Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opk help please!

Hi ladies!

I am currently on cd8, I took my first opk this afternoon and am not sure if it is positive. The dollartree opk looks like it's showing a positive but the clear blue one is not. This will be my first cycle after coming off of the birth control pill and I'm not sure if that will influence a false or early surge?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Honeybug xo

April 2012 Dreaming pink and TTC January 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, unfortunately the CB are one the LEAST sensitive tests and DT are one of the MOST sensitive, so I'm not completely sure which to trust. I'm tempted to say wait for the DT to be obviously blaring (darker than control), but I don't want you to miss this first egg, so I think you should attempt tonight or better yet tomorrow am, then BD again in 4 days (so Sunday night/Monday am depending). That way you're covered regardless.

If you don't catch this egg, I really recommend Wondfos as they are optimal sensitivity.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 28th, 2015 at 07:21 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you maidentomother! I really appreciate your advice I would love to hear other thoughts too, still have a couple hours to decide to dtd or not!
    Honeybug xo

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Maiden. BD now and again in 4 days. If you are early, you will still attempt again right before O.

Atomic always says that in times like this, flip a coin. Literally. This type of thing sways boy. Honestly, it is a crapshoot anyway. What I do is attempt when DH wants to. I swear he can sense when I am about to O. I never tell him I have a positive opk, and he ALWAYS asks to BD then and on O day! Crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you xxforhubby! I think after having sometime to think about it, I'm going to try tomorrow am and if I still have a positive opk in 4 days we will have one more attempt. If we don't end up catching this egg hopefully my cycle is a little bit more normal/longer next month and my Wondfos are in In retrospect I honestly should have tested yesterday but I assumed as I still had AF it would be negative.
    Honeybug xo

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey just wondered if anyone can help, wanting to sway pink but have irregular cycles between 28 to 30 days have no idea when i ovulate so bought some ovulation sticks offline does anyone know how i can use these to work out the timing to concieve. shettles theory says 2-3 daya before ovulation. any help would be great X

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah. View Post
    hey just wondered if anyone can help, wanting to sway pink but have irregular cycles between 28 to 30 days have no idea when i ovulate so bought some ovulation sticks offline does anyone know how i can use these to work out the timing to concieve. shettles theory says 2-3 daya before ovulation. any help would be great X
    Check out the link under Atomic's signature for TTC girl best practices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Honeybug liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thankyou xxforhubby will do

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sarah, in Atomic's signature is a link to the index, which is a wealth of information! The ladies on here are very nice and are great about offering input and advice, too best of luck to you!

UPDATE on myself: we were unable to bd this morning as hubby got called into work way earlier than anticipated due to an emergency. The dollartree opk was stronger and looked to be darker so hopefully tonight won't be to late to catch this egg. The clear blue digital was weaker and hardly even showed the control line, so frustrating!!
    Honeybug xo

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honeybug is swaying BLUE!!!

HB you need to ignore the every 4 day advice now because I think they thought you guys were swaying pink. DTD every other day until the Clearblue is positive and then hit it with the 3 attempts back to back, that night, the next morning if poss. and again the next night.

Anything is possile but this is just SO early that I doubt it's the real deal. The dTD every other day will cover your bases just in case and the Clearblue should go pos when it's supposed to.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast