stopped after reading lots on here about how it may not work and may even increase nutrients so much it sways boy. Focussing on reducing salt and potassium and eating 1200-1500 calories a day. Jogging or fast walks most days. No red meat, chicken, fish. Bland diet with few veggies and few fruits (only approved ones like raspberries, eggplant etc). Lots of milk and cheese, despite the ill effects. Loosing weight. Bd once in 7 days, so trying once a week before predicted O, then trying for O+12 as well. No rush to get pregnant as this is my last so I don't mind reducing my changes by fewer attempts. Taking antihistamine a few hours before bd. DH hot shower before bd. BMI is 20 and dropping, i'm loosing weight on this diet which I HATE. I was so healthy before! No tea or coffee, occasional peppermint tea, and daily 1 x decaff late made at home with skim milk (it's my one vice, I miss the taste and its still cold here so I can't bear to stop hot drinks entirely). If I ever cheat it's eating chocolate which I don't love, but all my friends with girls (about 10 of them) seem to have one thing consistent, they diet, but when they cheat its sweet, usually chocolate. I don't cheat often but it holds me off having chips or salty things.

Have been on the diet about 6 weeks now. Getting better as I go. Have eaten some read meat but very infrequent and much less than before. For dinners: about 3 vegetarian meals a week, 1 fish and 3 chicken. Lots of eggs instead of meat. skipping breakfast or where I can't, having raspberry jam on toast. Trying not to snack (BIG STRUGGLE) but if I do it's raspberries and yoghurt. Would kill for an avocado or some mushrooms and spinach but saying NO!

Trying to chart BBT but often get woken up by 3 year old too early and forget. Watching cm and using known cycle length with iPeriod app to estimate O. Trying to get better at BBT. Know my coverline now so that's something. Watching for the dip before spike. Should O on 26th. Also using OPK's although I didn't get a + last month, think that was due to coming off pill. I had one period when I stopped, then another starting 6th Oct (34 day cycles), so this month I will O for sure. Almost positive that happened with ds2. Not convinced timing works but trying the abstain thing then twice 7 days apart. Can't be bothered to bd every day and dh won't do it himself and dump it (fair enough) that takes it too far in my book and no romance! Douched last cycle but now my ph is low no need to.

I dont drink alcohol now either. Or orange juice!!

oh and dh taking calcium (2 tabs a day) and cranberry (2 tabs a day) and has cut down to 1 coffee a day from about 8!

Any other tips?
    Last edited by meeks32; October 17th, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meeks32,
    Sounds like you have everything covered! I wish I was that thorough, or maybe I was about 3 years ago, as I have been trying for a daughter since our 4th son was born. I started out really detailed and now, I have dropped all swaying other then the Clomid, folic acid, baby aspirin, BBT, fertility monitor, OPK's, and so on. I pray you get your girl soon!
    42 38, , 13, 11,6, 4 & !!!
    "There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days." Exodus 23:26

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I know I am out this month cause I never had a positive OPK. I'm on CD 24 of a typically 30-31 day cycle. I decided to start temping again. I had high temps for the past fews days and then this morning, a dip. I have creamy CM and then I take an OPK and its pretty much positive! WTH??? Any advice?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hplnvf32 View Post
    So I know I am out this month cause I never had a positive OPK. I'm on CD 24 of a typically 30-31 day cycle. I decided to start temping again. I had high temps for the past fews days and then this morning, a dip. I have creamy CM and then I take an OPK and its pretty much positive! WTH??? Any advice?
    are you taking Clomid? I would say that you might be Oing later this month. Maybe your cycle is off a bit? Mine was late this momth cd18 and it lengthened my cycle to 32 days. I am guessing it could have caught the end of your surge? With me I surge for days and if you did not catch it before in your cycle maybe you just got it by accident of the end of it? But if you cm changes to watery or EG, that would give you more confirmation if you are Oing. Are you able to check you cervix to see if its open or not? as far as temping is you temp over your normal coverline?
    "There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days." Exodus 23:26

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hows everyone? CD7 for me and gearing up for our attempts this weekend.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a new question.

So we did abstain leading up to O this month, dh abstained 6 days then we bd last night. This morning I got my first ever +opk, which apparently means I will O in next 12-36hrs.

Do I bd again tonight to try and get O+12 OR do I not bd at all and hope that the girls get up there from our attempt last night, which was probably 24-36hrs before I O'd.

According to Atomic's instructions for abstain I either have to stop now and hope we got there (don't really mind waiting another month since this is our 3rd and final child) or dh would have to release himself tonight then we try again. And to be honest neither of us are comfortable with that, I hate it being so clinical.

Annoyingly I had the big O last night during bd too, which is bad for girl, but I did take antihistamine before. dh forgot to hot shower first, hoping abstain was enough to get us there.

Do I try again tonight and make dh hot shower first? or just leave it and wait and see if it was close enough to O to conceive???
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    New here from IG

Our attempts were a week and a half ago...hanging out for the 2ww. 10 dpo and BFN. I shed a lot of tears today...but if I remember correctly I never got a BFP until at least the day of my period. What do you all think? I am such a POAS addict. I started at 7dpo!

I have read where some women don't get them until 14-18 dpo. What are your experiences? Should I be planning my next sway or keeping my hopes up? In the past?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast