Thread: clomid days

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

clomid days

Anyone know why some people take clomid at different times in their cycle? What is the difference between cd 3-7 and cd 5-9?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The theory is the earlier you take it, the greater the number of potential eggs that will be released. If DH had very low sperm count and you wanted to maximize the number of targets, you might take clomid CD1-5.

The later you take it, with the latest typically being CD5-9, reduces your chances of multiple eggs and possibly helps improve egg quality (not proven). So if you definitely don't want multiples, CD5-9 is the safest route. CD3-7 is a compromise between quantity/quality or if you want maybe 2 eggs but not 5, for example.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    but I honestly no longer think this does a whole lot. I've seen singles with 3-8 and twins with 5-9, we'd really need a pretty in depth study to know for sure.

A few people ahve even done it from CD 2-6, if they ovulate early
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's definitely a theory without much evidence backing it up, at this point.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did 2 rounds of Clomid on cycle days 2-6, and my RE said this was to align with my natural cycle, which was 25/26 days at the time.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    I am trying to figure out when to start clomid. I am supposed to take it cd 3-7. Friday I had spotting and used a pantyliner all day. Today is heavy flow. So is today cd1 or yesterday? Sorry for TMI!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    first day of heavy flow, unless you have already had a 14 day LP!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ