Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pos OPK, atomic question please!

Hello,
    Me again...!
    Just looking for reassurance..!
    I did an opk yesterday and got a faint line, but An hour after it was dark, which I guess is a false positive? Today it looked positive but not super dark, so will retest in a while.

Bit of info, I am on CD15, DH did FR on CDs 9,11,12,13 and 14, so only 5 times and my PH has tested 5 for the last 5 days. Today there was no CM so I couldn't test.

Should we dtd tonight?! Or FR today and dtd tomorrow?!

And there is a new moon on Virgo tonight

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well - if you're in a big hurry to get pregnant, then have an attempt now and then again in 4 days' time.

if you prefer a better sway I'd wait till tomorrow and hope for true positive (sorry I'm not quite following if you got a positvie or not?)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you post pics with the days/times they correspond to? It is/can normal to get a positive one time of day and a negative at another. Also urine concentration plays a role so keep an eye on how dark your urine is.

Was your darkest OPK yesterday darker or lighter than your darkest one today?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your replies. Well I am not too sure I got a positive either, my opks are ebay cheapies you see!

My "false" positive yesterday was darker than my true positive today. And the urine was darker today.

Would it be better to FR today and dtd tomorrow? I am gonna opk again now and I can,post pics of the one earlier and this one. Sorry if this seems a stupid question, I am new to opks

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    image.jpg

The one on the left is earlier today, looks positive right? It was about 6pm and darker urine. The other one was 9pm lighter urine and looks negative?! Confused!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    Not sure if you guys saw my last post with the pic? Bumping just in case.
    I tested twice more yesterday and both were negative.

Do you think that pic above was a false pos as the three tests after were negs or did I miss O?
    Thanks

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump....please....! Could I have missed ov going by those pics?
    Confused and disappointed here...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I can't guarantee quick responses except in the Custom forums!!

I know it sucks, but honestly you can't tell that much by the darkness of tests or when they go dark and how long they stay dark for. You'll ovulate 8-48 hours after that first positive regardless of whether you get a darker one later on. All the darkness of the tests indicate is how much LH is in your urine. It's a lame technology really but it's all we got.

SO what the important thing is, is that you are in with an attempt every month that passes, and you want it to be before ovulation occurs, not after. If you get something that is nearly positive, it's fine to have an attempt then. Both 2 and 1 day before ovulation are good odds of conception. What I don't want to see you guys doing is hemming and hawing about whether your OPK is actually positive or not, in the meantime you ovulate and are out for the month. :/

Having your attempt precisely at pos OPK - it really doesn't matter - the reason I say one attempt at pos OPK is to make it EASIER on you, not because I want you to slavishly stick to that. It's fine to have an attempt a little before or even the day after a pos OPK if that's how it is easiest.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello atomic, sorry to be so insistent, i was kind of desperate :/
    Well ever since monday when I posted that pic my opks have been getting lighter and lighter i honestly thought it was a false pos opk cause when i tested two hours later to confirm it looked neg
    Ah well leason learnt!
    I think we are gonna dtd tonight in case there is anything left lol...!

I am just so annoyed with myself after all the FR which to be honest was quite stressful lol!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No,not at all, I was just explaining.

I know we talked about this a little bit but I have no qualms about you guys losing the frequency stuff. God's honest truth - I made them up 3 years ago, based on some sperm studies, but they aren't working. I really don't want you guys to feel this need to stick slavishly to something I basically pulled out of my tush, that was nothing more than an educated guess and now is best viewed as an experiment that has not really worked out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast