Thread: Quick OPK Help

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick OPK Help

Just took this OPK and if it is like previous months it will get darker tomorrow. However, we are doing the release every 2-4 days and today is the fourth day. Would you DTD tonight on the verge of ovulating or wait until the morning for a darker OPK? And if we wait, do we release tonight knowing we will probably BD in the morning?image.jpg

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this exact same problem this month. I went ahead and DTD on schedule (even though I figured my sticks would get darker tomorrow) because one month I had assumed I would ovulate 2 days after the lighter stick (one day after the darker stick) and that month I ovulated early and I missed ovulation! I ovulated the day of the first light stick (even though I never do that!).

In general I think most people will tell you to wait until tomorrow (and in most cases that's probably best), but just wanted to share my experience in case it helps!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you had any unprotected sex this cycle? If not, I would attempt today, not tomorrow. Then attempt again in 4 days.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tonight or tomorrow morning...flip a coin! NOT BOTH!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is NOTHING magic about waiting till a positive OPK. If your OPK is very nearly there and it's bedtime and you want to BD, GO AHEAD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ