Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Those swaying blue are you eating dairy, nuts and wholegrains?

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today

Interested in who is having or avoiding dairy, nuts and wholegrains and why?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm eating dairy and nuts. Lots of peanuts, brazil and walnuts. And cheddar when I fancy it plus milk with my cereal, I think its counts as the protein with the cereal but a few extra nuts wouldn't hurt lol. I'm avoiding things like cheese spread only because it is pretty lacking in any goodness anyway and my motto is 'If it don't count, dont eat!'. I just keep thinking about the saying 'More boys are born after a good nut harvest', so I'm in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the reason behind avoiding dairy on other sites? Is it because of the calcium or the magnesium and lowering ph?
    Fathers Day baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do eat a little dairy....have some half and half in my coffee in the morning, and either milk or almond milk in cereal, which I eat a few days a week for breakfast. I will eat cheese that is in a prepared dish (like zucchini with some parmesan sprinkled on), but I am trying not to eat a big block of it like I used to. Nuts, yes also....so many good nutrients. I think the whole dairy avoidance is because of the calcium, which supposedly sways pink. But, I believe that a more balanced and nutrient-rich diet is better for a boy sway, including some calcium. I don't know, I am indeed older (35), but I believe I was not creating the most conception-friendly environment the first 3-4 months I swayed (and never got pg) because I was eating a strict "IG boy diet" which had zero calcium and no nuts, a very thin spread of nutrients, in my opinion. The sixth month, when I did get pg (although had a chemical pregnancy), I had kind of given up on swaying, and was just eating what I wanted to, which was still healthy, but went into some cheese and milk again, and did also drink some red wine, which I used to have when cooking dinner most nights- just a glass, that is. I think there has got to be some correlation, kwim?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IF you're going to have dairy when ttc blue, it'd probably be best to drink/eat full fat dairy products
    Mom to Sept. 04, April 08, ^i^ May 09 & April 10

Trying to convince DH to try for a tubal reversal baby girl soon!

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    What is the reason behind avoiding dairy on other sites? Is it because of the calcium or the magnesium and lowering ph?
    It's because of the calcium but until someone studies each factor of the French diet independently in blind studies, we have no way of knowing what about the French diet even sways. We don't even KNOW if a lack of calcium = more boys or if it's the higher sodium or more red meat or what. The "You Are What Your Mother Eats" study found moms who had the highest calcium intake had MORE sons, not less. And countries where they eat very little dairy and are actually genetically lactose intolerant, have the same and even more daughters than countries where people eat a lot of dairy.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to avoid OR eat calcium, I just feel like I have to lay the facts out there and then each person has to do what feels right in their gut.

The pH is a separate issue and it is actually kind of complicated by the calcium, because calcium supplements can make people's pH go UP.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanls ladies.
    I have recently in the last 6 months been diagnosed with dairy intolerance. So dairy is out for me anyway.. I am enjoying being able to have some nut (penuts) though.. I guess only time will tell hey lol.
    But with my girls I ate a LOT of dairy.. chocolate, cheese, milk and icecream!!!!!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did too though and have the 4 boys to show for it! I wish it was simpler to figure out!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I guess everyone is different and our bodies can react differently to different foods. Oh well worth trying a change hey? After 4 girls surely there is something more than 50/50 chance lol
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ate tons of dairy and have 3 boys Didn't eat much dairy when I got DD1. This kid I'm pg with now is just an enigma... Regular dairy but not tons.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast