Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question To exercise or not to exercise....

Hello there!

I have read the essay on exercise, but I still wanted to post this.

Wanting thoughts and/or suggestions.... I am not looking to ttc until March-April-May, and I am making my sway plan right now. I have currently gone veggie, watch fat, cal, and pro (on LE diet foods, but eating more calories than I will be since I am nursing still, don't have cycle back yet, and I do not have a lot (maybe just three pounds) I could afford to lose). That being said, I exercise for 60 min a day (always have) and I used to do muscle building exercises several times a week, but I have tapered that down to lean more to the stretching side.... I have always had a very lean, muscular build. I actually avoid weights over 5 pounds because I build muscle fast, and I don't like that bulky look. =P I currently get in my big 60 min of exercise every day by pushing my double jogger with two kids weighing 23 and 29 pounds. We live where it is very hilly, so I do not jog, yet my heart is pounding. lol It is a good workout cardio-wise! But, I was worried that since they are hilly roads, that may tend to build more muscle mass than I would want (come sway time).

So, here are three options I have considered

1) Keep it up anyway since we see people are getting such good results with it (and I will be getting low everything diet-wise, so muscle building may not happen like usual).

2) Cut it out completely, and then eat about 200-250 less calories per day

3) Switch my 60 min to the treadmill, which can be at 0 incline.... I would have to push myself, though, to make sure I still got my heart rate up, but I probably could do that. It is a bit of a pain to do that, though, since it works like a babysitter when I take my kids with me. I have gym 5 min from my door, or I could buy a treadmill for home use (been wanting one anyway).

I enjoy the exercise, I like getting my kids out for a walk (as it is very scenic for them)

BUT, it is something I always make sure I get in every day, so I wondered if that ''control/obsessive'' part of it would be bad for a pink sway
    AND, I like the way my body feels walking regularly, but that could be bad (for swaying purposes) testosterone giving (sense of accomplishment) and I may be more prone to cheat on diet (wondering...) since naturally you have a bigger appetite when you exercise with cardio like that.

Look forward to your opinions, and hope I can get Atomic's as well.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just popping in to say I can't wait to see what atomic thinks on this! Either way, I think with exercise most of us are only starting (or stopping possibly in your case!) 6 weeks before TTC. I would definitely keep up the daily stroller walks since you like them so much until at least January as long as you are eating enough calories and aren't dropping any weight. I'd also possibly start getting used to eating empty sugar calories now since it sounds like you could easily get too skinny too quickly.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, you are TOTALLY overthinking your sway. I think you need to go back to the Maternal Dominance Hypothesis and read it and read it again.

Please realize that obsessing over whether something is obsessive is equally obsessive, if not more so.

My vote is for number 1) YES please keep up exercise. It is one of the strongest sway tactics there is and just that you are considering stopping something you enjoy and that your children enjoy for swaying is concerning to me. Swaying has to fit into your life, not the other wya around.

If you are geting to the point where you are worrying about satisfaction after exercise possibly affecting a sway, you are thinking about swaying too much. Avoid things like entering the roller derby and making color coded charts of your menstrual cycle, but LIVE YOUR LIFE in the way you're accustomed to. You cannot and should not try to eliminate all pleasurable things that give you any type of sense of accomplishment because then you're going through your day thinking "OMG I just felt like I accomplished something - did I ruin your sway" and I hope you can see that that is 10 zillion times more controlling/obsessive than just feeling good after you went for a walk.

It is 100% fine and allowed to eat more when you are exercising, esp for you because (if I remember right) you are tall and thin already. IT's fine to eat more. The rules are different for someone who is 5 ft and weighs 95 lbs and someone who is 5-9 and weighs 150.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, thanks! Truly, even if it doesn't sound that way via my post here, I do not feel I am obsessing like I was. I am feeling very laid back actually! I almost even think my T-levels must be dropping because I don't feel obsessive about it (like I did) anymore. My last thing to go was learning how to read OPKs and stuff because I just have no desire to go through the stress of temping etc (I have done it before and it sucks) So, I did buy the OPK guide on here to read over way beforehand. I knew when I typed this thread it prob would look obsessive, though. =P Anyway, thanks then! I will continue to do my normal exercise. =)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm an exercise junkie too 1adboriblebabyboymom. I ran all last year 6-8 miles a day pushing my two boys in a duallie, in the mountain no less. It ended up hurting my hip joints so bad I had to quit that(a year later I still can't run without pain.). This last year I was an insanity/asylum addict. I have laid off that this last month and an just doing my 60 min a day on the elliptical. I am definitely seeing some muscle loss and hate that, but will stick with the elliptical until I get my Bfp! I do find myself obsessing if I am getting a good enough work out in.

Good luck to you
    Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok! I just like to give the "atomic tough love" now and then and at times it's unwarranted, sorry!

Thanks for buying the OPK book!! (this is my job so it's how I make a living and really appreciate it.) Let me know if any questions!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any exercise leaves you with a feeling of accomplishment, IME. So I agree, stick with your walks. I also abhor treadmills so I would never recommend them. I wouldn't worry aboit building muscle on the LE diet, either.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tarasue View Post
    I'm an exercise junkie too 1adboriblebabyboymom. I ran all last year 6-8 miles a day pushing my two boys in a duallie, in the mountain no less. It ended up hurting my hip joints so bad I had to quit that(a year later I still can't run without pain.). This last year I was an insanity/asylum addict. I have laid off that this last month and an just doing my 60 min a day on the elliptical. I am definitely seeing some muscle loss and hate that, but will stick with the elliptical until I get my Bfp! I do find myself obsessing if I am getting a good enough work out in.

Good luck to you
    As long as you are doing the 60 minutes, you do NOT need to worry about getting in a good enough workout. the 60 min. is the important thing, not the intensity.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yay! I will keep my ''aerobic'' walk then. =) I could always walk a little longer than 60 min too! When I first found this site and read the going couch potato thing for swaying pink I hated that. =p It was one of my lingering questions that I feel cool with now. =D thanks!