Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the 42 (?) million dollar question! Most BD as soon as they get a positive OPK. 1-2 days before O is ideal timing, and on average, O occurs 24 hours after the first positive. But there is a fair bit of individual variation, so without charting you could very well end up with O-3 or O day timing. A bit early is better than O day or later, though.
    Last edited by maidentomother; December 18th, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love this site, you guys are awesome!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyPie View Post
    Atomic -

For the one attempt - how do you know what days are the fertile window for that attempt??
    You don't, necessarily. If you have a very regular cycle that swaying doesn't change, then you can just assume your O day will be the same as prev. months and base it off that.

That is why I tend to have people DTD at pos OPK - it's not because there's any magic to it, it's because you know you're probably in the fertile window then becuase you're surging!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah that's true I suppose, I used to get a sharp pain and then one spot of blood (the next day) so I assumed that was me ovulating but I'm obviously no scientist ����. Good luck OP!!

3 1

due Jan 2nd 2014!!! Yay my GIRL

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if it's ovulation for one person (and you may very well be totally correct and can pinpoint your O with utter certainty) the other 99 out of 100 can't rely on it.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just read up on the timing doesn't matter stuff!! Very interesting and I think I'll just have one attempt before o time. I'm breastfeeding and I've had 3 cycles, does this mean I'm ovulating again or can i just get AF without??

3 1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long exactly have each of those 3 cycles been? If they've been pretty regular, most likely you are Oing, assuming AF has been a proper AF for you, not much lighter/shorter than before. Even if your cycles aren't that regular yet, with a normal strength AF you probably are Oing, as it's common for BFing to make cycles weird. Are you temping or charting at all, even with CM/CP/OPKs?

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got some ovulation sticks (haha don't know the name) so will try them the first week of jan. Yes regular 28 day cycles with pretty heavy periods. Will be interesting to try the ovulation sticks!!

3 1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're Oing then! Good luck

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GEtting AF with a normal cycle means that you are almost certainly ovulating. The only thing to be aware of is that sometimes when BF, you can be oing and getting AF, but having a little bit longer follicular phase and then a super short luteal phase (3-7 days) which is not enough time to achieve pregnancy. This clears up on its own over time and you don't need to do anything about it, just wanted to let you know I have seen that happen with some regularity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast