Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your sway was awesome. Don't even second guess it for a second. You did what you could to make the cards fall in your favor. And sometimes, it still doesn't happen! Funny enough, my second sway was absolutely stronger than my first in all ways that matter...and yet my first sway produced my DG and my second likely didn't (not confirmed and won't be until birth). Sometimes that is just how it works. And it's no ones fault.

Your little man will steal your heart. Having brothers really is a gift. They will be fast buddies and you'll get to watch that special relationship develop. Not having seen it yourself, it's hard to imagine how heartwarming same-sex siblings can be. Give yourself time to adapt. There is no rush to tell your husband (unless you are morally against holding it from him until you feel a bit better), no rush to do anything that you don't feel comfortable doing. Let it settle, find ways to attach to the baby. It's probably harder knowing so early, since you can't feel him move around yet and likely aren't showing much. I think those things help. But they are coming down the line. Hopefully by the time he arrives, you will be all-in and not feel a lick of disappointment anymore.

(For the record, even though I AM close to my mom, I've never had a manicure with her, can't recall a single event of shopping that I didn't feel dragged along for as a child/teen (and now I'll shop with anyone, MIL too!), and we basically argued our way through my wedding planning and execution. Lol. I'm about as least girly as you can imagine. My mom always says her "girl" is my younger brother, who very much is into shopping and cooking and how he looks. I'm sure she will be an active member in his wedding, probably shopping for wedding dresses happily with his fiancée. So, it's not always what you imagine it will be. Not saying it's wrong to want it, but it's not something you can count on.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You had a GREAT sway. Sorry it didn't go your way I'm wishing you all the best.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just not fair at all! But there must be something very special about this boy that he wanted to be part of you against all odds! And watching the two brothers together will be the most beautifull thing!

But before that you have some difficult months to come and I wish you all the strenght you need!
    (2011) en (2012) en (2016)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all. THese words help more than you know. The news is still kind of shocking to me. I even looked up the chances of panorama being wrong. I got diagnosed with hyperemisis gravidarum at my first OB appointment and required IV bags of fluid for dehydration. Of course everyone comments that a dx of HG usually means girl. I Was not sick at all with DS1-so I actually started to believe it. The ironic part is that I haven't eaten breakfast in over a year and now can't eat breakfast now either. You all leave me hope of getting over this GD. Of course everyone around me is preggo with daughters or has daughters. I get jealous that these girls seem to entertain themselves and my son can't seem to go 5 minutes without requiring my attention or getting into something unsafe. I love him to pieces but I guess I just need some time to read and re read and re read all of your kind words. I couldn't be more grateful for you all. I might actually print out some of these posts and hand them to my husband saying, " here-this is what you should say in response to what I am about to say." They always want to know the right things to say...so why not just give it to them :-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs! I know that if I get pregnant with #2 and its a boy that I will feel EXACTLY like you do. Don't be ashamed of your feelings and desires - there are many that share them with you. Hugs and hugs!
    Mommy to DS #1 Born 3/12
    Swayed pink and it worked! We are having a in July!

THANK YOU to Atomic!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry you didn't get your DG, your sway was great but he was obviously determined to be here as others have said.
    Your ds will steal your heart though I promise you that! My ds2 is amazing! So cheeky and cuddly and him and ds1 have such an amazing bond, they absolutely idolise each other! You'll get through this I promise and you'll have 2 amazing boys who idolise their mumma!
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sorry your sway didn't go like you had hoped for. Just look at it this way. Your little man wanted you for a mommy so badly he railed against the rules of swaying. Good signs of a determined child and that determination will take him far
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is indeed UNFAIR when did everything but it didnt goes your way while others did nothing nothing but get gender of choice. I was in this position!!! Swayed but got DS#2. My besties surrounded me didnt do anything but got PP (pigeon pair) for themselves.

Honestly, Im jealous and feel injustic whenever i saw couples with PP. But when I look at my ds2, I was so grateful to the god that he brought him to me. Never will I exchange him for a girl if I was given a chance to turn back the clock.

And is true that the best gift i gave for my ds1 is a little brother. They have such a close bonding which makes me feel proud infront of my besties. They got PP but I have perfect same gender loving brotherhoods empire. :-)

Hope your GD will goes away real soon and enjoy this little man who won the race just to be part of your family
    Last edited by princessCharlotte; October 25th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.
    5yrs old
    3yrs old

waiting for

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coffeepot your sway was incredible amazing effort you put your everything into it!!
    GD is an ugly beast I too had it terrible with DS2 and he is the light of my life we are very close and as everyone says brothers are truly special, even my friend with PP who I am insanely jealous of comments on how well they play etc, she calls them two peas in a pod. My DH was very insensitive and didn't get it either so taking your time to process your feelings is not a bad idea.
    Find what works for you I decorated the nursery, brought new cute boy clothes, thought of names I liked etc. We are here for you! Big hugs XXX
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coffeepot I had GD pretty bad with DS1 & DS2. I got hypnosis the second time round and it really helped. I was so in love & so bonded to DS2 by the time he was born, and I was able to enjoy the pregnancy in a way I don't think I would have if I hadn't had hypnosis. I'm pregnant again & if this one is a boy (I'm almost certain he is) I will definitely do it again.
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast