Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last minute panic!

Hi. I've been researching and loosely swaying for a few months and thought I felt ready to TTC this month. I'm expecting to ovulate this weekend, but now I'm having a last minute panic that I'm not happy with my sway decisions! I've just signed up here so I can ask for some aadvice .
    3 months ago I cut out snacks and started skipping breakfast. I decided against calcium supplements, but started drinking 200ml semi skimmed (2%) milk and a low fat yoghurt daily, and taking 150mg magnesium supplement. I haven't followed the diet strictly or counted every part, but since 8 weeks ago, I have kept under 1500 calories most days, going up to around 2500 calories a couple of days a week, and have lost 12 lb in weight. I'm still a little overweight.
    I'm worried about the high calorie days, and that I still have weight to lose, and the extra nutrition from the milk, yoghurt, and magnesium supplements.
    Am I worrying too much, or has my sway been very weak?
    With just a few days before our attempt, I'd really appreciate any thoughts or advice!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 girls and my diet would fluctuate between 1400 calories on most days and major pig out days where I would eat 3000 calories. I never ate breakfast. So I think you're good there. Hopefully other girl swayers can help too. I'm just going off what got me all of my girls.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are worrying too much. Cheat days on LE are normal and OK! Make sure to stick with one attempt, good luck!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also wishing I hadn't had the magnesium supplements and milk.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, there is NEVER the perfect month or the perfect sway, and I think sometimes we have the tendency to postpone month after month when it may be that the universe is serving us up the "right" month if only we are brave enough to go for it!

What I would definitely do is stick with the one attempt. WE've seen very good results with that.

It may very well be the case that it is BFN this month anyway, and it will give you more time to regroup and tweak a little more. I'd much rather see you gals TTC BEFORE you're skin and bones, instead of losing every spare ounce of weight you have before you even start TTC.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou. I agree.. I have already put off one month to lose more weight, then had a chemical, so have already had longer than originally planned. I'm most annoyed about having taken the magnesium and drinking milk.. I stopped both a week ago, but had been having for 3 months. Do you think the extra nutrition from 300ml (1 cup) semi skimmed (2%) milk and 150mg magnesium supplements daily will have harmed my chances?
    Should my one attempt be on day of ovulation? I'm using Clearblue OPK and had planned 2 attempts, one that flashing smiley, then one at solid smiley.
    Is it worth adding aspirin or liquorice root at this late stage?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 38 and DH is 44 so we want to conceive quite soon, but I don't want to go for it if I've been accidentally swaying blue!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4rkl3s View Post
    I'm also wishing I hadn't had the magnesium supplements and milk.
    Why do you say about the magnesium? I am taking it (but not calcium) is it not a good idea? Thanks.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think calcium & magnesium were believed to help pink, but now the extra nutrients are thought to sway blue. Magnesium is to help calcium absorption.

I've only been taking half a tablet of magnesium a day so 150mg, so don't know what effect that will have had. Is this a high amount?
    And for calcium I was drinking 2% milk, about 300ml a day, wondering how much harm the extra nutrients in this would be.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a flashing smiley on OPK, but still nervous to go for it in case I've accidentally swayed blue with extra nutrients.
    Bumping for extra info or reassurance please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast