Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does this sound OK??

I'm using clearblue dual hormone OPKs in the mornings, and got first flashing smiley today meaning oestrogen has risen and LH surge will be in a about 2 days. I will now test with non digital OPKs in the afternoons until I get a positive for LH.
    We will DTD tonight, and again at positive OPK.
    Not strictly one attempt, but it's likely that by the time I ovulate it will be too late for tonight's BD to count, or if I ovulate early after positive OPK or if we can't DTD straight away then BD after that will be too late.
    I'm 38. DH is 44. I really want the sway of one attempt but scared of messing up the timing and having no chance of BFP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 attempts is still getting way better than 50-50 for pink. If that's what your heart says to do, that is totally your call to make.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Change of plan... We DTD last night, then got a positive OPK this morning so I'm happy with that as my one attempt! fingers crossed now!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Best of luck!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a last minute panic that I would get another BFN, do we DTD again this morning! I think I'm regretting it already as I really wanted to do one attempt!
    I got negative OPK Monday afternoon, DTD Monday evening, positive OPK Tuesday morning, DTD Wednesday morning.
    Is this too much BD or bad frequency for pink?
    I'm happy with my diet and weight loss, but now worried that I've messed up my sway! What are my chances?
    (I promise I'll stop stressing then!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't BD anymore! Best case scenario you don't O for 3 more days, which is possible.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anymore I can read about frequency, importance, and how it sways please? Or statistics of gender, or time to conceive, with numbers of attempts.
    I'm really struggling with it because I want to maximise my chances conception. I can't seem to make a decision I'm happy with, worrying that I'm not doing enough to sway or I'm not doing enough to conceive. I really want to feel comfortable and relaxed about my choices.
    Could it be that one attempt sways because it then takes longer to conceive with gives more time on the diet?
    I hope I haven't ruined my sway this month.
    Last edited by Sp4rkl3s; September 24th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found the essay on How many attempts and when, and I feel a little more relaxed having read it.
    It begins by saying that frequency doesn't sway very much and to get pregnant sooner more attempts may be needed.
    I would really like to conceive quickly if possible , and I think I would be more comfortable with 2 attempts each month if it's not going to ruin my sway.
    So, this month I ended up with attempts on O - 2 and O day, I think. Does that sound OK, or would it be better sooner, or should I avoid O day?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4rkl3s View Post
    Is there anymore I can read about frequency, importance, and how it sways please? Or statistics of gender, or time to conceive, with numbers of attempts.
    I'm really struggling with it because I want to maximise my chances conception. I can't seem to make a decision I'm happy with, worrying that I'm not doing enough to sway or I'm not doing enough to conceive. I really want to feel comfortable and relaxed about my choices.
    Could it be that one attempt sways because it then takes longer to conceive with gives more time on the diet?
    I hope I haven't ruined my sway this month.
    In my signature below is a link to the Complete Index which has all the essays in alphabetical order so whenver you wonder about a particular topic, just go there and read away. Quite a bit about frequency in there. I would also recommend looking at our sway stats. THey clearly show that frequency simply isn't swaying much compared to one attempt.

NO one attempt does not sway because of length of time on diet. In the stats you can see it takes the exact same amount of time to conception between successful and unsuccessful sways (slightly less than 3 cycles on average) and yet one attempt is getting pink 70% of the time.

You are operating under the misconception that one attempt makes it really hard to get pregnant, but it DOESN'T. please understand that men ejaculate between 10-200 million sperm per batch. One batch, if it is in at a good time (not too early or too late) is more than enough to impregnate a city full of women!!!

O day doesn't sway.

I honestly can't tell you, "yes this is ok" or "no this isn't." I can just tell you what our numbers show, which is that one attempt is getting good resutls, these results have been consistent since the beginning of the site, and that it is possible to get pg iwth one attempt provided you aren't doing a bunch of other, less effectie things to sway.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou for taking the time to explain..

Yes, I absolutely was thinking that one attempt would reduce my chances of conceiving.

I really want my BFP before Christmas, and I have already dropped anything else that might make it harder to conceive, and DH likes to BD often and thinks it's silly to use protection when we are TTC. He's not a big believer in swaying.

I think you said that 2 attempts reduced odds of pink by 10% and 3 attempts reduced by another 15% This would take it from 75 to 65 to 45% is that correct? So I would still more likely get pink with 2 attempts?

Does this make the number of attempts more important than the diet?
    It would seem that a pink swayer would more likely get blue with more attempts despite the diet, or a blue swayer with a girl friendly diet could still more likely get a boy using number of attempts.

Thanks again for helping me to be clear on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast