Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opk question!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update Opk question!!

Hi ladies, this isn't my first time using opks, but it is my first time using them while swaying. I got a + on day 15 last month (my cycle is usually 33-35 days so this was early for me), and since this is our first month ttc I really don't want to miss the surge so I've been testing since cd12. Shouldn't the test line be getting darker? My body is obviously getting ready to ovulate so I feel there should be obvious gradual darkening.

P.s. TMI I'm not doing cervical checks as usual when I've ttc because atomic suggests it could raise testosterone so I'm going off cramping and the cm I find in my panties
    Last edited by Abifasc; April 18th, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe try taking twice a day in case you miss the surge? Xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am! I actually did 3 times today. I'm so scared of missing it!
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah ok sounds like perhaps something in your sway is lengthening your cycle to me but I don't really know tbh!! I know some ladies who don't get pos opks just dtd every 4 days though so they have one chance in the fertile window xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks! I think that's possible. My cycle last month was only 30 days instead of the typical 35 so I'm sure that was from LE. Thanks for your help!
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would keep this bumped up for atomic to see as well as she will know what's best for you. Good luck xx

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok my two cents. If you usually see a fade in pattern, I would expect you will see that this time, however, you may have a quick surge this month and miss it completely. Can I make a suggestion? I got pregnant with this ill girl using the clear blue advanced ovulation test. Not the monitor but the digital one that tells you your high days and peak days. I hated it at the time but I knew with plenty of time in advance that I was going to ovulate. I just tested once a day with fmu and it told me my result. Maybe you can try it? Ic's can be a real pain sometimes!!
    B married to T

Mommy to (2011) (2013) (2014) ...They are my world!!

Thank you GOD, Atomic, and everyone here at Gender Dreaming for blessing my family with a HEALTHY BABY GIRL<33

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrsandmamma what day did you dtd on? Your first or 2nd peak?

I wouldn't worry too much this was me cycle just gone. No/v faint line and I went past my usual ov days. I was just a late ov and sorted getting dark from nowhere. I still got about 2 days of darkening. Don't worry and stay calm it'll just be a late ov xxxxx
    born 2012

Swayed but got my beautiful 2015

Looking into going HT

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with dreaming. Just bc you Oed early last month doesn't mean you will this month. Also, sometimes surges don't have much of a gradual darkening, but appear out of the blue, even if a fade in is normal for you. If you're testing 3 times a day you WILL NOT miss it.

Personally I do NOT recommend the CB Advanced OPK as I have seen it cause so much confusion for so many, and LE tends to throw off cycles. I believe that and the monitor only work well for super regular textbook cycle ladies not doing swaying diets.

Waiting for O is very frustrating but it WILL come (most likely! ).

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I agree with dreaming. Just bc you Oed early last month doesn't mean you will this month. Also, sometimes surges don't have much of a gradual darkening, but appear out of the blue, even if a fade in is normal for you. If you're testing 3 times a day you WILL NOT miss it.

Personally I do NOT recommend the CB Advanced OPK as I have seen it cause so much confusion for so many, and LE tends to throw off cycles. I believe that and the monitor only work well for super regular textbook cycle ladies not doing swaying diets.

Waiting for O is very frustrating but it WILL come (most likely! ).
    Thanks so much! I know it will come but I just assumed the opks would be showing it. I looked into the monitor and i don't think it's for me. The LE diet threw my cycle off last month so I'm expecting it will again!
    praying and swaying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast