Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie in Need of Advice Please...Thanks!

Hi! Sorry, this is going to be long!

I am a mother of two awesome boys (3.5yrs and 13mo), and wife to a DH who desperately wants a little girl! We will be ttcing next month, in August. I am 34, soon to be 35, and DH is 36. I am still breastfeeding my youngest 4-5 times a day on average, and I sometimes nurse more before AF. I have been on the LE diet (PCOS style since I had late onset GD with DS#2), loosely since March, and I have been strict since June. I am weaning myself off of Fenugreek and only taking my nursing tea, pregnitude, folic acid, fiber, and Zyrtec for allergies. I used to take Choline and Inositol and only switched to Pregnitude 2 months ago when I did not get a period. This cycle I started Vitex since my cycle has been inconsistent and mostly anovulatory. Today I got my first +opk and hopefully it will be confirmed by temping. I am at my lowest weight since having both of my boys at 123, and I am 5'4". I have lost 28 pounds since this past October.

My concern is I am six weeks from our first attempt, and I have a broken middle toe preventing me from exercising Also, should I continue taking Vitex? I feel it has helped me, but am wondering if I should take it for the next 6 weeks then stop at O. DH is taking OLE and Peppermint tea, wearing tighty whiteys, and he is willing to do whatever he can to get his little girl! I just want to know if there is anything else we can or should do. TIA!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good! I would stay strict with the diet and keep taking the Vitex continuously, at least until you O. With diet, one attempt, and everything else you will have a great shot. Let your toe heal and exercise when you can but don't delay, IMO.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am frustrated that I won't be able to exercise! I am going to try each week to see if I can do more. Right now walking on it much is not an option, except when I am by myself taking care of my boys. Should DH do anything else, or is OLE, Peppermint tea, and the tighty whiteys enough?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think what the woman does matters most, though DH can help.. DH could take a hot shower before your attempt, in addition to his other tactics. I really wouldn't worry about exercising; plenty of girl moms don't exercise. I do think it helps but I think diet + one attempt is enough for most. Plus you may not conceive the first month, giving you more time to do the diet and resume exercising.

Can you swim with the broken toe?

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh, I did not think about swimming! I bet I could do that once the pain becomes more manageable. Great idea! Thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck! I tore a muscle in the top of my foot (it hurt to flex my foot) and swimming was all I could do while I was in the air cast for a few months. I hope it works out for you.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I answered this in another thread, just doublechecking that all the q's in both threads were answered to your satisfaction.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ