Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I miss the window?

Okay, so I know that this is going to sound all Martha-y, but we've already made the attempt, so I hope that any musing on my part post-attempt won't make a difference. To be fair, I spent most of the day chasing my little guy around so I haven't actually had time to really be too Martha-y over this until after my son went to bed and I've had a moment to think/relax.

Okay, so here's the issue: Did I miss my window to make the attempt?

Facts:
    Ova-Cue fertility monitor projected O on Monday (tomorrow) (NOTE: This would have me O-ing on the same cycle day as last month.)
    I got an "almost positive" OPK on Saturday evening (didn't test before this, so can't say whether it was fully negative earlier in the day)
    Sunday morning, my temperature rose markedly, suggesting that O had occurred.
    Sunday morning OPK indicated that it was still "almost positive"
    Concerned that I may have already O'd, we made our attempt on Sunday morning while I still had an "almost positive" OPK.
    Sunday afternoon, still "almost positive" OPK
    Sunday evening, definitely fading out on the OPK, still a line, but definitely less bright than earlier in the day.
    My Ova-Cue fertility monitor still hasn't registered that O has occurred yet.

So, what do you ladies think? Does the temperature rise mean that I O'd early and never got a positive opk? Or does the fact that the OPK didn't start to fade out until later on Sunday suggest that O hadn't yet happened. Not that any speculating now will make any difference whatsoever to the "facts", but I'm just curious.
    Mom to (2013)
    Got pregnant swaying pink on our 3rd try.
    Fingers crossed for a on June 14, 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure how Ova-cue works but most programs I've seen are not super reliable at predicting o. They are typically making guess based in previous cycles and when you're swaying cycles can get messed up pretty fast.

Temperatures can be off if you didn't get a good nights sleep, if you drank alcohol the night before, or if you're coming down with an illness. Tomorrow's temperature will help you determine if you actually Oed or if it was just a fluke temp today.

OPKs are tricky in that they detect Lh, which is an indicator you *might* o soon! but lh is used for other processes in the body and you can get several false positives before you actually o. You may have missed the surge, or maybe not.

If you've already ovulated, there isn't much you can do now but hope that the one attempt was in the fertile window (although typically by the time the temp rises the egg is no longer viable.) if tomorrow's temp is low then you're still in the running, but I would not do another attempt for 4 days, then you're sure to only have one attempt in your fertile window.

Don't stress! Don't over analyze it!!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info! My husband was just saying how this whole thing would be easier if we were monkeys because my butt would turn bright red when I was fertile and then he would know when to do it.... Hahaha...
    Mom to (2013)
    Got pregnant swaying pink on our 3rd try.
    Fingers crossed for a on June 14, 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping you caught the egg! But if not maybe try bd every 4 days next month? That way you won't miss ovulation.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last