Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BD every 4 days: FR or abstain?

I have been reading all of these forum posts and I am 99.9% sure that I read that DH should not do FR when attempting every 4 days, but I just wanted to be sure. Naturally, I can't find that thread

If we move to attempting every 4 days, does my hubby only release during the attempts?
    If not, how often can he (and should he not) release?

Thanks!
    Luckiest mama to a (2011) and my sweet (2013 unmedicated VBAC).

Missing my Angel Babies (1/2015), lost due to twin partial molar pregnancy. Another , June 2015.. rainbow 2016.

Hoping for a rainbow girl in 2017; PGD/IVF.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are doing every 4 days, dh is only releasing on attempts because when we conceived the boys it was an everyday thing
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Frequency--FR or abstain-- doesn't seen to sway much at all, and in my personal experiebce is a lot more hassle and stress (that swats blue) than it's worth. One attempt (either through one attempt at +OPK or by bd every 4 days) is getting great results. (Although just to be clear you can FR when attempting every 4 days, just have him release outside you or use protection)

You can limit DHs releases to just during your attempts every 4 days, or you can DTD in whatever pattern you choose, so long as it's protected by a condom or something in between the every 4 day attempts.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, ladies!!!
    Luckiest mama to a (2011) and my sweet (2013 unmedicated VBAC).

Missing my Angel Babies (1/2015), lost due to twin partial molar pregnancy. Another , June 2015.. rainbow 2016.

Hoping for a rainbow girl in 2017; PGD/IVF.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to separate frequency from number of attempts in your mind. Some people will want to do both pink friendly frequency and one attempt, others do just one. You can't do abstain with BD every 4 days, there's not enough days to qualify as abstain.

a LOT of variables come into play in this decision. Some people's husbands can't DO FR. Others want to try absolutely everything. This is not something I can just give a straight answer to.

So, nutshell version - if your husband can't do FR, if he has low sperm count or you have other fertility issues (including age), or need to get pregnant more quickly, then do NOT add in FR releases between the every 4 days' BD pattern.

If your husband has a super high sex drive, super high sperm count, you want to feel like you've tried everything,, then yes you can have hubby do either daily release between the BD (so he'd release 1x daily except for the days you BD),

OR he can do a compressed FR when you're coming up on your fertile window (so he'd release 2-3 times a day for 2-3 days culminating in the day of your attempt in the fertile window and this attempt can be with the second release of the day, but separated from prev. attempt by 8-12 hours)

OR he can do a hurry up FR where every time you have attempt, or just the attempt that is in your fertile window, he releases once, dumps it, then you DTD again as quickly as he's able to, ideally within 1-3 hours but if htat's not possible, within 6

Obviously, any of the frequency patters that requires releasing between every 4 day BD is going to cut odds of conception and that will NOT be a good move for many people.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still don't understand why there is a new tactic for the release. I thought I saw a study on here of young men releasing every 8 hours for 6 times. The result was that the count was really low. Why does he have to start on CD4 then? Every 8 hours for three days before ovulation... I thought thats the plan? does every 4 days really lower count? I doubt it.... because thats what fertility clinics recommend to keep count high and healthy... every 4 days...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wait or maxbe I do understand... you are talking about attemps. so instead of people doing 0-4,0-3,0-2 etc just one hit because of the every 4 days.... is that right?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so if you could target ovulation by the hour due to hcg shot, when would be the best hour to have that one planned attempt after FR of whatever pattern? hoe long does sperm need to get compressed?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have read these posts like 10 times and I am still not following what you are saying.

We are not trying to lower count with this method. IT is meant to ensure you have one stress free attempt in the fertile window with a good chance of conception. I am not and never have said "this is a pink-friendly frequency". IT isn't.

The reason why we have a new method is because a)people are not getting pregnant easily enough with frequency patterns (any of them)
    b)Frequency patterns are having way lower odds of success than one attempt
    c)it is possible to get pg with one attempt provided you aren't doing a zillion other things to sway
    d)People are having a ton of trouble with OPK and tracking ovulation

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofboys View Post
    so if you could target ovulation by the hour due to hcg shot, when would be the best hour to have that one planned attempt after FR of whatever pattern? hoe long does sperm need to get compressed?
    ???

Follow your doctor's instructions on when to have attempt after HCG shot.