Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy supplements!

Okay so these are the supplements I'm currently taking to TTC a boy! I'm starting about 12-13 weeks out! Planning on actually ttc in October! Please let me know if I'm missing something!!

Prenatal
    Vitamin D
    Potassium
    Grape Seed extract
    B12
    Folic Acid
    Fish Oil

Extra supplements:
    Cassava
    CLA

-I was taking vitamin E and zinc.. But the zinc makes me nauseous and I ran out of E..

Anyways post your supplements or supplements you recommend! Blue dust all around!!!
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh whoops only just now found this one.

Looks ok but would like to know doses

Do not take any more zinc or Vit. E than what is in your prenatal. May actually sway PINK to overdose on nutrients and aside from that, it is NOT SAFE for you or a healthy pregnancy to take more than 100% DRV
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries! Your posting on threads all day so I wasn't worried about it

So just check labels and make sure I'm getting 100% of everything and no more? So if my prenatal only provides 50% drv for vitamin E for example then supplement with vit E specifically? Just making sure I understand you correctly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nann3r View Post

So just check labels and make sure I'm getting 100% of everything and no more? So if my prenatal only provides 50% drv for vitamin E for example then supplement with vit E specifically? Just making sure I understand you correctly!

I am taking a MVI (zinc is only 50%) made for women, fish oil, cal/mag (only taking 1/3 of a full dose though just so I get to DRI of calcium 1000 mg including my food intake since I'm not huge on dairy and this is more because my first child was born with tooth enamel hypoplasia which is theorized to be caused by inadequate calcium during pregnancy and/or conception), cinnamon for PCOS and a protein powder supplement in a morning shake with banana for potassium.

5. Likes Nann3r liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you mean by pcos?? I've been taking potassium pills. I need to be eating more bananas in just not a big eater /: so I need my vits to keep up. Both my prenatals and my multivits are low in vitamin A so that's where my wheat grass comes in I'm not big on dairy either.. I pretty much only get as much as the prenatals have. What do you suggest I take of the two? Prenatals or multivitamins? Or does it matter???

Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you mean by pcos?? I've been taking potassium pills. I need to be eating more bananas in just not a big eater /: so I need my vits to keep up. Both my prenatals and my multivits are low in vitamin A so that's where my wheat grass comes in I'm not big on dairy either.. I pretty much only get as much as the prenatals have. What do you suggest I take of the two? Prenatals or multivitamins? Or does it matter???

PCOS is a disorder that I have called polycystic ovary syndrome. Cinnamon and some other herbal supplements may (or may not) help with it. Cinnamon is supposed to help with blood sugar regulation since many people with PCOS have issues with insulin/blood sugar. I'm not sure if this is me or not, but I figured it's worth a try.

as far as prenatal vs regular multi, I think the biggest issue is to make sure you're not getting large amounts of vitamin A except from beta-carotene. If I'm not mistaken, too much vitamin A (like vitamin A acetate) can harm a developing baby.

I think the other major difference is just in folate. prenatals usually have 1000 whereas regular multis have 400.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see. Well I will probably opt for the prenatal most likely and supplement where needed.. I'm "swaying" for twins too (if it's even possible ;p) so I take a good amount of folate/folic acid. I prefer folate, I just have bottles on folic tht I might as well use up

Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

No. The reason why some nutrients are less than 100% in some supplements is because they are not necessarily safe to take high doses. Vit. A like TTCBabyBoy mentions, and Vit. E are among the supps that may actually be harmful to be getting too much of.

It is NOT just these nutrients though. I am not a fan of megadose vitamins for a variety of reasons. There is not enough info to know if they are even safe, some higher doses may sway pink and/or mess up your cycle.

Just take a prenatal or multivitamin with a nice, normal array of nutrients. No more than 100% of anything other than Vit. D and folic.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it I've pretty much cut back a lot already. I take a multivitamin, potassium, grape seed, fish oil, b-complex, folic acid, wheat grass and b-12. And cassava. But that's unrelated.

Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see lots of blue swayers doing this so even though we discused in another thread, Nann, I am just going to mention for others, you do not need to take prenatals PLUS B complex for blue sways. Taking too many B vitamins may not be safe for health and also can really muck up people's cycles and I have tons of blue swayers who report sudden changes in cycles when swaying, and blame it on diet, but then come to find out they are taking 1000's of mg of B vitamins. DON'T. 100% DRV is enough!

12. Likes Nann3r liked this post