Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ttc a girl pcos diet

Hi, Hope every one is well.

I've had more test done at doctors as I have not stopped bleeding(had few days off but no more that a week at a time at most) after my having a m/c over a year ago. All my tests before came back normal but now my blood tests are showing signs of pcos.Will be having yet another ultra sound soon as well.

In the mean time I have been told to lose weight and to cut out sugar and eat 3 meals aday. (I'm made of sugar and I'm a bit of a meal skipper,mainly lunch.I just find it hard eating at lunch and tend to just have cherry coke).

The doctor said that if I did these things it may help me out or even get me back to normal.

Any way I'm going to weight watchers and starting today going to eat the pcos l.e diet version but I'm still a bit scared etc as we only want the one child and really do want a girl.

Has any one on here conceived a girl with pcos/and/or done the pcos ttc girl diet?.I have every trust in atomic and she has helped me out a lot through this so its nothing to do with the plan like that,its the food.I hate most of it on the list lol apart from the turkey, veg and fruit lol.I just like to know what other people eat/ate on a pcos diet.

Today so far I've had for breakfast....muller light yogart and banana,no added sugar summer fruit squash drink.....lunch I have a wafer thin chicken sandwich with a tiny bit of salad cream light,cucumber and whole meal bread and squash drink again .... and dinner prob have sweet jacket potatoe with bit of melted butter and light salad cream,salad and wafer thin chicken and sqush drink again.
    Also be doing my usal 1 hr exercise (walking).
    Thanks.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have gotten great results for people with PCOS (all of whom were on the alt diet) and got 8 of 9 girls!!

Did you see I also made a bit different diet which is also PCOS-friendly?? It's in this thread about 5 posts from the top.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, Many thanks for your reply.
    I have just been reading the link,thank you.I actually read it this morning quickly when I typed in info for pcos.
    So confused with everything at the moment and what to do.
    I have to include meat in my diet as well because of my iron level and take iron tablets. Im a really fussy eater and not keen on meat either.
    I'm just going to wait for the next scan and also I have now got to do a fasting blood test this week as well. As soon as I know for sure whats going on I will prob buy another plan but a pcos version /what you recommend.
    Mean time I'm just eating 3 meals a day,meat,fruit,veg etc and yogart.Sticking to low cal within weight watcher points,no snacking which I don't do anyway and exercising again.
    Day one nearly done.It was not as hard as I thought but I miss my cherry coke lol.
    Thanks for all the great info as always.x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm on it. Here are some of my go-to foods.
    Light rye wasa crackers with light laughing cow cheese, cucumber slices and salt & pepper
    Blend 1 cup cottage cheese with frozen berries & equal
    Iceburg lettuce salad with a combo or ranch dressing & fat free Italian mixed together so I get the amount of dressing I like but don't go over my fat limits (tastes like a creamy Italian dressing)
    Steam a pkg of frozen cauliflower then use a stick blender to blend in margarine & salt for some fake mashed potatoes that won't cause a spike in blood sugar. I serve green beans in margarine along with this.
    Dates are my go to sweet since they don't seem to make me gain weigh and help me get my calories up without adding more fat & protein
    Smoothies made with unsweetened soy milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 2 TB peanut butter, ice, salt and 1 tsp glucomannan NOW Foods Glucomannan 8 oz Pwdr - Swanson Health Products and splenda
    Cheese sticks (helps me not go over on my serving limits

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you don't need another plan, just renew your first one and we'll work in the Custom Forum to get everything ironed out.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ,Hope you are well. Many thanks for the reply.I can't stand cheese or mash potato haha. So fussy.I think it goes back to being forced feed things like that at school.Love dates though!x

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,Hope all is ok today.Many thanks.Will sort it out A.S.A.P. Thank you.x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I totally understand. Not a fan of grilled cheese sandwich or turkey-gravy for that same reason!!

I do want you to be sure you're getting some fat. You are eating quite low fat and that may not be best for you. I would eat between 40-60 g fat per day and this will make it easier to get enough cals iwthout having to go overboard on carbs.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,Many thanks for reply.Will def up the fat.
    I had blood test again and this time they have come back normal.Really don't get whats going on and its nearly been a yr and half since m/c now.
    I started testing for ovulation again as bleeding stopped for 4 days.I got a positive this morning then later on in the afternoon had period pains and the bleeding had started again.Did another ovulation test and now its negative (same day).
    Will still carry on with the very low sugar diet/losing weight/exercise though.x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree this has just gone on so long and surely must be driving you mad!!! The only thing i have ever heard of that can cause something like this, is fibroids.

ARe you guys having attempts?? This sounds a bit crazy but I wonder if conception might be a cure here. If you were in with attempts every 4 days, you'd have a chance of pregnancy when you released an egg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast