Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Possible Dh ONLY makes boys?

Help me out here - I am sure I read something that keeps the faith alive that if a Dh has made 6 baby boys and no girls that it's still possible to have a little girl. Gf and I are having a discussion.
    I know that there must be hope, and a theory supporting all the changes us mamas make to get a girl....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that men do make xy and xx but I recently did ivf and my gender spilt was only 1xx and 9 xy and the ivf dr said its possible my husband does make more xy... my ivf failed and now I sm moving on to a sway tho I dont have much confidence at ALL
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man.... I wish we could all have our men checked... Just knowing...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I have not seen many ivf ladies have the gender spilt mine had.... some ladies have 3 ir 4 boys and do ivf and end up with an even gender split im just unlucky in that respect I guess
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is still possible. After our six boys with swaying we did conceive a girl (and another boy). Although we have just found out we have lost her, we still had her for that short time so it is indeed possible. x
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MumofSix_TTCPink View Post
    It is still possible. After our six boys with swaying we did conceive a girl (and another boy). Although we have just found out we have lost her, we still had her for that short time so it is indeed possible. x
    I saw your post - I'm so incredibly sorry mama do you have a name for her?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Men make sperm 50/50. Most of swaying involves the mother- not all but most.

IVF is 100% unnatural so I wouldn't compare those results to natural conception.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Dp has 6 sons to 3 different Women. I wonder if he is just more attracted to Women who are more likely to have sons (and he loves having them too!) I totally believe it is possible and really believe in swaying. However since the next will be our last I do not want to take any chances so HT it is. I wish I could try swaying and am a bit bummed. I would if we had two boys instead of three but 4 kids is my absolute limit
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmebabyonemoretime View Post
    I saw your post - I'm so incredibly sorry mama do you have a name for her?

Thank you. Yes, her name is Shaylah Anne.
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As NBP said, ALL men CAN make girls! 50/50 split in sperm.

Women have XX chromosomes. Men have XY chromosomes. Sex cells (eggs in women and sperm in men) have half the number of chromosomes of a normal human cell so that when they come together the resulting baby has the correct number again.

Essentially all eggs are 'female' (x chromosome) whereas sperm is 50% 'female' (x chromosome) and 50% 'male' (Y chromosome); this is because the XY cells from the man splits (2 cells from 1, each containing half the genetic material of the original copy) by a special process called meiosis which is how sex cells (sperm in men, eggs in women) form.

Therefore all men are capable of fathering girls as Gender is down to the sperm that fertilises the egg; if an 'x' gets there first you get a girl (xx chromosomes) and if a 'y' gets there first the resulting embryo will be male (XY chromosomes). Therefore by rules of averages you have a 50% chance of having a girl (or boy) with each pregnancy.

That is the good news. HOWEVER as with all biological processes it is not quite as cut and dried as all that and there could be other factors at work; as PP mentioned, including the women's internal environment and condition (which we try to chAnge by swaying), it could be possible (for unknown reasons) that the man's Y sperm are just a little bit 'better' than the X he produces (?) ( eg hardier/ faster/ stronger etc - something like this *could* be at work in pinkin's case with her HT gender split as the lab techs choose the 'best looking' sperm from the mix without knowing whether it is Y or X, however having sain that also bear in mind that they are picking maybe 15 from thousands of possible so that in itself is bound to scew the 'natural' gender split) and remember that the least, and probably most important factor, is good old 'lady luck' and no one can control her! my beautiful ds2 proves that

Good luck Hun x
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast