Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy hypothyroidism and ttc girl

Hi all. I am wondering about hypothyroidism and swaying girl. I have read a few responses regarding it, and something was mentioned about maybe tweaking the diet a bit. What changes should be made to the normal sway?? I don't eat a whole lot now but take folic acid 800 a day. I have three boys so it is desperation point!! I had posted once before about a different father, however maybe helping odds. He already has two daughters and his ex had lost a third. The doc told him he had low sperm count and did not see him ever having a boy based on different reasons but since I hace three boys I might change his odds and dont want that!! I love my sons dont get me wrong. Three is alot . Im also over 35 and my youngest son is one. Looking like hypothyroidism could 've my cause. Ive tried to get rud of thyroid issue but it will be costly with gluten free diet and coconut oil.
    Any suggestions??I take 88 mcg daily.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mind who has hypothyroidism has 3 girls, no boys. SHe takes synthroid, but I don't know the dose. I had nodules on my thyroid and had it removed last december, though it didn't seem to make a difference for me on my kids' gender.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have hypothyroidism and I have 2 girls. I take synthroid as well.
    2010 2011

one day &

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have hypothyroidism and I have two boys. Taking Levothyroxine (generic Synthroid). TTC girl.
    Mom to :. Hoping and praying for EDD 12.20.14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are two alternate diets in this thread, it's officially PCOS but there is a lot of overlap between hypo and PCOS. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html One of these is easily done as a gluten free diet.

I would leave out all hormonal supps, aspirin, and use antihistamine as a rescue only.

Just out of curiosity what did the doctor tell your husband those different reasons were??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also be v. careful before beginning iodine supps or using iodized salt (I have some people do that on LE Diet to be sure they're getting adequate iodine) Not everyone with thyroid issues can or should do iodine supplementation.

Also would stay away from soy for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have hypothyroidism, and I also have 3 boys, am 37, and my youngest is 1, so I feel you!

I've stayed away from soy, and I stay far away from iodine in any form. I was able to do the modified LE diet that atomic pointed out. Still TTC at them moment, but hopeful.

I take synthroid to even out my levels and it has been super amazingly helpful. I started on a higher dose and have actually weaned down to a lower dose over the course of the last 4 years...something most docs will tell you you can't do, but I honestly think that with a moderate diet and lifestyle, you can. I don't do gluten free...far from it! My dh is gluten free and I hate it. Lol! SO limiting. I actually eat a lot of carbs and bread.

I have no idea if my thyroid issues have been the cause of my boys, but at this point in my life my levels are as steady and controlled as they ever have been. I think that's all we can do.

If you think that thyroid is an issue for you, I would caution against going *too* far with any pink sway tactics. Over exercising and extreme diets can both trigger thyroid problems, so if you really feel like thyroid is your "boy issue", you may want to do a modified LE diet and just really monitor your levels when exercising. (I have personally included exercise, but I've done a trade off... on days when the 1 year old keeps me from sleeping, I don't exercise. Just on days when I get at least 7 hours of sleep. It keeps me from over taxing my thyroid too much, and I think it all evens out to the same basic sway principals.)
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the replies!! Im not sure if the thyroid is the cause of only having boys but wondered. I know my diet has been horrible though. For a while I was mainly only eating obe slice of bread with swiss cheese, two cups of yoplait light, ramen noodles WITHOUT the salty packet just added salt free butter and parmesan cheese. Also drank loads of crystal light and diet coke. I was worried about vitamins in all other foods!!! I had to start eating more I was getting sick. I have lost alot of weight.
    Atomic it was my husband s ex wife's ob. He told him that some men are predisposed to having all girls or all boys said usually even if there are different moms involved the gender of a particular mans kids was always a girl or always a boy. But that was in different cases of babies he'd delivered. I think also tge low sperm count. I know he and his ex technically had three girls one miscarriage and she'd had a son with someone else before him then gets with him-all girls!! Crazy thing is she had no change in diet he said from the boy to the girls shed told him. Ate cereal and chips anything salty!! Its mind blowing. I always ate the diet she did but three boys! !!