Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: One attempt

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyKids View Post
    Atomic, thanks for your reply! Yes, I understand that one attempt is not a magic bullet and I really didn't do much else for swaying pink (no diet, etc.). If we decide to TTC pink I will still stick to one attempt but what I meant is to try for DH to release (outside) every day before that one attempt instead of abstaining for 5-7 days as he did with DS#2 and #3. Taking into consideration how easy I got pregnant at 37 and 38, I guess he has pretty high sperm count (even though he is 43), so I was thinking that releasing for a few days in a row before DTD may sway pink for us? What do you think?
    Yes, that's the "daily release" I was referring to. Our results have shown daily release to be ineffective and it really lowers odds of conception significantly so for anyone late 30's and up I do think you're probably better off doing regular release for DH to actually up sperm numbers (release on his own or with you with a condom every 2-4 days) then keep the one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4rkl3s View Post
    I am very obsessive, and TTC & swaying is something else I obsess over, as much I wish wouldn't! I have some OCD and things matter to me for more that they should.. eg. I'd rather have a May baby than June, which is why this month TTC was so important.
    I had read about the Maternal Dominance, and I'm really hoping that the other parts of my sway will overcome by obsessive mind and my stress of not being able to control the situation.
    My point in posting that was to say, hey look, obsessing over and writing up the timeline for when you may have ovulated is prob. not the best for the old Martha tendencies. If it's done, wave bye-bye and let it go.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, that's the "daily release" I was referring to. Our results have shown daily release to be ineffective and it really lowers odds of conception significantly so for anyone late 30's and up I do think you're probably better off doing regular release for DH to actually up sperm numbers (release on his own or with you with a condom every 2-4 days) then keep the one attempt.
    Thank you, Atomic, I will keep this in mind! It is still about 2 years till (and if) we TTC, so I will be slowly getting all the info and making my notes, and then I will for sure get the customized plan since I feel it will make things so much easier
    DS1 - April 2010
    DS2 - March 2013
    Hoped for a but blessed with another
    EDD 12 December 2014!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also thought that frequent release was the thing to do, one if the reasons I posted my time line, to find out if we had done too much or if there were likely to be any swimmers got through.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ... mainly because I was obsessing, but also so I can plan for next time if we are out this month.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pregnant first month swaying with one attempt the day before my + opk and 2-3 days before ovulation. Both our boys we attempted as much as we could stand it. I have no doubt about it being a good sway tactic because every "surprise" pregnancy I know (1" attempt") has been a girl. After doing multiple months of fertility treatments for ds1, I had serious doubt's about actually getting pregnant from 1x but it happened easily enough for me.)
    (2009)
    (2011- IUI and femara) (2012), (8/2015) (sway opposite) 2019
    HT 2018- Feb - 12 retrieved- 0 embies made it to PGS testing
    April- 10 retrieved- 1 5AB embryo made it to testing- normal XX!!!! July FET- BFP!!! DD born 2019

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also thought that frequent release was the thing to do, one if the reasons I posted my time line, to find out if we had done too much or if there were likely to be any swimmers got through.
    Here is what you have to ask yourself. Is it worth it to you, to possibly, even PROBABLY, throw a month of TTC away (due to drastically lower odds of conception) on something that probably does not sway? AND also possibly burn up your husband's good will on a tactic that is very invasive for him, and again, probably does not sway? Every month that passes with BFN, you lose more weight, longer on diet, etc. and it is all too common to end up stopping ovulation and having to sway BLUE just in order to conceive at all.

If you're 25 years old and have a really supportive husband, then if you want to goof around with a frequency pattern, no harm done. Even at 35. But for people in late 30's-early 40's it is a big step in the wrong direction to throw away any months on something that is not getting good results. Do what it takes to get pregnant with one attempt and ASAP because one attempt is getting better results by far than frequency, and you never know when it is the last fresh egg in the carton.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...but of course you have to realize that the only answer to that question is if AF arrives or you get BFP. My crystal ball, sadly, is in the shop awaiting parts from Outer Mongolia and I don't know any better than anyone as to whether you did too much or not.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It is totally not worth the risk. It is totally possible to get pregnant with one attempt provided you aren't doing a kajillion other things to sway.

Odds of pink drop by 10% with 2 attempts, and by 25% with 3 attempts. Stick with one as long as you can.
    Atomic, do these percentages hold true even with light swaying or no swaying? Just curious

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a "laid back away" sway, 38 yo, mum of 3 boys, and got pg with 1 attempt mth 3 or 4 (blighted ovum) and with my sticky pink bean after my mc bleed xx

Atomic - i will post my sway!! Keep forgetting
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast