Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rosie Update

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of curiosity, have they run any tests in the regards to immune disorders? It's not impossible to have healthy children and still have an immune disorder that pops up after the fact. I had one healthy pregnancy and four losses following it (basically in a row) and found out I have a blood clotting disorder along the lupus spectrum (it's not lupus, just related) and need to take blood thinners to maintain a pregnancy. I know with clotting issues and immune issues, the pregnancy failure doesn't always happen at a prescribed time, meaning there are women who have stillbirth full-term babies who pass from clotting disorders and women who have 5 week losses from the same clotting disorder. I know a woman who had three healthy babies before having a still born son and a second tri miscarriage and was found to have an immune disorder. I'd be interested to know if they have tested you for that. I had a "chromosomally healthy" loss at 10 weeks, a loss at 6 weeks, and two early losses before they ran testing for me and once I started blood thinners and progesterone, I had two healthy pregnancies, a chemical, and so far another healthy pregnancy. The key for me was those shots. So, if they haven't run those tests, I'd ask for them. I was told it was "unlikely" that was my problem but that they were going to test for it anyway...and look where it ended up! It's pretty simple blood tests. You get one on CD3 and then if that showed elevated levels, you repeat the test 2 months later and if that shows the same, you have the disorder. You have to do it twice because if your body is battling a virus, it can give positive results without having the disorder. But since its uncommon to have an underlying virus twice and not know about it, if the second test comes back positive, you are diagnosed. Just throwing that out there (Not that you need more thrown at you!)
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd ask for a full thyroid panel as well, not just TSH. The full panel is TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, and Thyroid Antibodies. Being hypothyroid increases your chance of miscarriage in the first trimester up to almost 70%.

I'm going to ask to get tested next week after I talk to my doctor on Monday. My mom is hypothyroid and so was my great-grandma. Also, my TSH was high at 2.6 two years ago but was never brought up by my doctor (just checked my paperwork today). Last year my number was 1.3 which seems more normal. I'm wondering if the LE diet can worsen/activate hypothyroidism? I know eating paleo is supposed to help and that's how I was eating before swaying. All I know is that since starting LE diet I've gotten progressively more tired (can sleep 12 hours and still wake up exhausted), had some joint pain, am always freezing, and now in the past few days my basal body temp has been soooo low (96.7 and 96.8), which are all signs of hypothyroidism. And then there's my miscarriage at almost 7 weeks that is also common with hypothyroidism.

It's just a blood test and can't hurt getting more info.

Lots of good info here (make sure you read all 5 parts)
    Have You Suffered a Miscarriage? Your Thyroid Could Be to Blame
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    So do you think I should not take the progesterone then?? I started on a bunch of vitamins and such and I have been eating a full fat diet again....so pretty much swaying boy. I just don't know what to think now....are all of these issues caused by my swaying too hard? The fetal tissue came back as normal from my 12 week.
    I think it is up to you but I just don't want you counting on it to do anything, because the studies show it doesn't. My concern is NOT that you're taking the progesterone, it's that you aren't getting proactive care from your doctors who are telling a 29 year old she's premenopausal, if that makes any sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hate myself for doing this to my body. I knew i was going too hard. I really hope i can turn it all around.

So the doc put me on vit d and c and progesterone. They said my iron is fine...in fact it is high unbelievably. What else should i take?? I also do my folic acid of course.

I am hoping one attempt will sway for me...haha.
    Hold the phone, are they investigating why your iron is high???

I am a little hesitant to have you start taking additional iron (such as in the form of prenatal) if your body is saving up iron for some reason. There are diseases that can cause you to hang onto iron (super rare) and they need to be ruled out before you take any more supplements.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been doing 2000 for folic acid.

I just find it weird i went from getting pregnant on the first try 6 times and then last month...nothing. i feel like it is a sign something is very wrong.
    It's the exception, not the rule to get pregnant on the first try. I know it's hard to wrap your head around it if you've always got pg easily but it certainly isn't the norm.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    Out of curiosity, have they run any tests in the regards to immune disorders? It's not impossible to have healthy children and still have an immune disorder that pops up after the fact. I had one healthy pregnancy and four losses following it (basically in a row) and found out I have a blood clotting disorder along the lupus spectrum (it's not lupus, just related) and need to take blood thinners to maintain a pregnancy. I know with clotting issues and immune issues, the pregnancy failure doesn't always happen at a prescribed time, meaning there are women who have stillbirth full-term babies who pass from clotting disorders and women who have 5 week losses from the same clotting disorder. I know a woman who had three healthy babies before having a still born son and a second tri miscarriage and was found to have an immune disorder. I'd be interested to know if they have tested you for that. I had a "chromosomally healthy" loss at 10 weeks, a loss at 6 weeks, and two early losses before they ran testing for me and once I started blood thinners and progesterone, I had two healthy pregnancies, a chemical, and so far another healthy pregnancy. The key for me was those shots. So, if they haven't run those tests, I'd ask for them. I was told it was "unlikely" that was my problem but that they were going to test for it anyway...and look where it ended up! It's pretty simple blood tests. You get one on CD3 and then if that showed elevated levels, you repeat the test 2 months later and if that shows the same, you have the disorder. You have to do it twice because if your body is battling a virus, it can give positive results without having the disorder. But since its uncommon to have an underlying virus twice and not know about it, if the second test comes back positive, you are diagnosed. Just throwing that out there (Not that you need more thrown at you!)
    YES exactly this and hence my concern throwing prog supps and a diagnosis of "perimenopause". There are dozens of things that are treatable that this could be and I feel like this is a Band-Aid approach that will not help.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'd ask for a full thyroid panel as well, not just TSH. The full panel is TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, and Thyroid Antibodies. Being hypothyroid increases your chance of miscarriage in the first trimester up to almost 70%.

I'm going to ask to get tested next week after I talk to my doctor on Monday. My mom is hypothyroid and so was my great-grandma. Also, my TSH was high at 2.6 two years ago but was never brought up by my doctor (just checked my paperwork today). Last year my number was 1.3 which seems more normal. I'm wondering if the LE diet can worsen/activate hypothyroidism? I know eating paleo is supposed to help and that's how I was eating before swaying. All I know is that since starting LE diet I've gotten progressively more tired (can sleep 12 hours and still wake up exhausted), had some joint pain, am always freezing, and now in the past few days my basal body temp has been soooo low (96.7 and 96.8), which are all signs of hypothyroidism. And then there's my miscarriage at almost 7 weeks that is also common with hypothyroidism.

It's just a blood test and can't hurt getting more info.

Lots of good info here (make sure you read all 5 parts)
    Have You Suffered a Miscarriage? Your Thyroid Could Be to Blame
    and this is the #1 reason I see losses in 12-14 week range. Even with "normal" readings some people have gone on to have healthy pg after being treated.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    I have been told, by several doctors, that progesterone is not, in any way, dangerous to take or harmful even if your progesterone is completely normal during pregnancy. According to my doc this time, he said that it is "like a drop in the ocean" in regards to its dose. He said that IF progesterone is a problem, it may help a woman begin to manufacture her own (aka: send the signs that pregnancy has occurred and spur the corpus luteuim to produce more and more progesterone). But he said it won't hurt the fetus if progesterone is not needed and aside from a few side effects for mom (potentially delaying a period if pregnancy is not achieved, potential for greater weight gain or water retention in early pregnancy), it is harmless. Often I know that doctors use it "in case" it is a problem, simply because it's not harmful. So from what I know, taking it is perfectly fine. I have taken it before conception twice (with DD and with this pregnancy) and after conception once (with DS2). I wouldn't stress yourself over that. I'd try what the doc suggests, since none of it is harmful for baby. If things don't happen, you can get another opinion
    Yes and let me reiterate, my concern is not coming from her taking or using the prog supps if she wants to. My concern is that they are ignoring a potential problem for a "quick fix" solution that will not help.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Did you up your folic acid to 2000 a day? That's what Atomic recommends after a miscarriage. I usually do 2000-2400 a day (split up throughout the day).
    Also Rosie, we may want to switch over to folate. Some people have tolerated that better.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoa....just got my labs in the mail. They actually didnt run very many and the nurse who called to talk to me is on some crazy drugs or something. She got everything all wrong. Thank goodness.....

My labs were all done at cd 11

Lh was 6.6
    Prolactin is 15...a bit high
    Fsh...and this is where she told me mine was bad. Liar. It is a 4.6....that is a great number isnt it?!?! Ugh
    Progesterone .2. This one is on the very low range of normal which is why they gave me supps.
    Estradiol is 135. Not sure if that is good number or not.

My tsh was 1.7
    Hemoglobin a 15
    Vitamin d was 24
    hold the phone AGAIN - elevated prolactin needs to be investigated too. I agree not super far outside the norm, but then again your prog was not far outside of norm either.

I do not think that your prog. level on CD 11 is indicative of any problem whatsoever. Your prog. is supposed to be low at that point. Women just prior to ovulation can and do have prog. levels under 1. ANd the levels can go up and down over the course of the day. One isolated reading on the wrong day for testing it is really meaningless and I think the thyroid, the iron, and the prolactin levels need to be checked into.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast