Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Are Corn chips acidic to the body?

Dream Member
    Blog Entries

Are Corn chips acidic to the body?

I have gotten down to two meals a day and maybe every 2 to 3 days I have 2 serving of salt free corn chips with a cup of tomatoes, a little cilantro, and a little lemon with a serving of lowfat cheese on them. (With my two meals I am probably getting between 30-40 grams of fat, so I am not going over my fat limit with the chips.) I was just wondering if corn chips make you more acidic.
    I have 3 boys. I lost about 40 lbs since last year. Did the LE and BD once and got a BPF ( late April). Sort of in shock! I was planning on moving on with my 3 boys in life and not TTC anymore after April, but God had another plan.

200520072009 and finally a littleborn in January 2013 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    2 servings of chips is a lot. I dont care much for potatoe chips but I love corn chips. I would eat 1-2 servings a day when my boys were conceived.

I did eat 4-6 salt free corn chips a few days a week when I conceived #3. Just to ward off the craving for eating bad stuff.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Member
    Blog Entries
    The Trader Joes organic no salt chips have 140 calories and 7 grams of fat per 14 chips. That really isn't that bad. I have maybe 10 grams of fat for lunch. So if I am only have 2 meals a day, I need to make up some calories. I am curious though if corn chips made you more acidic. I know corn isn't that great for you, so I am hoping it part of a good sway.
    I have 3 boys. I lost about 40 lbs since last year. Did the LE and BD once and got a BPF ( late April). Sort of in shock! I was planning on moving on with my 3 boys in life and not TTC anymore after April, but God had another plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    I have gotten down to two meals a day and maybe every 2 to 3 days I have 2 serving of salt free corn chips with a cup of tomatoes, a little cilantro, and a little lemon with a serving of lowfat cheese on them. (With my two meals I am probably getting between 30-40 grams of fat, so I am not going over my fat limit with the chips.) I was just wondering if corn chips make you more acidic.
    No, if anything they are alkalinizing because there is lye used in the process of turning corn into the kind of corn they use to make tortillas with.

Please do not put much if any thought into the whole acidifying vs. alkalinzing thing because it really doesn't matter.

I actually think that corn tortillas/chips are a great option for swaying because they are not terribly nutritious but are still satisfying and a good way to get some easy cals.

Dream Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks atomic. I remember you posting a link about acidic/alkaline and it not really matter, but I can't seem to find it. Do you mind posting it again?

Dream Member
    Blog Entries
    As-So do you think testing pH of CM is a total waste of time then? I want to use rephresh with a little aci-jel for my attempt. I know if I start testing to see what it does to my pH, the obsessive gene will take over leading to a sky rocket of testosterone for me. I have a hanna tester I bought last year, but just the idea of trying to set it with all the different pH liquids is somewhat off putting to me and my gut says don't go there.

I prefer that people don't test for that very reason.

I'm not saying that I don't think pH can't help (undecided), but I AM saying that i don't think the absence or presence of corn chips in your diet is altering the pH of your CM and it for sure isn't changing the pH of your blood - cos you'd be DEAD if it was! I also don't think that if it does help in some way, it's because X sperm "love" low pH - I think it's because low pH = dead sperm and lower sperm numbers = more girls conceived.

My last boy was conceived with pH of 4.5 and it never went up one bit until after I was already pg.

Dream Vet
    jjc - I used both Rephresh and Aci-jel for my attempt and they worked fine together. I know some have reported a rise in pH when using Aci-jel - probably because the body has produced a load of its own 'stuff' to try and wash away the foreign substance but if you're using it with Rephresh that shouldn't be a problem because it will react with everything to 'balance' the pH back to 4.5/5. I did, however, use Rephresh every 3 days after AF and a little Aci-jel every few days earlier in my cycle so they weren't brand new to my body when we made our attempt.
    atomic sagebrush likes this.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Corn chips are also very high on the glycemic index, so if keeping blood sugar low for a sway is important, I might consider avoiding them.

I think I already commented about the Sylk in your swaying plan thread, but the Sylk (probably) raised my pH despite using an entire repHresh about 12 hours earlier.
    atomic sagebrush likes this.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast