Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why not low carb for swaying girl?

When we tried with DS3, I went completely vegetarian. We are still on the fence about trying again. Just by looking at the people around who have girls a lot of them are cardio junkies and only eat chicken breast and veggies and very little carbs. One of them was on the paleo diet when she conceived her daughter (after a son). So this made me think everyone is talking about carbs and to eat bad carbs when swaying but carbs will raise your sugar levels. So would you still have luck if you ate lean low fat protein and steamed veggies and worked out a ton?
    Last edited by Navywife620; August 22nd, 2014 at 03:19 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi navywife! I remember you! Hope you are doing fine! I see your LO is almost 1. Wow, time flies!

I asked this question also before i started swaying. But the 40-50 g of proteins a day has proven its role in swaying... And yes, carbs will raise bloodsuger, but also cause a quick decline. And eating 2 times a day will help.

I would certainly include exercise. I truly believe that was key in conceiving my daughter.
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will say the girl moms I know that eat "low carb" are really eating very little of anything. My friend will eat a salad with a tiny bit of chicken , skip meals frequently, and tide herself over with diet coke. Another will eat cookies behind closed doors but in public only eat steamed veggies and tiny bits of fish here and there. I wouldn't consider either of them on a traditional low carb diet (as I've done before!) which is primary healthy fats.

I do believe the low fat/low protein sways because there are scientific studies to back it up. You could eat chicken and veggies only on LE, but you just would have to keep portions really small and it wouldnt' be much food. If you eat too much protein you would build muscle which definitely seems to sway blue. I don't think you have to be vegetarian to sway pink, but I do think the main reason being vegetarian does sway pink is the low protein aspect.

Lastly, it does seem like tons of cardio has been getting good results! Many girl moms I know are work out fiends, and while some of them do hit the weights at the gym it seems that the cardio route is getting the best results on this site.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwish View Post
    Hi navywife! I remember you! Hope you are doing fine! I see your LO is almost 1. Wow, time flies!

I asked this question also before i started swaying. But the 40-50 g of proteins a day has proven its role in swaying... And yes, carbs will raise bloodsuger, but also cause a quick decline. And eating 2 times a day will help.

I would certainly include exercise. I truly believe that was key in conceiving my daughter.
    Ah Yes! I remember you!! DS3 is almost a year I can't believe it! He is seriously such a joy though! Congratulations on your girl! Have you posted your sway?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet22 View Post
    I will say the girl moms I know that eat "low carb" are really eating very little of anything. My friend will eat a salad with a tiny bit of chicken , skip meals frequently, and tide herself over with diet coke. Another will eat cookies behind closed doors but in public only eat steamed veggies and tiny bits of fish here and there. I wouldn't consider either of them on a traditional low carb diet (as I've done before!) which is primary healthy fats.

I do believe the low fat/low protein sways because there are scientific studies to back it up. You could eat chicken and veggies only on LE, but you just would have to keep portions really small and it wouldnt' be much food. If you eat too much protein you would build muscle which definitely seems to sway blue. I don't think you have to be vegetarian to sway pink, but I do think the main reason being vegetarian does sway pink is the low protein aspect.

Lastly, it does seem like tons of cardio has been getting good results! Many girl moms I know are work out fiends, and while some of them do hit the weights at the gym it seems that the cardio route is getting the best results on this site.
    Yes that makes perfect sense! I was think a half of chicken breast at my 2 meals then just steamed veggies and loads of diet coke/crystal light. I can't go vegetarian again! I feel like Portions/calories/low fat/ and cardio are the most important. Luckily we bought a treadmill so I can get my cardio on anytime of day!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think low fat (especially low saturated fats) is the single most important dietary factor for swaying pink. I do think carbs sway pink, however. And chicken is probably the 'pinkest' meat.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all the reasons I recommend what I do is because studies have shown it. Personal observations are fine, but studies in humans and animals have shown that a higher carb, lower protein, vegetarian diet that is higher in vegetable fats than animal fats sways pink. And in terms of anecdotes there are tons of ladies on here who got boys with Paleo.

Low carb CAN sway pink. Any time you drastically change your diet in ANY way, you will probably be swaying pink. Protein alone doesn't make boys, protein plus carbs plus a ton of other stuff makes boys (and I have never said any differently dating back to the earliest days back on IG). The problem is, firstly that I don't think it's going to be as reliable for the population as a whole, because a) the nutrients contained in meat can sway blue b) tons of people can't stick to a low carb diet, end up cheating, and that puts them right back in protein + carb land swaying blue and c)I do not think Atkins diet in the weight loss range, is safe before pregnancy and turning a low carb diet into a safe, prepregnancy diet by adding carbs and getting it out of ketosis, puts it right back into the land of blue.

You're not following how carbs and blood sugar work. IN anyone with a normal blood sugar response, yes, blood sugar levels go up upon eating mainly empty carbs but then they'll quickly drop lower than they were before. Your body doesn't like this, and then has to burn off stores of fat and muscle to bring your blood sugar back to a normal range (that is, if you don't eat anything else) . So NO, eating carbs doesn't really raise your blood sugar levels over time (and keep in mind we don't even KNOW that this is the case that blood sugar has anything to do with swaying anyway, it's just one hypothesis among many others, and even if true we don't know how it works.)

In people who DON'T have that good blood sugar control, they need to change the diet up a bit to contain more protein and fat, and less carbs, and better quality carbs. That's why I have the alternate diets.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet22 View Post

totally this. What I see happening (and I haven't actually SEEN this, I mean I envision it) is that those of us who love to eat, will go onto a "low carb" diet and be doing the cheese and bacon on broccoli thing and tons of butter and ranch dip (I've seen several people who gained weight on low carb diets doing exactly that), and then also sneak in some carby cheats and it's going to be a recipe for boys.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife620 View Post
    Yes that makes perfect sense! I was think a half of chicken breast at my 2 meals then just steamed veggies and loads of diet coke/crystal light. I can't go vegetarian again! I feel like Portions/calories/low fat/ and cardio are the most important. Luckily we bought a treadmill so I can get my cardio on anytime of day!
    Won't you waste away to nothing doing that, though? BE sure to give yourself enough time for your body to adjust because it's not unusual for people's cycles to totally stop on low carb diets.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your input Atomic. With DS3 I ate a lot of white rice and pasta and I feel maybe doing the carbs didn't work for me? I know everyone is different. I am just wondering if I need to go a different route this time. Maybe cleaning eating route. With DS1 we ate out a ton and I ate horribly. DS2 We ate a lot of frozen meals, we ate out at fast food a lot. Burger king at least once a week. DS3 I did LE, vegetarian, steamed broccoli/steamed asparagus,white rice, pasta, no breakfast, a ton of diet coke, hershey candy bars, 1200- 1300 calories a day, and 1 attempt with a pull out. Still a boy. Maybe swaying doesn't work for me? I just was observing all the people I know who have girls and their lifestyle and I see cleaner eaters and cardio junkies. So thought maybe try that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast