Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stephk View Post
    Just came across this site and thought I would share:

Eat Yourself Skinny » Vegetarian Recipes
    THANK YOU for sharing this link! I just had the mashed "potatoes" (cauliflower) for lunch and it was simply divine!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm always on the lookout for new recipies etc, would be rude not to share

Glad you enjoyed

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to add some SUPER simple and quick soup recipes:

Dice summer squash (or other vegetables) and boil in water.
    Put the vegetables in a blender with herbs - I like fresh basil and rosemary.
    Add low fat yogurt to make it creamy and sweet chili sauce for taste.

Done!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it ok to use herbs and spices freely? What about onion and garlic? I thought they raise T levels and should be limited or has that concept changed?
    Great thread, thank you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i made this veggie pasta bake last night and it was very yummy, and I thought I should post here. It can be made more LE-like if you cut out the garlic and maybe don't use the cheese but you need something IMO:

ingredients (to serve 4)
    2 tins chopped tomatoes
    75g Spinach Trotolle per person (or any pasta you want): Ocado: Seeds of Change Trottole 500g(Product Information)
    1-2 courgettes
    some mushrooms
    some baby corn
    an onion
    1-2 peppers, any colour
    as much or as little chopped garlic as you want
    whatever herbs you want - i used sage, oregano and chilli
    buffalo mozzarella
    some grated cheddar

method:
    I cooked the pasta in a pan and meanwhile in a wok, I used fry light - added the garlic and onion first, then the rest of the veggies until soft. When the pasta was cooked, I added this to the wok and chucked in the tins of tomatoes and herbs. I then transferred this to a cooking dish, adding bits of grated cheddar. The mozzarella was chopped up and in the middle of the dish. I put grated cheddar on top. Cooked for 20-25 mins on 180.

approx 600 cals, 24g fat, 23g protein.

6. Likes sunnygirl liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yum stephk! Look at you still eating somewhat LE You must be gaining hardly anything!

If I'm still on LE this winter, I plan on cooking many of these soups!
    50 Light and Healthy Soup Recipes | Skinnytaste (some have meat, but many don't). Nearly all of them are LE or can be modified easily to be more LE friendly. I normally don't love the skinny taste blog (Because she uses tons of low fat ingredients), but it's a great blog for LE.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol I only gained 3kg in the first 11 weeks which is quite respectable. Then I went on holiday for 10 days and gained another 3kg!!!!

I am obviously eating more than when on LE, snacking and not restricting myself but I still eat less than I used to and a lot more vegetarian meals. It is how I prefer to eat but since moving in with my now husband, who is south african, I found that I slipped into eating meat every day at least once and just generally eating loads and too much. No wonder I lost so much weight when I did the diet!!! Although I won't be doing it like I did when swaying, once the baby is out I will be trying to do 30% fat but not necessarily restricting anything else. I am glad I have MFP though, as it will stop me going overboard on too many occasions in future!! So I reckon I have found a middle ground and my DH will even eat 2-3 veggie meals a week now which is amazing

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spice Soup
    Original recipe: Terry Goodkind: The Official Author Website

The way I've always made it
    1 small cabbage, core removed, cut in quarters then each quarter cut in half so 8 triangle wedges
    2 med yellow summer squash - sliced about 3/4"
    2 smallish zucchini squash- look for the same size as the yellow squash- sliced about 3/4"
    3-4 fist sized potatoes washed, skins on, cut in rough chunks a little larger than bite size
    8oz frozen corn
    1 small can of sliced mushrooms
    2-3 little red peppers- I THINK the "chili del Arbol" I pick up at Save-A-Lot is the same as the peppers he uses...
    2 Tbsp butter
    32oz box of reduced sodium chicken broth

Saute the peppers in butter, add to LARGE pot. (If you're spice sensitive you can strain the butter and discard the peppers like the author, but since I only use 2 it's not too bad to leave them in) Add all the veggies. Add chicken broth, and just enough water to come up to about an inch below the top of the veggies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer til everything is tender- about 30 minute to an hour. Def not all day like he says LOL. The squashes will turn to mush. If you're worried about mushy squashes and hard taters you can always start it cooking without the squashes and add them about 15 minutes later.

I'm prob going to make this today in fact. This time I will be experimenting with adding a turnip. They are our new favorite veg- like a cross between a potato and a radish. And I mayyyyy add a can of tomatoes. Not sure yet. Gotta discuss it with hubby who's not too keen on large chunks of cooked tomatoes in soup/chili.
    Last edited by wannabowbaby; January 20th, 2015 at 12:17 PM.
    Happily married 7.5yrs - Mommy to
    K-7yrs E-4yrs I-16 months
    JUST weaned in April - TTC a bow baby Spring/Summer 2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did want to mention for anyone reading this thread and thinking "well you can't possibly get a girl eating like that" OH yes she did!!! You absolutely can eat healthy foods like fruit and veg and not cut back calories to the barest minimum and get a girl!!!! LE Diet is NOT and never was meant to be a starvation diet!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes jennypenny, Pink Pony, sunnygirl, Nessa84 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is such a great thread for recipes for brits!(and everywhere else really)
    Lots of great menu ideas x
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast