Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clear blue fertility monitor

When we dtd in our fertile phase should I dtd when the monitor is in high fertility or peak? (just dtd once during o)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on when you O in relation to your readings. Have you used it before? The first cycle it learns your body and can be a few days - or more - off. On average, you should O the day after your initial Peak (henceforth Peak always refers to first Peak), so if you are TTC during your first cycle using it, I'd BD as soon as you get a Peak. Since you have to test within a limited window at the same time every morning with FMU, I recommend BDing literally ASAP, that morning or at the latest that evening. It is more likely for you to get a Peak early, and not actually O until 2-3 days later (sometimes longer or not at all, if you have long cycles or PCOS), than it is for you to O before you Peak. I've seen that almost never. But some O the same day of the Peak, especially that first learning cycle, in which case it is likely too late to catch the egg. And it is better to be a bit early (O-3) than too late (O or O+1).

If you temp & chart at all, which I highly recommend if you can do so non-obsessively, and if your cycles are normal/regular, then after the 2nd cycle using the CBFM you should know when you will O in relation to the Peak and can thus time your one attempt optimally from the 3rd cycle onwars. For example, I get 3 days of High then Peak, and O the next day. So since ~36 hours (1-2 days) before O is ideal odds of conception, I BD the night of my 3rd/last High. That's what I did this month and I'm pretty sure I Oed 36-48 hours after my one attempt. 48 hours before way significantly better than 12 hours before. If you O early in the day, the time of day you BDed can really matter.

If you don't/can't temp & chart, then I recommend BDing ASAP when you get your Peak, and attempting again 4 & 8 days later. Most likely the later two attempts will be after you O, but since I often see ladies O 3+ days after their Peak, and more rarely a whole week or so later, I strongly suggest covering your bases. I can't tell you how many women I see both here and on FF who stop BDing too early, often month after month, bc they don't realize they're Oing later than they think. Even ladies charting thoroughly, as FF often assigns O too soon.

Good luck! I am very happy with my CBFM and this cycle is the first time, after 4 previous months TTC, that I nailed the timing. OPKs don't work well for me and rarely give me much advance warning, but I still use them and you should too, to see how they match up with the CBFM readings.
    Last edited by maidentomother; December 18th, 2014 at 09:44 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the CBFM same as the CB digital ovulation test?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on what you're going for - if you want to do Shettles timing, you would go for high reading (and you may end up BD very far from O that way and come out with a low odds of conception) If you want your one attempt to be well timec for conception, do at first peak.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ