Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adorablebabyboymom View Post
    and I can't find many foods that don't have saturated fat. =/
    It's ok to have some saturated fat (and in fact you'll need it in order to keep ovulating), it's just that you want MORE of the vegetable-based, non-saturated fats.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, ok, so what foods do you like that are more poly and mono, may I ask? =D Thanks! I did notice cookie/crackers with palm oil had low sat fat-just a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    You need SOME sat fat. Just reduce how much you consume, and when possible, it's better to get it from plant sources (coconut, palm) than red meat/fullfat dairy. Better yet, dnt just reduce sat fat, eat more polyunsaturated fats. While I believe monounsaturated fats sway boy too, they sway less than sat fat IMO. So an ideal sway will have low fat overall (max 30% of your cals), with most fat consumed being poly, less being mono, and the least being sat.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most processed foods are all made with the girl-friendly "unhealthy" fats, since they are cheaper. If you're eating processed food then you shouldn't have to worry about it and just look at your overall calories, protein, fat numbers and make sure they're in line with the LE amounts.

If you're cooking at home, then just switch to using vegetable oil, canola oil, and margarine instead of butter, coconut oil, and olive oil. Switch from healthy fatty fish like salmon, to white fish. And don't eat a ton of avocados or nuts, which have lots of healthy fats as well.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did I not post the skinny on fats essay here?? That really has a pretty thorough explanation of the foods. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Ok, then I will just not think about the saturated fat numbers, and just look at fat totals only, and obviously stay away from the ''known'' healthy blue sway fats. =D

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Most processed foods are all made with the girl-friendly "unhealthy" fats, since they are cheaper. If you're eating processed food then you shouldn't have to worry about it and just look at your overall calories, protein, fat numbers and make sure they're in line with the LE amounts.

If you're cooking at home, then just switch to using vegetable oil, canola oil, and margarine instead of butter, coconut oil, and olive oil. Switch from healthy fatty fish like salmon, to white fish. And don't eat a ton of avocados or nuts, which have lots of healthy fats as well.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Did I not post the skinny on fats essay here?? That really has a pretty thorough explanation of the foods. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html
    You did! I guess it just wasn't quite answering my questions.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok, sorry.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what more I can add to this. Could you elaborate what more you were looking for so I could make the essay better?

FATS that probably sway pink:

Soy foods and soy oil (soy milk for your husband is a good idea)

Vegetable oil (this is usually mostly soy oil)

Corn oil

Safflower and cottonseed oil (dude these things are not even food!! Great for pink )

Canola oil (while this has a reputation for being healthy, it’s highly processed and may contain toxins that are harmful to fertility)

Margarine (watch out for those fortified with Omega 3 fats!!)

Shortening (aka Crisco or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil)

Palm oil (JUST palm oil or fractionated palm oil, when listed on cheap baked goods, is almost always cheap palm KERNEL oil and not actually the oil from the palm fruit, which sways blue and should be avoided. I would not buy or use palm kernel oil for your sway, the production of cheap palm oil is driving orangutans into extinction and there are tons of cheaper options. This is just if you happen to see it on a label of something you are eating.)

Sunflower seeds or oil, tahini and sesame seeds and oil (in small amounts are fine!)

Nuts in small amounts are also fine

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great list from atomic, and keep in mind, if your only options are butter vs olive oil, go for the OO. If it's coconut oil vs butter, go for the CO. Sometimes you won't have a super pink friendly option available if you're eating out or at a friend's house, so in those cases, going for the less blue friendly choice is still going to sway. Don't worry about being perfect, just try to make pink/less-blue choices whenever you have the opportunity. It may seem overwhelming at first but it will become habit if you stick with it.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    but just wanted to mention I did eat butter when TTC my daughter - just as a lower % of my diet than normal. (I can't stand margarine!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast