Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why 6 weeks on LE diet?

I am 3dpo and really wanted to ttc this month. I have been on LE for 5 full days. I have been jogging/cycling everyday for an hour and already lost 3lbs. I am sticking to under 30g fat and under 40g protein. I am not overly heavy at 61.9kg and 160cm. My bmi is 24.7. I ate more cakes/biscuits before and snacked but never been a big meat eater. I am 14lbs lighter than when I got pregnant with my son but not at my lighest ever weight. That'll be hard as I was super skinny/fit when I got married.

So what is the reason we wait 6 weeks? I want a good chance but also want a sibling for my son. I only gave one shot at this as its 2 children for us, that's it. I am using other sway tactics too including rephresh, aspirin, abstaining x

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason is because we want to convince our bodies that times are tough, so having a girl makes more sense. Obviously, a few days of eating less than usual isn't really going to make much difference, if any. If you looks at the stats spreadsheets you can see the best results are when the diet is done for a longer period of time. 6 weeks is really the bare minimum to make a difference - especially if you think the follicles start preparing your eggs 3 cycles in advance!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. Suppose I just wanna get started I know I'll wait until next month it'll be 6+ weeks by then.

I counted up the 1-4 weeks stats this morning still a higher amount had girls bit as you said not as much as at 6 weeks+. I just want a baby am so broody BUT I want to give it best best for girl.
    Wish id started it sooner now when I was off work in the summer instead of being a greedy bitch Haha x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a couple different reasons so I'll outline them quickly:

1)the original reason was because that was what was advised by IG and I didn't want to shake things up too much.

2)Over time, longer on diet has very clearly gotten better results (for pink.) At first, I thought it was equally likely that you could hit it hard on diet and send a signal to your body, or that longer on diet could be better. I honestly did not know, and didn't have any data either way, so we sort of went with what worked best for each individual. Some people wanted to get pg quick and I encouraged that, while others wanted to do a lot of sway tactics which tends to inhibit conception and I encouraged that too. But unfortunately pretty much every person who was on diet for like 2-4 weeks got an opposite, exceptions of course being those who were not really on a blue-friendly diet to start with. And people on diet longer have gotten much better results (we don't know if it's really longer on diet, or if those people are swaying more strictly, have lost a higher % of body weight, or what, but since we can't know we have to hedge our bets and stick with the longer time on diet if at all possible)

3)Some people think that since an egg takes 90 days to form, if there is something to the idea of "egg priming" where your egg actually "picks" the sperm that fertilize it, you need to be on diet for 90 days for best results. I personally do not believe that this is how swaying works and I put very little stock into egg priming at all but that's what some people's rationale is.

4)i know you aren't asking about this specifically but the same holds true for exercise as well, because unlike with diet where you can really lose quite a lot of weight, I've found that exercise really takes 6 weeks to see clearcut results, plus testosterone can rise a bit when first starting exercise until enough weight loss/loss of muscle due to overtraining, occurs to lower T levels again and so that's why I advise the 6 weeks for exercise.

All this having been said, it is YOUR life, your sway, and if you want to TTC now, please do so. The guidelines of being at your lowest adult weight or lowest conception weight are just guidelines, they aren't a must-do. I wasn't at my lowest adult weight when I got my daughter. People just need a goal to aim for and that one makes sense to me, but it is in no way proven to be a magic bullet (and in fact I'd say it for sure isn't!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently the stats show

1-4 weeks on diet - 60.87% success (23 sways, 14 got girls)
    5-8 weeks - 63.89% (36 sways, 23 got girls)
    9-12 weeks - 63.16% (19 sways, 12 got girls)
    13-16 weeks - 58.82% (17 sways, 10 got girls)
    17-20 weeks - 57.14% (much smaller sample size though, 7 sways, 4 got girls)
    21-24 weeks - 80% (smallest sample size, 5 sways 4 got girls)
    25+ weeks - 67.74% (31 sways, 21 got girls)

Forgive me if Im wrong but to me, it seems like it is not showing a massive higher rate of success the longer you are on the diet? 4% more if you are on it for 25weeks+ compared to the lower weeks (e.g. 5-8 and 8-12 weeks). 80% is great for weeks 21-24 but the sample size is really small (only 5 sways)

I think it also depends a lot on your position, how much weight you can/have to lose, how easy or not so easy the weight will come off (for me I feel I have hit a major plateau after 6 weeks and I cant eat any less than I already am) and how likely you are to stick to it for a longer period of time (I am fed up of it already and want to get a bfp else the cheats might creep in more)
    Last edited by jennibel; September 7th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

April '13 - MMC & ERPC

LE since Jan '12, diet break in Dec '13 due to vanishing ovulation, back on it 'Jan 14

....BFN Feb & March (clomid cycles) with a 7/8 day LP

Hurry up BFP! Losing the will!

My FF homepage: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3323f5

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The stats have changed very recently due to some opposites but trust me, there was a strong and definite trend in the direction of longer on diet = more girls. Before the recent bunch of opposites, which does happen sometimes with statistics, it was very very obvious (and we've had a whole bunch of successful sways since the last time the stats were updated as well)

The problem with swaying stats is that at some point, people invariably get fed up with swaying and start to drop stuff. A lot of people started off way, way, way too strictly on diet and then on top of it, were doing superstrict sways that rendered them incapable of getting pregnant. So they had to drop stuff and many of them ended up stopping ovulation all together and bascially ended up having to sway blue just to get pg at all.

While I don't expect anyone to take my word for anything, I do want to just throw it out here that, I want your sways to succeed as much as anyone does. It's not because I"m trying to make money off this either, I helped people for free long before I ever started doing the sway plans, I really want you guys to get your DG. I"m never going to try to mislead or twist numbers to do anything you are not fully comfy with and I kinda think I've proved myself to always put swaying second and sanity first. So when i say that I believe there to be a trend that longer on diets is better, I'm not doing that for any other reason then I have seen a number of things that make me really truly believe that longer on diets is better (for pink that is).
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; September 7th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The stats have changed very recently due to some opposites but trust me, there was a strong and definite trend in the direction of longer on diet = more girls. Before the recent bunch of opposites, which does happen sometimes with statistics, it was very very obvious (and we've had a whole bunch of successful sways since the last time the stats were updated as well)

The problem with swaying stats is that at some point, people invariably get fed up with swaying and start to drop stuff. A lot of people started off way, way, way too strictly on diet and then on top of it, were doing superstrict sways that rendered them incapable of getting pregnant. So they had to drop stuff and many of them ended up stopping ovulation all together and bascially ended up having to sway blue just to get pg at all.

While I don't expect anyone to take my word for anything, I do want to just throw it out here that, I want your sways to succeed as much as anyone does. It's not because I"m trying to make money off this either, I helped people for free long before I ever started doing the sway plans, I really want you guys to get your DG. I"m never going to try to mislead or twist numbers to do anything you are not fully comfy with and I kinda think I've proved myself to always put swaying second and sanity first. So when i say that I believe there to be a trend that longer on diets is better, I'm not doing that for any other reason then I have seen a number of things that make me really truly believe that longer on diets is better (for pink that is).
    Oh goodness I never thought for one minute that you wouldnt want ours sways to succeed you are just the best at helping us all through all this and passing on the best advice. I just noticed a change in the stats recently, perhaps it made me feel a little better with this sway as I have only been on the diet 6 weeks strict before this attempt although on and off since Jan 2012 and I am so fed up with it. I definately think there is a tendency to start dropping things and thinking darn I just want to get pg already at any cost, which is the dangerous path I am leaning towards (I think it makes it worse that I literally put my all into my sway in Feb/March only for it to end in mc and then my Ov disappear or be unreliable for weeks so I regrettably lost a little faith and direction along the way). I didnt know there had been a recent bunch of opposites either, is there any reason, or just luck of the draw. I have to say I am still trying everything with my sway but I think sometimes god has a plan and what will be will be.

April '13 - MMC & ERPC

LE since Jan '12, diet break in Dec '13 due to vanishing ovulation, back on it 'Jan 14

....BFN Feb & March (clomid cycles) with a 7/8 day LP

Hurry up BFP! Losing the will!

My FF homepage: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3323f5

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't worry, I'm not offended, I have a rather unenviable task of balancing a lot of stuff (safety, sanity, swaying, conceiving in a timely fashion) and while I know it's only natural to question and I want to encourage that atmosphere on this site, sometimes it's like I get it from all sides because no matter what I say, there will be people who think I err too much or too little on the side of any of those things at any point.

Full analysis on why I think opposites happen here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ys-attack.html

and here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ypothesis.html

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic.

Makes sense, just impatient to get started. Gutted though as I now have an injury and cannot exercise for a few days, hopefully it wont matter once I am back on it x