Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

unsucsesful attempt/doing opposite from boy conception?

Sorta 2 questions in 1 really, those who have been unsucsesful an then got dh next time what dis you change to have success (I realise this prob isn't the best section for answers on this though now I've written it!) the other question, I'm sure I've read on here in the past but bit come across it this time yet, that we should do the opposite to what got us boys? is that right?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doing the opposite of what you did when you got boys doesn't necessarily work and is not a tactic I would suggest in general, as often you get boys DESPITE some pink sways tactics. So it really depends on what exactly you were doing, and regardless, the strong pink sway tactics we recommend here will still be the best way to sway, in most cases.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Doing the opposite" DOES NOT WORK. That's an IG thing, really. There are things that sway and things that don't and the tendency is for people to look for this one dumb magic bullet that they can switch that will then make them conceive a different gender. But it's just so much more complicated than that and all of us are doing dozens, if not hundreds of things that might affect a sway. It never comes down to one little thing or even 10 things that we just "do the opposite" and get a different result.

So, it is totally possible to come into TTC 80% likely to get a boy (and our results with boy sways are bearing this out) and then do things that sway even like 20% (which would be a hugely successful sway tactic) and you'd still be 60% likely to have a boy. It would be silly to think, "well, since I got a boy doing this I better do the opposite" and end up doing something that will only make you MORE likely to conceive a boy than you were before!

Sometimes you get boys despite of X, Y, and Z and not because of them. the only way to know the difference is by looking at what is getting the most success for the most people the most consistently over time, and emulate that, even if you did it the last time. Swaying is one of the few times in life where doing the same thing may yield different results.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah ok thanks for the explanation! :-)