Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight concerns

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weight concerns

I have been following the LE diet in a loose way - I have cut out snacking. skipping/delaying breakfast until at least 11 (making it a 15 hour fast). Breakfast (if I have it) is usually white bread with raspberry jam on. Lunch is between 12-1pm (depending on if I have skipped breakfast totally or delayed) and I have plain white pasta with parmesan cheese on or a tin of veggie soup with white roll followed by a small slice of cake or couple of biscuits. I then eat a normal portion dinner between 6-8pm (I am still eating meat) accompanied by a couple of glasses of white wine and followed by a yogurt or fruit crumble. Since doing this I have lost around 16lbs taking my weight from about 126-128lbs to 110-112lbs (dropping my BMI to 18.5). I should mention that I have a petit, small frame so have always been naturally quite slim. My worry is that my weight is now, possibly, a little on the low side and it is preventing/hindering me from conceiving. Is there a way for me to increase my weight slightly without jeopardising my sway?

Any tips/advice greatly appreciated : )

Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Add in a full sugar drink, like a 16oz can of cola, to lunch and dinner. Btw, I strongly recommend you stop eating red meat completely.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice. I cant really stop eating red meat completely as my husband doesn't know I am swaying! Don't think he would take too kindly to cutting out red meat : ( I am trying to reduce the frequency in which we eat it as part of our evening meal though and over the next week (in the run up to OV) I am trying to cut it out completely by choosing chicken/veg/pasta based meals (just hoping he doesn't realise!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your cycles are regular I would just try to hold steady where you're at. Do whatever it takes to stop that weight loss, but you don't need to regain weight as long as you are having regular AF.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by popple View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I cant really stop eating red meat completely as my husband doesn't know I am swaying! Don't think he would take too kindly to cutting out red meat : ( I am trying to reduce the frequency in which we eat it as part of our evening meal though and over the next week (in the run up to OV) I am trying to cut it out completely by choosing chicken/veg/pasta based meals (just hoping he doesn't realise!)
    I had to do that a few times too. My husband is used to me going onto weird diets but he really didn't know I was actively swaying (if he had, he would have pulled the plug on the whole idea as we weren't really TTC, just NTNP and he would have been happy if I did not get pg), so what I would do is just make normal meals and then I'd eat everything but the meat. A couple times I had little choice but to eat some (as in, we were at McDonalds or my inlaws house)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If your cycles are regular I would just try to hold steady where you're at. Do whatever it takes to stop that weight loss, but you don't need to regain weight as long as you are having regular AF.
    Cycles are regular-ish - prior to altering diet (and subsequent weight loss) they were pretty much bang on 28 days. The last couple of cycles are closer to 31 days (although I am wondering whether this may be due to taking SP? I have decided to quit SP this month to see whether my cycle returns to 28 days). My weight seems to have held steady for the last 6 weeks or so, fingers crossed I can keep it that way! Thanks for the advice atomic : )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with atomic; just try to maintain your weight at this point.

As for DH not knowing about swaying...can you make up some other reason? Like maybe, you are avoiding it to see if it improves your AF (helps with cramps or makes it shorter/lighter), as you read the hormones in it can cause problems for some women? I don't actually believe this theory but it is an actual theory some people believe! That way you can either still make red meat for DH but have an excuse to stop eating it yourself, or you can even stop making it altogether so you won't even have the temptation.

It would be even better if for some reason you could make all your meals vegetarian (or as much as possible) and there are MANY different reasons people are vegetarian so that may be easier to sell to your husband as well as swaying more strongly for both of you. Just say it's something you want to try for a month or two, to see if it gives you more energy/improves your skin/helps AF/gets rid of insomnia or whatever reason you choose (saving money/environmental concerns are some other popular reasons to go veggie).

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had a similar weight loss to you but I've managed to keep steady for the last six weeks or so, with a BMI or 18.4 ish now. I keep track on MFP and if I realise I've had less than 1600 calories, I eat some sweets or have a fizzy drink. Also, I understand that it's not your BMI as such that matters too much here, it's your percentage of body fat. Someone on here pointed out a link (which I will try to find) that discussed the minimum % body fat in order to ovulate. I think that's what you need to be wary of going under. Good Luck!
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The minimum BMI to ovulate is just a very rough guideline. Some people lose a lot of weight and keep ovulating even at lower BMI while others lose only a few pounds and mess up cycles even tho BMI is higher than really "should" interfere with things.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely still have body fat (I am by now means what you would call lean! ha). Have also been adding sweets on occasions after my lunch to up my calories and maintain weight. Thanks for the advice ladies : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast