Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I strongly recommend temping vaginally this cycle & if possible without too much stress, charting your CM and cervical changes as well. fertilityfriend.com is fabulous for charting and helping determine O. Without temping & charting you can't be sure of when you Oed and if you're concerned about your LP it's important to be accurate.

I'm glad AF arrived, I know the waiting can be SO frustrating!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mint tea can def. delay ov!! I haven't seen it do a ton for LP on the boards BUT on paper, it could possibly help with LP if you had a short LP due to PCOS or PCO-tendencies. It lowers testosterone and your body may have taken the raw materials it was using to make testosterone into making progesterone instead, thus lengthening the LP.

Did your temps coincide with the pos OPK?? pos OPK on CD 18 could mean O on CD 20 and a 14 day LP which would be great. OR, you may have had a delayed ovulation and Oed later than you think (pos OPK may have been a faker) and still had a short LP.

Can u post a chart?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Mint tea can def. delay ov!! I haven't seen it do a ton for LP on the boards BUT on paper, it could possibly help with LP if you had a short LP due to PCOS or PCO-tendencies. It lowers testosterone and your body may have taken the raw materials it was using to make testosterone into making progesterone instead, thus lengthening the LP.

Did your temps coincide with the pos OPK?? pos OPK on CD 18 could mean O on CD 20 and a 14 day LP which would be great. OR, you may have had a delayed ovulation and Oed later than you think (pos OPK may have been a faker) and still had a short LP.

Can u post a chart?
    I haven't been temping only OPK so I don't know about that.
    I'm using an app without a good chart so can't really post anything for you to see.

I was feeling some O pain this past weekend and yesterday OPK looked like this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410340424.141323.jpg

Today it was weaker. Do you think yesterday was a positive OPK? I didn't do OPK before that because I thought it was still early for O.

We DTD on Friday and will again today. Hope we didn't missed our chance this cycle!
    1 born 2013
    2 failed sway due August 2015

Might try to conceive a DD through IVF/pgd in the future

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a positive OPK. Check out fertilityfriend.com to learn about charting.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes that is pos! Good luck for this month.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    That is a positive OPK. Check out fertilityfriend.com to learn about charting.
    Thank you, I will!
    1 born 2013

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    yes that is pos! Good luck for this month.
    Thanks! We DTD about 36 hours after pos OPK. Hoping we didn't miss the egg!
    1 born 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried to lengthen my 10 day LP to no avail. Vitamin b100 complex, Mint tea, nothing worked. I will be starting Clomid next month.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Clomid is the gold standard for lengthening LP.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    honeybee, if clomid doesn't help I really recommend Vitex for short LPs. It works so fast on me, too. I started taking it again this cycle after a few months break, from 5DPO, and now I'm on 14DPO with still no AF! My LP was often under 10 days before.

My Ovulation Chart

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast