Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was eating quite a bit of potatoes and carbs. Minimal exercise. Very infrequent sex, only once few days before ovulation. Dh wears loose boxers.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    I have two boys. Eldest is 6.
    My diet was something like this...
    I did drink alcohol then and still do. Usually wine,in the week and even more on weekends. My DH also drank wine and beer. We would usually have a bottle a night between us.
    I used to drink tea and coffee/cappuccino/late's with sugar and milk during the day, diet coke and not much water.
    i was not exercising.
    My breakfast was toast and tea/coffee or oats with honey or muesli and yoghurt - weekends we would go out for breakfast or hubby used to do us a fry-up.
    I sometimes had all bran flakes
    i always had skimmed milk and still do

My lunch would have been a sandwich/roll with cheese and tomatoe/onion/lettuce
    OR a melted cheese snackwich. Eggs on toast, scrambled or fried with avo slices. Or a potatoe/sweet potatoe with a filling of tuna and mayo or a cheese toastie or a tuna and corn salad

Snacking:
    tomatoes and feta with salt and pepper.
    huge chunk of cheese and tea.
    piece of toast with peanut butter if i was hungry - even just before dinner.
    I would also snack on cheese and crackers, olives, gherkins, baby tomatoes.
    I love chocolate and would eat it whenever i felt like it
    chips - cheese doritos
    ive always loved veggies but as for fruit i would probably have a banana, apple or green grapes

Dinner would be a fairly big portion.
    I was eating meat at the time so we would have chicken and veg / salad. Steak and chips with mushroom sauce.We would do beef burgers and chips. Take away meals usually on a Saturday, which were mainly spinach and ricotta cannelloni or pizza. Or i would get tai food. Never eaten McDonalds or any of those types of meals. Other foods we would eat were fish and garlic potatoes. We had a lot of bbq's living in a sunny country at the time - so meat and salad. We had corn on the cob. We had garlic Kiev's with mixed veg and cheese sauce. Spaghetti bolognaise. Parmesan crumbed chicken. Shepperds pie. Tuna/chicken wraps.

Looking at my diary of when we were ttc for my first, i recorded the following:
    We BD on CD10, CD 12, CD16, CD25
    My previous cycle was 29 days long. Cycle before that was 33 days long.
    We DTD dogie style, always deep penetration and always the Big O for me. And i lay with legs in air for for some reason

Additional info:
    My DH took Zinc tablets
    I was taking folic acid
    i would put salt and pepper on all my food
    balsamic vinegar on my salad
    I could literally live on cheddar cheese.
    I honestly used to eat when and how i want. And that means that if i felt like chocolate for breakfast id go ahead and have it.

For my second son, food was bacon carbanara, garlic bread, pasta, soup and french loaves, lamb chops and salad, porkies and mash - very high protein., beef burgers, shepherds pie. Tuna wraps. Drank coke zero, orange juice and guava juice. Flavoured water - strawberry.
    I dont have specific calender dates but we DTD every other day in first cycle and fell pregnant first cycle. I did not Jump and dump and it would have been deep penetration as usual, either missionary or doggie style and me the Big O.

We are both vegetarian now and haven't eaten like that in over a year, we eat far healthier with no take away meals. I stopped eating as much bread and i have a smoothie for breakfast and a salad/wrap for lunch (im on LE now though so no breakfast or snacks for me)
    YAY! I found my diary for when trying for my next baby, which was also a boy. So after taking a look through the days we DTD it turns out we did it on day 7, day 10, day 12, day day 14, day 18 and day 25 - Found out i was pregnant by day 33!

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YAY! I found my diary for when trying for my next baby, which was also a boy. So after taking a look through the days we DTD it turns out we did it on day 7, day 10, day 12, day day 14, day 18 and day 25 - Found out i was pregnant by day 33!
    Nothing makes me happier than seeing moms who conceived boys while drinking!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Nothing makes me happier than seeing moms who conceived boys while drinking!
    Haha, and im equally pleased i can continue this habit while ttc girl!

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha, and im equally pleased i can continue this habit while ttc girl!
    I'm definitely living proof of how it helps sway pink

9. Likes squigglepink, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a great thread (and the one about "how we got our girls!")!!

For me, first son was probably pretty textbook boy sway! I conceived him 9 months after my wedding and while I had lost a lot of weight prior to my wedding, I gained about 10-15 pounds back from the wedding to when I got pregnant (oops!). I ate breakfast everyday - usually cereal! I was obsessed with cereal at the time! I also ate a lot of salads, veggies, healthy foods in addition to consuming a lot calories. So high calorie, high nutrient diet! I was taking prenatal vitamins and we used "Pre seed". Two attempts - day before & day of ovulation.

Second son I was up 10 pounds from when I conceived my first due to not losing the baby weight. Again high calorie diet, lots of dairy plus I was taking calcium & magnesium supplements (in attempts to sway girl!). Also, we had just completed a cross country move just a few weeks before getting pregnant so my stress levels were high. DTD several days in a row leading up to ovulation, including day before ovulation.

Good luck in your boy sways! Little boys are CRAZY but a lot of fun!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther, business.woman thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys!
    So I've been doing a bit of reading here again. I'm TTC pink, and originally was skimming over the "How we got our girls" threads, which brought me here. I have a son who seems to be the result of a pretty textbook unintentional boy sway. I thought I'd share for you guys!

My son was a surprise so I was not swaying let alone even trying to conceive. I was at a very healthy point in my life. I have always been pretty healthy, and I like taking care of my body. It's kind of a first priority. SO, I was getting ample sleep. My husband and I had just begun a moderate exercise routine including 30 minute cardio interval training, and low weight training. We would do this together about 5-6 days a week. I was taking a B complex vitamin and a probiotic supplement religiously. No soda, other than Gatorade after work outs. Lots of water. Every single morning I would start my day with a cup of green jasmine tea or lavender earl grey tea--both sweetened with sugar in the raw. My breakfast was almost always some type of bread with an over medium organic egg, with soy bacon. I would consume something almost immediately upon waking, as I did not like to feel the effects of my blood sugar being low. I snacked throughout the day because of this reason as well. We are only nutrient dense vegetables. I remember having a mixed greens salad daily with loads of veggies and avocado. I used extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar as my dressing. I ate pickles like they were going out of style. I would always treat myself to froyo! Ate healthy fatty fish about twice a week. Chicken, tofu, and cheesy veggie pasta was on the menu a lot too! I never let myself get very hungry. I was a typical grazer. On the day my son was conceived, I remember saying that we should be careful because I thought I was ovulating. I had ample amounts of EWCM. All in all, I was very healthy, had good blood sugar levels, and was moderately exercising. Everything I was doing was conducive with conceiving a boy. I wish you all luck, and send any lingering blue dust to any of those TTC a boy!!
    Luke James: breech c-section baby 02/05/15

Swaying for a girl in 2016, hoping for a VBAC.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How I didnt know all of this swayed boy is beyond me..
    When I was TTC DS1 I was hoping for a fast pregnancy. We were told we may have some trouble as I have suspected endometriosis and excessive pain with AF. So I researched.. ALOT.

I was at a higher weight than normal (around 5 kgs up thanks to our 8 week honeymoon), and I did the following:
    - I was travelling for work and eating at lovely restaurants - lots of good quality food and lots of protein and nutrition (I usually ate salmon twice a week, and lots of meat and veg). Constant snacking and grazing through the day, eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted but healthy. Just large portions and lots of food.
    - I drank cough syrup from AF to O to increase CM and water it down
    - Used a sperm friendly lubricant available in Australia I think it was called maybebaby that I now know sways blue
    - BD every 2 days (followed the Sperm meets egg protocol)
    - drank water ++ and took elevit prenatal vitamins for a month prior to TTC and while TTC
    - Barely exercised - just a walk here and there
    - Always had a big O
    - Sat after BD with legs in air marinating lol.
    Last edited by ohsofaux; May 24th, 2016 at 06:53 PM.

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That happened to SOOO many of us Ohso - we thought we would have trouble getting pregnant for whatever reason and so basically DID blue sways just in order to get pregnant at all. I have definitely had large chunks of my life where I was probably swaying pink inadvertently, but as luck would have it I just never got pregnant in those months. :/

I really really think that the main reason some of us sit here with 3, 4 or more boys (or girls for that matter) is just random chance. If I had gotten pregnant in the years where I was exercising a lot and at my thinnest, I could very well have had a girl. If I hadn't gone buggy planning my pg with DS 3 I could very well have had a girl. It's just that when you only get 2 or 3 chances, you gotta make em count!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys and here is what my lifestyle was!

DS#1, I had been married for 6 months and, let's be honest, I had gained some weight after getting married haha. Honestly though, in the 6 months leading up to pregnancy I had probably gained 15 lbs (my poor DH! I think that was the major factor that swayed blue for me. I am also a huge snacker. I eat a LOT of meat, cheese, very fattening food. I know the week we conceived with him because we actually were trying to avoid pregnancy and "pulling out" (TMI, I know!) and we were on a mini vacation so therefore DTD every day or two.

DS#2, I was at a pretty high weight, although I had been there for a few years. The cycle we conceived was the first time I had tried OPK. Honestly I SO wish I could remember the exact dates we BD but I know for a fact it was more than once in my fertile window. I *think* we BD on the day of OPK and the day after, which would be ovulation day. But once again, I was very boy friendly, eating a lot of fat and protein and snacking.

One thing to mention, I was not doing any sort of exercising when I conceived either of my boys. I was total couch potato. I truly think diet sways more than anything. Good luck to all of you that want boys...you can take ALLLLL of my blue dust!!! I'm begging you
    - 2010, - 2014, TTC 2016

17. Likes meoab, Throwaway_panther liked this post
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast