Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talk to me about exercise

So I had decided to not exercise for my sway, but I am second guessing myself now and I'm wondering what type of cardio works.
    I have a treadmill at my house and could probably find and hour but how fast do I have to go for that hour etc? Is walking for an hour enough or would that put me in blue territory? Do I have to run for an hour?
    I feel like if I run for an hour I would build muscle... I used to run regularly and had the most toned legs I've ever had... So I'm just confused.
    What constitutes pink-worthy cardio?
    Thx!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was doing the Walk Away The Pounds dvds (4 Mile Challenge one specifically) during part of my sway and I know several other girl swayers have done them as well. It's pure cardio and an hour long. Eventually I dropped all exercise though and will go the couch potato route from now on.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mysweetboys - walking (quickly) is fine. It shouldn't feel like you are over exerting yourself, but it shouldn't feel overly easy, either. For me I would jog or run for 30 minutes or so and then walk quickly for another 30 minutes or perhaps intervals (walking 10 min, running 10 min, etc, etc). A lot of the muscle "breaking down" issue is what you are eating. I was eating very little and always ran on an empty stomach so I definitely was extremely thin while on LE, but was NOT toned at all.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a good question! i feel as though i should be doing the cardio too lol
    (2007) (2011) (2014) (2017)

Praying for GS to come to Australia for a little pink bundle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you don't need to run! But you do have to be walking intensely enough to break a sweat and get your heartrate in your aerobic zone for the full 60 min to really count. That means slow warm ups, cooldowns, stretching, etc don't count as part of your cardio time.

Aerobic target heartrate is 65%-80% of your Maximum Heart rate, which is by age, here's a handy calculator:

ACE Fit | Heart Rate Zone Calculator

And bluebonnet is right, you won't build muscle at all eating at a deficit. You have to eat at a surplus to build muscle, and it's actually a difficult thing to do, lol. Not that you should be lifting weights but if you did you STILL wouldn't build muscle while eating at a deficit. Cardio is just more efficient at losing weight quicker since it'll burn fat and cannibalize muscle, whereas weight training would burn fat but preserve muscle.
    Last edited by LacePrincess; January 26th, 2015 at 07:23 AM.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I walked at 4.0mph - 5.0mph a day on my treadmill!
    We have 2 perfect little

Harmony results confirm we are having a GIRL!!!! Due 23/09/2015

Our family is complete!!!

Thank you GD and Atomic you are amazing!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any type works provided you do it for 60 minutes. It doesn't need to be Olymic level of skill, no need to run or anything, it just has to be you pushing yourself a bit for 60 minutes.

it is SUPER hard for women to build muscle under ideal circumstances and runners are NOT muscular. Sometimes they look that way becuase they have very little body fat but running doesn't build muscle unless you are eating a lot of food at the same time (and I mean A LOT). The only way for women to actually build muscle mass is by eating a lot of food and in many cases, taking drugs to do it!

Toned does NOT equal adding muscle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested in this as well

I'm reading a book on naturally dealing with PC OS

The author says your target fat burning zone or your target heart rate is where you should be working out for maximum fat burn in one place

In another place she goes on to break down your maximum heart rate zones

Heart healthy zone 50 to 60% of your maximum heart rate burns 85% fat at this level but not as many calories if you were working your heart harder

Fat burning zone is 60 to 70% of your maximum heart rate still burn fat at 85% but burn more total calories

Aerobic zone is 70 to 80% of your maximum heart rate you working on endurance at the stone your heart become stronger allowing you to perform at a higher level and you burn 50% of fat

anaerobic zone is 80 to 90% of your maximum heart rate you do not burn but 15% of calories from fat

90 to 100% of the maximum heart rate mostly just work your heart out and burns a lot of calories but not necessarily from fat.

With that information I was wondering how either running for 30 minutes compares to walking at a fast pace for an hour and/or high interval intensity training...when ttc pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want anyone to worry about or think about their heart rate. I think it's the type of "detail oriented" thing that may sway blue (constant thinking about what your heart rate is while exercising, and so on).

I believe pretty strongly that it's the 60 minutes that matter and not an Olympic level of intensity. So just go for an hour, try to push yourself as hard as you're able without making yourself miserable, and call it good. EVen if walking is all you can manage that is ok.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes ImmiNAddi, Dreamofpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get why skillet referenced the heart rates. I keep wondering what the effort has to be at. Ivd been searching posts after a discussion in what were eating thread, and I am still unclear how hard we should be working. Forgetting the actual heart rates for a minute - if there were two "efforts" for everyone. Moderate and heavy; is one better than the other or more importantly is moderate INEFFECTIVE, of sway BLUE? Obviously I don't want that... But I can't push to do heavy workouts (at shoot me now effort levels )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast