Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused blue sway ...confused with opk , temping and ovulation

Hi ,
    I am looking for some advice on my situation . I have been on blue diet for about a month .Last month i was not temping correctly i mean i would take temp anytime in the day but by checking my cm and using opk i guessed i ovulated on cd17 or cd 18 last montg . I got positive opk for two days cd 16 and cd17 , as per ff i ovulated on cd 18 the day i was feeling sore abdomen .

Now this month i m charting religiously and saw no signs of ov until cd 20 got positive opk and ewcm plus saw a very nice dip in temp and today morning at cd 21 there is a sharp temp rise and watery cm .Do you think i ovulated yesterday on cd20 and is it due to blue diet I am ovulating late . Opk is still positive after temp rise at cd21

My main concern is if i hv to dtd in same situation, should i dtd on the day of positive and should i dtd the next day also when there is high rise and how would i know i should stop dtd i mean on which day ?

Sorry very confused ...
    59776b Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know anything about charting Im afraid but for a bluesway I would recommend that you just aim to get in as many attempts as possible when you know you are coming up to ovulation and especially when you are seeing and feeling physical signs of it ie cm and cramps The aim for blue is to fill the cervical crypts so no time is a bad time! HTH

3. Thanks goodmom thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it sounds like you ovulated on CD20

Can you post your chart?
    Are you taking any supplements as these can often delay O?

You should be DTD every other day and the aim for 3-5 attempts at positive ovulation test
    So the day of +OPK, the next day and the day after
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

5. Thanks goodmom thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would BD tonight and keep up every other day if possible until you confirm ovulation.
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thx a lot Elp and Trueblue ... i have posted a link of my chart not sure this is the right way

59776b Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

M only taking below mentioned
    Folic acid
    Fish oil
    Vid d
    Multi vitamin with iron

True blue how can i be sure i ovulated i mean how do you confirm ...even thou i have to make an attempt next month ...Just want to make sure i know as much as i can ...

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I mean if i dtd 4 days in row from first positive will tht be enough for blue and for catching egg ? Keeping tht hubby has his release done every 2-4 days before attempt ...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on your chart CD20 inded looks likely for O, but I recommend BDing daily until you get your cross hairs confirming O. I typically O around CD18 myself but that's an average so some cycles I O on CD20 or even later. Many women just naturally O a little late. I would not assume it's due to swaying, especially since a 2 day difference in O day is well within normal variation. It is normal for O to move around; most women don't O on the exact same CD every month.

Don't worry about how long your OPKs stay positive, just try to get 2-3 attempts in within 24 hours of your first positive then keep BDing once daily until your cross hairs to be sure you're covered. And of course you should be BDing every other day once AF ends to maintain sperm quality and get in enough attempts if you O soon after your first positive OPK (as how fast you respond to your surge can vary from cycle to cycle).
    Last edited by maidentomother; June 2nd, 2015 at 12:43 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

10. Thanks goodmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try and get in a few attempts before +opk aswell incase you are a quick ov'er, I find that for me cm, cramps and +opk all happen at the same time and by that afternoon all have disappeared, so if I havent had a few attempts before I might be left with just the one late attempt.

12. Thanks goodmom thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thx a lot maidentomother and Elp that was quite detailed ...making me calm now .... Hope u and all other ladies get what they are wishing for Amen ...
    Last edited by goodmom; May 16th, 2015 at 09:33 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Goodmom if you take a look at my chart you see the cross lines and 5 days of higher temps. That and my CM has changed to creamy non fertile I can tell my ovulation has happened already.

4 days in a row at first positive sounds great With every other day before hand.
    You can have unprotected BD every other day the month of your attempt as soon as AF leaves town.
    Thank You God

Pope Benedict XVI

15. Thanks goodmom thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast