Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

J&d with FR? Ready for first attempt!

We are currently doing FR, expecting a pos OPK sometime next week, (guessing we will have done around 7-9 frs by then), so, I was wondering... Should I j&d? I am 37 and DH is 41, just in case it matters that we are on the older kind of side
    Oh and if so, after how long do I j&d? And we should go for missionary right?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My thought would be no to j&d and yes to whatever position you want to be in
    But I'm sure others will have more scientific fact behind their reasons :P
    Mine is just a feeling.

Good luck!
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree with Angie, no j&d, whatever position you want.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The stats on J&D aren't great. The real winner is one attempt, however you accomplish that. I got my daughter doggie style (sorry if TMI!) which is supposedly the "most boy friendly" position. I let DH release as he wanted beforehand, mostly because he was so uncooperative, and I wanted to make sure that telling him to FR or hurry-up FR or (worse!) abstain didn't make him want to throw in the towel. He pretty much took care of himself, or "asked for a hand" every 2-3 days, including the night before our attempt.

Whatever you decide, good luck, and pink dust to you!
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your replies!
    When you say the stats are not great I take it you mean for a BFP, not for pink right?

As for the big O?..it's a bit no no right? I just worry it may all be a bit of a mechanical procedure lol

Oooh, and, should we do a release a few hours before the attempt, as in the actual day ?? Or will there be no spermies left with so much fr'ing..!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whatever position you like (sometimes DH gets "stage fright" with one attempt and it may help to change positions)

I would not J and D, wait 5 minutes.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveSunshine View Post
    Thank you for your replies!
    When you say the stats are not great I take it you mean for a BFP, not for pink right?

As for the big O?..it's a bit no no right? I just worry it may all be a bit of a mechanical procedure lol

Oooh, and, should we do a release a few hours before the attempt, as in the actual day ?? Or will there be no spermies left with so much fr'ing..!!
    I think even the results on J and D are not great - but some of that may be a trick of stats, because superfertile people may make more boys and they're hte only ones who can get pregnant doing it!

Don't take the Big O too seriously, we've done polls and results are all over the map. I had one with my DD.

If already doing daily FR, do NOT have release the day of attempt. That is a separate strategy called hurry up FR and both together is too much.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I mean for BFP. Also, the one attempt + J&D stats were about the same as the one attempt stats, so I'm guessing it's not doing much, if anything at all, except delaying conception. That's why I left it out.

The big O for pink is controversial. I had one before and after my attempts that resulted in boys, and none at all for an entire month before my attempt for my girl, so I'm biased in leaving it out. There are plenty of ladies on here who have gotten girls with a big O (atomic included,) but I figured it was just one thing I could easily leave out that might help, and I'd always wonder if I got another boy if the damn O had anything to do with it. I have the rest of my life for LOTS of those

You might want to ask specifically about FR in a different thread. Atomic warned me against it, and I'm glad I left it out now, but she might have different advice for someone with a supportive DH!
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so thankful for the support here, thank you all so much, honestly! And atomic you always appear in my threads and reply, thanks!!

Well I doubt we are super fertile as our DS took a year to appear in our lives! I wasn't tracking O or anything back then though.

Lilithwisher, I already a thread regarding the FR here, and I am following atomic's advice: I am going for FR + 1 attempt at pos OPK, for one or maybe two months, and if I have no BFP by then we will try her second best: BD every four days after AF.

My sway is not very strong as I am not dieting per se, but we have been very disorganised during the holidays with our meals and we were joking we are kind of malnourished, haven't had much meat at all and I have lost about 10lbs lately so I am hoping that will sway pink...?! Fingers crossed!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If memory serves Lilith your husband wasn't into the FR and in that case I think it's better to just drop it cause we haven't been getting the results with it anyway. But some people really want to do as much as they possibly can, even if it's just the window dressing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast