Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I think that if you look at the actual human data that is available the ratios of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium are the biggest factors that have been researched and shown to affect gender. The Dutch study on here and the French Gender diet on here support that fact. What IG and Atomic have done is take that research to the next level and incorporate other things that we *believe* may influence gender as well and incorporate those into the diet. Now, it is difficult to say which is "best" because we simply do not have the data to support that. What I can tell you is that both the Dutch study and the FG diet study show an 80% success rate when just focusing on the mineral ratios. FG had 3 studies with over 400 people and 80% success rate. The Dutch study was in the low 100's(patients) and near 80% success and I am sure she was following the FG diet with her clients after reading it. Do the other factors- pH, testosterone, alkaline vs. acidic make even more difference? I do not know the answer to that and neither does anyone else. None of those have been studied in humans like the minerals have.

So, no matter what else you do, it is IMPERATIVE that you follow a low sodium diet for a girl and keep your calcium and magnesium intake much higher than sodium and potassium. If you do not do that, you are really not swaying your odds at all. HTH
    I just need to make very clear that the evidence only shows that the French Gender Diet sways. NOT that cal/mag sways. They need to do some followup studies to prove that it's the minerals that sway and not some other factor, because the two diets (boy v. girl) are also very different in many other ways. I am very inclined to think that the reason why the FGD sways is BECAUSE it is lower calorie, lower fat and protein, and may lower blood sugar levels.

The good news is that everyone can have the best of all possible worlds and encorporate the minerals into your diet and have a great sway. But I don't want anyone to rely solely on popping some cal-mag supps to sway because it's not proven yet.

There is actually a fair amount of data available that indicates a low-everything diet sways pink and I will put together a list of links when I have half a sec.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That is not true. I would NEVER EVER EVER be a part of such a thing and neither would Tamara because we are both very much right-to-life.

It is very likely that healthy babies of either gender can develop just fine in any range of environments, but there is some evidence that indicates XX may NEED lower glucose levels to divide and implant properly.
    O Iīm sorrry, I didnīt mean to say this was your or Tamaraīs opinion.
    It was another forum member on IG that gave this kind of explanation, at least thatīs what I understood.
    6 3
    swayed for a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I understand that totally and I didn't mean to offend!! I tried to explain a lot to people on IG about the blood glucose thing but I felt like it was kinda falling on deaf ears. :/

Anyway, the concern is that it does no good to conceive a baby of a particular gender if the environment isn't right for that baby to thrive...there were just TONS of chemical pg amongst the girl swayers on IG and several of us were wondering if the blood glucose levels were too high for the XX babies. (I have NO EVIDENCE that this is true but that is just what some were speculating about.)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No, I understand that totally and I didn't mean to offend!! I tried to explain a lot to people on IG about the blood glucose thing but I felt like it was kinda falling on deaf ears. :/

Anyway, the concern is that it does no good to conceive a baby of a particular gender if the environment isn't right for that baby to thrive...there were just TONS of chemical pg amongst the girl swayers on IG and several of us were wondering if the blood glucose levels were too high for the XX babies. (I have NO EVIDENCE that this is true but that is just what some were speculating about.)
    Makes sense to me since women who are diabetics tend to have more girls. The women I know who only drink diet soda tend to have girls. Women who do not control sugar and eat high amounts have boys. I have been watching my sugars like crazy and even have a meter to test for that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of testing, what's a good blood sugar target for the kind of low sugar that sways girl? I have a meter too from my gestational diabetes days and still test sporadically.

Also, do you think that this chart is pretty accurate? I was wondering if one could adhere to the LE diet while also selecting acid producing foods from this chart to lower ph.

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/...y-pH-Chart.png

This seems like a simplified version:

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html

Thanks!
    Last edited by ThinkPink2014; December 2nd, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Firstly I wanted to mention that this post is from 2011 and we have evolved a lot in our thought processes since some of these posts were written.

I don't want anyone testing their blood glucose levels. It's just another thing to obsess over and while we say "lower blood sugar levels" as shorthand, what we really mean is that your body has to work to keep your blood sugar normal by burning off stores of fat. Your body doesn't like or want low blood sugar and immediately takes steps to bring it into normal range, and I believe it to be something about this process (forcing your body to tap into its stores to raise blood sugar) that sways pink. So even if you have "lower blood sugar levels" in terms of swaying, the measurable amounts of glucose in your blood are still going to be in normal range, but it's that your body had to work and use its stores to keep them there (hope that makes sense, a bit hard to explain)

I personally do not believe in the acid-alkaline diets and there is a good explanation of why that is, here:
    Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense

and another good explanation that has cursing and a bit of offensive language in it here:
    The Acid/Alkaline Diet: Is it Legit or a Scam? - Get A Life

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, atomic! I'll definitely check out those links. LOL I'm relieved that there's no numerical target to shoot for because that stressed the heck out of me during my pregnancy.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting reads and definitely helpful. I was wrongly assuming that diet would also influence the pH of cervical mucus and sway!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    diet can alter pH of saliva (because food goes in your mouth LOL) and urine, but it's never been proven that it alters pH of CM!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, we need to control sugar??? I thought it was unlimited on LE just as long as you stayed in your other quotas with cals fat, and pro etc

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    Makes sense to me since women who are diabetics tend to have more girls. The women I know who only drink diet soda tend to have girls. Women who do not control sugar and eat high amounts have boys. I have been watching my sugars like crazy and even have a meter to test for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast