Thread: Snacking

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Snacking

I know snacking is discouraged on the LE diet but what about veggies like cucumber and green pepper or sugar free candies?? Just looking for ways to curb those afternoon munchies!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sugar free stuff is fine. Low carb veg are free and unlimited but best to keep them at mealtime if you can. If you're dying for something, they're certainly better than a lot of things would be.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so used to grazing all day and eating small, mostly protein-based meals (no wonder I have boys!), so this is a big change! There are some days I neeeeed a little snack to get me through. Probably habit more than anything! :-)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Scarlett try diet coke to see you through to meals otherwise once a week or so have a cheat and have a little snack another thought is eat lunch at say 11am snack at 4pm then eat a late dinner at 9pm or eat at 11am dinner at 5pm then bedtime snack at 10pm I would eat smaller meals if I was to do this and keep within your limits but plenty of ladies do this to get through! XX
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gradually cutting back on snacks may work better for you then stopping snacking altogether suddenly. Your body gets used to eating at certain times, but you CAN retrain yourself and get by without snacking.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was a snacker too but quickly and thanks to diet coke I now don't snack at all except maybe at weekend where I find it difficult due to meeting my mother for coffee and cake and don't want her to know anything about sway plan etc! Cheats are allowed though so try not to worry too much! Def use the diet coke as a snack! It works!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually chew cinnamon sugar-free gum between meals.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, weekends are definitely the hardest for me! When I am at work, I'm usually too busy to snack which is great. I will give sugar free gum and diet coke a go. it is definitely less about hunger and more about habit/boredom/etc.. so hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks!