Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Why...oh...WHY Did I have to look?

So, in the middle of my TTC, my brother and SIL announce their pregnancy. At my grandmothers 75th bday party yesterday, she passes her U/S pictures to me and OF COURSE I look. Mrs. TOTALLY BOY LIFESTYLE is most likely having the girl I so desperately want. I do not know how reliable 12 week potty shots are, but there are 3 pretty distinct dots there. I wanted to cry. In fact when I got home, I did cry. I know if God wants me to have a little girl, I will...it's just SO HARD. I just want to crawl up on the couch with a pint of ice cream and pout. LoL
    18132: @ 8wks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

That would hit me like that too!
    Hope you get your girl too one day

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh god I feel your pain I gad that with SIL, didn't see a potty shot but all up convinced myself she was pregnant with a girl and so did she! She didn't even believe 20 week scan that told her boy and wasn't till he was born that she finally accepted it but I related to her to a degree as know that yearning for a girl so bad! However had she had the girl I'd be sick to my stomach and be feeling awful! It was a torturous 8 weeks for me for sure after her 12week scan! Thinking of you Hun
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its hard. My sister in law had the girl she desperately wanted a few months back. She'd made it very clear she didn't want a boy which offended me. She hot her dream for her first child. Even though I knew it was a girl from 20 weeks I sobbed when she was born. I think seeing her name, a girls name with my surname tipped me over.
    My other sister in law is due a baby next week. Not sure on the gender, I am telling myself girl to prepare myself but know it'll hit me just as hard x
    born 2012

Swayed but got my beautiful 2015

Looking into going HT

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes...it is hard. As women, we long for that mother/daughter bond. I think, sometimes, people just don't understand that yearning or think you're being selfish for wanting a girl so badly. I guess all we can continue to do is pray and sway On a different note, does anyone know just how reliable a 12 week potty shot is? It looks classic girl to me, but I keep reading that they both "supposedly" look the same at this gestation?

Praying we all get those girls we want so badly!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I read somewhere that at 13 weeks is the most reliable for nub shots so could possibly be too early? Was it a side shot or actual potty shot? Personally I wouldn't say potty shots that early are reliable at all. Think private gender scans will only do them from 16 weeks.
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When my SIL was pg with her son she swore it was a girl called it by name even. It drove me crazy! Then she found out she was having a boy and I felt relief now she is pg with her daughter and I have to go to her baby shower that she is hosting herself in a couple weeks.....not excited.
    Anyways, I think 12 weeks is really too early for a potty shot. I think a "nub" view is what people go by at that gestation

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was an actual potty shot, just not sure from what angle....The nub was straight...didn't look "forked" like some, but the potty shot had three clear either lines or dots or whatever you want to call them and there did not seem to be anything protruding out. I could be totally wrong, I just know as soon as I looked at it my heart started racing and I felt sick. I just knew it was a girl. I am happy for them, I truly am, it just makes my longing much worse. QueenB I can absolutely see why you are not excited. I am sure I will have similar feelings if SIL's is a girl.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel your pain!! My step sister had a little girl after her boy...I cried for awhile but now I know if it's meant to be it will happen for me.
    Mom to three princes (9) (8) (20 months)...hoping for a to complete our beautiful family. Come on and make yourself at home!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really think a potty shot at 12 weeks is too early. Both genders look the same from that view because the part haven't separated yet. So you will see 3 lines or dots boy or girl. I am NO expert but I really think gender could go either way from what you noticed in those pics.

FWIW, I know how you feel
    And......I can't help but hope my sil pics were wrong and she is actually having another boy!!! It is awful! I know!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast