Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosie Update

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rosie, I just want to reassure you that your prog levels NOW say nothing about what they were when you were pregnant. I SO understand the desire to seek out an easy to comprehend cause but the data indicates that a healthy pregnancy makes all the progesterone it needs to sustain itself (and certainly does so at 12 weeks). Of course use the progesterone if it gives you peace of mind to do so and wish you the very best of luck but I do just want you to continue to be proactive with your doctors in case there is more going on here. I am really really concerned that any doctor chalks up hormonal symptoms in a 29 year old to being menopausal, without a full workup. IF you are menopausal, progesterone is going to do NOTHING to help you get and stay pregnant because if the eggs are not good (which is by far the most likely cause of losses in "menopausal" women, using quotes because I do not think this is you) then you're going to be sustaining pregnancies that have no chance of working out and you might need some more aggressive treatments like DHEA to improve egg quality (DO NOT take DHEA without a doctor testing your levels).
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 22nd, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    The doc said this stage can take up to 10 years but my fertility is declining greatly. They ran other tests and said they were low range of normal. So they are all dropping. I don't know....seems silly to me but I just listen to what they say.
    This may be caused by swaying and we can fix it. I am really worried we are getting off on the wrong track here.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I say this with love- take ownership of this and be your OWN ADVOCATE! You NEED TO KNOW YOUR NUMBERS!! If your numbers are in a normal range, you need to know all of your options! Is IVF a fit? IUI? Why menopause?? Making assumptions is dangerous and stupid on your doctor's part. Get a second opinion but please be your own advocate. Educate yourself! I am not sure what else you have tried yet(clomid, injectibles, etc) but there are lots of options and low progesterone does NOT equal menopause!
    totally and I see it time after time after time even in women going to the most prestigious medical institutions around the world. They show up with any weird hormone reading and are told "you're in perimenopause". But Perimenopause can go on for 15-20 years! IT's a catchall word docs use whenever they don;t know what is going on.

One of my Custom Sway clients went in for a hormone test (sounds very similar to what you've had done) and was told she hadn't ovulated, wasn't going to ovulate, and was in "perimenopause". They told her, only chance of conception is IVF with donor eggs. She got BFP 5 days later. And this was at NYU Medical Center, one of the best fertility centers in the country. These tests aren't magic and they are WIDELY open to interpretation and "low normal" readings are STILL NORMAL. HOrmones go up and down and can change drastically by the month. Even things like FSH are not set in stone and we can do tons of stuff to fix it.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 22nd, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    I will definitely find out what they are. It was just the nurse on the phone and she doesn't know what they all mean I am sure....she is new to obgyn and just started. I will be getting a second opinion if I don't get pregnant next month. I see the doc again in a few weeks and hopefully she can go over it better and run some more tests. I dont really care if I have menopause early as long as I get one last babe. My grandma was 42...my mom was 37 and all 3 of my aunts were around 40 as well for last menses so it would be no surprise if it happens to me. The doc said family history doesn't always doom you for the same fate though so maybe there is hope or a different reason my hormones are all wacky.
    THEre is a HUGE difference betwen 29 and 42/37/40.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that doesn't mean you ovulated. Excess bleeding is needing to change a pad more than once an hour or bleeding that lasts more than a week. Hormone imbalance, uterine fibroids or ploys are all potential causes.
    I do think you're ovulating BUT the heavier than normal periods may have nothing to do with hormones. If you have a fibroid or polyp that may be causing excess bleeding with AF. Excess bleeding with hormones often comes from very high estrogen, not low normal.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No testing on the 12 week loss? For chromosome abnormality?
    this times 1 million. low prog may cause a chemical or 5 week loss. For a baby to have hung on till 12 weeks and then gone is very very very unlikely to be progesterone related. I am just really worried we are getting off on the wrong track here.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck rosie!!
    Mommy to DS #1 Born 3/12
    Swayed pink and it worked! We are having a in July!

THANK YOU to Atomic!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck Rosie! I definitely think you should start Atomic's fertility diet asap along with the supps she recommends to help improve egg quality like zinc and iron (especially with your heavy periods). Since this is all new to you since swaying I definitely think dietary changes could get your hormone levels back to normal. Increasing fat definitely helps in that regard and just eating full fat dairy has shown to increase fertility in several studies. I'd start simple and go from there.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you the best of luck Rosie. Thank you for your update as well.
    '01 model (my baby girl forever 5mths '02 model)
    '05 model '10 model '15 model

My gender dreaming success arrived safe July 2015. He is a complete dream come true and an absolutely beautiful little boy.

A huge thank you to Atomic for all her encouragement when I was up against things out of my control and ready to chuck it in. I can never thank you enough. Thank you also to all the other knowledgeable and ever supportive ladies that have helped and encouraged me. I truly believe my dream would not have come true without this site, my boy gender plan and the incredible love and support.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-boy/27056-he-diet-faq.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs to you Rosie! I hope that you get more answers with some further testing. We had fertility testing years ago after we had trouble keeping our second pregnancy, it is certainly a rough road and can be very confusing at times. But, much like ours, I hope your journey has a happy, healthy baby at the end of it
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast