Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused How does allergy works when you TTC a gir?

Hello,

I am new to the forum and decided to join after feeling upset to being told I am having a little boy at Ultrasound scan.
    I have a little girl, my first and did not think I would be affected, but I was
    I was secretly wishing for a second girl, as I never had a sister and felt so different from my brother... I was crying for a few days after the scan and my way of dealing with this was to think of positive aspects of having a son and dreaming of a third pregnancy where I have a second girl as well so here I am...

I was wondering how does allergy affect pregnancies esp. when TTC a girl?
    I conceived DD Xmas Time & DS early December and thought this time I may choose to try the March-May season that favors girls.
    The only thing is that OH suffers from allergies (and takes antihistamines) which is why I avoided getting pregnant during this time for my last two, and I tend to have some allergy (mainly sneezing) some of the time in the season too, but take nothing, as it is not bad.

I read a post by Atomic Sagebrush where she mentions that inflammation caused by allergies may actually favor a boy. Does anyone know anything on this? Dear AS any advise? I love your posts by the way and one of the reasons I joined Ingender Dreaming.

Also if OH has an exam in June, how could this affect conception during the March-May period?

Thanks a lot for any input!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Allergies in DH probably don't sway much, but taking an allergy med like Zyrtec or benadryl will dry up your cervical mucus and sway pink more than than the very slight boy sway from inflammation from allergies.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Carmella, are there any side effects from using Zyrtec or benadryl. I am so worried using these may affect the health of the baby to come

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that is just speculation, I have just noticed that a lot of the boy moms do tend to have autoimmune or allergies. I don't have any proof of it yet, but I do think it may be true.

As a general rule I do think antihistamines can sway pink when taken both by DW and DH. I recommend them for a pink sway.

What do you mean when you say exam???
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsplanner View Post
    Thank you Carmella, are there any side effects from using Zyrtec or benadryl. I am so worried using these may affect the health of the baby to come
    They do not affect baby's health negatively. I would not tell anyone to take anything that I thought could affect a baby negatively.

In fact, I am so cautious that I have everyone stop taking them right before ovulation and not restart them.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you AS, good to know it is not unsafe. I am very cautious in general and have been affected by my mother, as she was always telling me not to take anything even paracetamol when trying to conceive to ensure the baby is healthy due to some health programs she watched.

DH feels a bit of a pressure with a toddler and a second one to come and he is studying (distance learning, aside from working full time) for a diploma in statistics so he can get a better job and earn more money to support the family. When DD was conceived he just started the course and life in general was not stressful, as he had more time.

When DS was conceived though (autumn 13), life was hectic, I went back to work Full time from the summer and as we have no family near by, we had to juggle between us when DD was sick from nursery and we were both exhausted. DD was also not a good sleeper and we both lacked a lot of sleep and in general even gained weight (me 2 kilos and DH probably a little more). He no longer had time to do his swimming exercise (he used to do that 3 times a week) and I used to walk 1 hour each day and did not have time to do that, so it all swayed to a boy I am guessing now retrospectively with the stress, weight gain and no time for romance and us time...

I was wondering considering this, as I was thinking Spring 2015 may be a good time for TTC a girl, whether that would actually not be good, as DH may be a little stressed and on his final course by then due to have his last course exam in June.

Would waiting till Summer after the exam be OK or would that work against us with the Summer season for a girl? Just weighing all options to find the perfect/best time to make everything work in our favor...

For me Spring may be the best especially if we plan a holiday back to my country and I did not want to leave it again till I return to work in autumn 2015 based on what happened with this pregnancy, just to ensure my work stress is not raising my testosterone... My country is Cyprus though where it is very hot even in Spring unlike the UK where we live.

In Spring 2015, I would be 37 and DH 35.5 and so far luckily we were able to conceive from the first attempt both times.

Thank you very much AS for all input you may have!
    Last edited by Dreamsplanner; April 25th, 2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you please bump this for me for tomorrow?? Out of time for today

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BUMP!

Just bumping and adding also below queries to thread:

Does it help a girl sway more when someone takes antihistamines when it is not an allergy season for them and so I assume the antihistamine may have more of an effect in their body? Only checking, as I suffer from allergy (only sneezing) in Spring mainly whereas DH can have allergy (more severe often) from Spring up to October sometimes, depending on the pollen out there and rainfall we may have?

Also, do the weather conditions (as in being cold or hot) affect sway? How? Weather in the UK is so unpredictable with some years being hotter or colder than other, I thought this may be good to check...

Thanks for any input
    Last edited by Dreamsplanner; April 29th, 2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Adding a query

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BUMP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are asking me questions I don't have enough info to say.

Some evidence indicates if you're often uncomfortably cold, it may sway pink, but at the same time if your DH is warm, that may be bad for his sperm health and also may sway pink.

I think if you get to the point you're worrying about what temperature it is, then you are going too far in a "Martha" direction and trying to control too many details. THis will undermine your sway much more than any temperature possibly can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast