Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Planning my sway - Questions

I noticed through reading lots of threads there are a lot of things not recommended if your breastfeeding: saw palmetto, peppermint tea, aspirin/cranberry....can't remember if there were any others.

I am still nursing, but my son is 2 1/2 (will be nearly 3 at attempt) and if he's getting any milk at all any more, it's very little. Should I still avoid the above things if he's still nursing?

Probable reason for my lack of milk is poor control of my thyroid issues (they refused to give me meds for years because my numbers were "normal" & now I'm fighting to get a dose increase since I still have major symptoms). So thyroid issues means Vitex is out, yes?

Since we're both over 40, I want to do something for egg health. I was debating between CoQ10 & DHEA (if I can get, it's prescription only in Canada), but I can only find evidence for DHEA working. Not sure what to do.

Also, does anyone know if OLE is safe for dh to take. He's on blood pressure meds, Tylenol 4's, loperamide, plus digestion enzymes & insulin (he has no pancreas anymore).

Thanks for any help!
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, please still avoid them. None of them even work very well and not worth any level of risk. They will also aggravate the lack of milk supply you're experiencing (and are not allowed with thyroid anyway so this is kind of academic LOL)

no vitex with thyroid

I do not think DHEA is a good idea for anyone who will be pregnant in the same month they are taking it. THe only time I ever recommend it is for people who are doing IVF and retrieving eggs in a different month than they will be pregnant. This allows them time to wean off the DHEA gradually before they are actually pregnant. I do not believe it is safe to take DHEA right up to time of conception and also don't think it's safe to stop it suddenly at ovulation. THere is not enough time to safely wean off it before you would be pregnant. I would go with 100 mg coq10 (ubiquinol form best) and 4000 mcg of folic acid (folate form best) every day. Wean of coq10 after bfp and continue folic thru first trimester then gradually wean back to amount in prenatal.

I would not give your husband OLE with all the stuff he has going on.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Planning my sway - Questions

Thank you!

I was planning on taking folate instead of folic acid anyway, although nowhere near that amount, since I'm concerned I may have MTHFR.

Dh is on CoQ10 already, but I've been trying to get him to ask the dr for DHEA for himself. Would that be a better idea?
    Last edited by blueeyedguys; July 22nd, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think DHEA gains you anything for DH other than higher chance of another boy and would never recommend that with the medications he's on.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ