Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having trouble knowing what i can eat

I am having a lot of trouble knowing what i can eat, or more what to make for dinner to stick with the LE guidelines. I also have PCOS, but blood sugar and insulin levels are fine atm. Last check they were 3.3 which is a little low. Help!
    Last edited by Mum4life; January 28th, 2015 at 12:45 AM.
    (2007) (2011) (2014) (2017)

Praying for GS to come to Australia for a little pink bundle!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For dinners I ate a lot of brown rice or brown pasta with stir fried vegetables. With a bit of pasta sauce, or low fat cream cheese or a sprinkle of Edam cheese. There is a thread going at the moment titled 'let's record what were eating' with some more meal ideas. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum to two hoping for a bundle of x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is also the PCOS LE Diet what we are eating thread. What do you normally eat for dinner? Usually you can eat mostly the carb + veggie parts with a little cheese or maybe white fish/chicken/pork since you have PCOS. You don't need to and probably shouldn't go completely veggie with PCOS.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I am a big red meat eater, so usually for dinner we have some kind of meat, with vegetables and pasta/some other carb dish, or a chicken pasta bake/stirfry etc but now i have started this i am a bit stumped lol.. typical boy diet for sure!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the PCOS version and I am not PCOS but I ate a ton of brown rice. Like a ton. (Uncle bens i think has a chicken flavored one that helped). and I also had lots of hint of salt wheat thins and triscuits. Baked potato with margerine also!! I did eat grilled chicken it was was the only meat I ate.
    Mommy to DS #1 Born 3/12
    Swayed pink and it worked! We are having a in July!

THANK YOU to Atomic!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then what I would do, if DH is okay with it, is stop red meat completely and just stick to poultry/white fish/shellfish/pork or cheese/eggs as a protein source at dinner. Make normal meals but try to reduce the fat when possible (and if you can, replace butter and olive oil with safflower or canola oil) , and just eat smaller portions and more of the veg/carb, less of the protein. But you will need more protein and fat than non PCOS swayers. I would definitely stick to whole grains and avoid white/refined grains except in small amounts. You should be able to modify most stir fries and bakes to fit this, and just pick stuff out as necessary.

Depending on how you eat at breakfast/lunch, you could possibly even continue cooking the same meals for dinner, just eat smaller portions and no red meat. Play around with your daily totals and see.

Your dinners sound delicious! Which does seem to automatically mean boy friendly, alas. But you will get used to eating pink and hey, it's a chance to experiment with new recipes! I like soups and loaded salads especially, as they can be nice and filling while still low cal. Remember that you can eat an unlimited amount of low cal veggies like iceberg lettuce, zucchini, green beans, broccoli, kale, celery, mushrooms, eggplant, cucumber, leeks, etc.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I already do eat wholegrains DH is willing to give up red meat.. he said as long as he can have bacon he doesn't care lol. Another thing is, i have to have breakfast, there is no getting away from it. If i don't i feel like i will faint and my stomach starts eating itself lol i usually skip lunch, but since starting this i have been really hungry so i have been having wraps with a sprinkling of chicken, iceberg lettuce and a sprinkling of cheese with low fat dressing. Ohh and breakfast before starting this was a piece of wholegrain toast with vegemite and a bowl of fibre rich cereal. I've cut the cereal since i know that sways boy

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does that mean sweet and sour chicken with rice is ON the menu?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot to add I also had a salad almost every day for lunch (From panera) but just lettuce, cucumber and chicken on it.... and if i had a salad for lunch i made sure to have no more chicken the rest of the day. I also only had 1 glass of whole milk a day (I used to drink like 4 glasses of 1% a day). If I didn't feel like salad I would have a brown rice bowl with chicken and cheese from chipotle but not every day as it was at the upper end of my protein limit.

I also drank coke zero and crystal lite - and peppermint tea in the morning with 2 splenda.
    Mommy to DS #1 Born 3/12
    Swayed pink and it worked! We are having a in July!

THANK YOU to Atomic!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump this for me
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Dislikes Vivi disliked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast