Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

chinese gender calander - is it just for fun??

Hello lovelies. I'm currently on CD 5 of our first month ttc no 4 and hopefully blue. the days are creeping by and I'm starting to get silly nervous thoughts. Even though I'm 100% doing everything we can and my sway is as tight as can be the nerves are kicking in and after one failed sway I cant seem to stop myself.

Really stupid post and I'm ashamed I'm asking this but the Chinese gender calendar. Is this just a pile of crap? where reasearching moons etc I came across this and I put all my current childrens data in. For all three girls it said it should be a boy so for me its the exact opposite. Ok so that should have made me chuckle and realise its wrong but a quick fumble with my friend google it seems to be quite accurate, some reporting over 90%, and not only that there were people saying that it can be opposite for some people and when it says girl it will be boys each time etc. I'm worried as this month and next is showing boy for me (same as when I had my three girls) am I just being silly now. Please someone tell me its just made up and it seems accurate as its got a 50/50 of being right?

I feel so stupid but its causing me anxiety, and I need reassurance that I shouldn't wait another 3 months till it says girl (in which case if I'm opposite will be a boy) even though all my logic mind is telling me to stop being dumb.

Hope everyone is well, got my fingers crossed for everyone, please blow me any spare blue dust xxxxx
    2006 2009 2014 and expecting my 2nd sway opposite due 10/04/2017

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Chinese lunar calendar was right with my son.(whatwillihave.com) But at the same time. We conceived in October. I also live in the northern hemisphere. And prior to that I was actually recovering from an eating disorder. A month prior I started to eat more in general. And I gained about five pounds leading up to conception. I know some people said it hadn't worked for them. In my opinion, If it does work. You really should try to know the actual day you will be conceiving. And you should also do a good sway to increase your chances even more.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes, and lots of blue dust to you dear! Good luck

4. Thanks baby2016baby thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! I am kinda like you when it comes to this but I think it's all a load of crap. Mostly coincidence but I totally get how that gets stuck in your head. There is one chart that has gotten all of my boys correct and even tho I know it makes no difference, I really only want to try in my girl friendly months based on that one chart. Stupid I know. I too get that same anxiety when I think of trying in a boy month and for me, that anxiety isn't worth it and probably sways boy anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

6. Thanks baby2016baby thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really think it's just a silly 50/50 thing. I have 2 boys.. and the calendar was right the first time ...and said girl the next. I wouldn't let it cause you any anxiety whatsoever!! Sending some of my blue dust to you! I need some of your pink dust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks baby2016baby thanked for this post
    Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what your feeling!!its agony!! Ive been online looking and searching for
    Everything!i am praying for pink I have 2 ds. My 12+0potty shot, tech said 95% boy. I was heartbroken. Then the wonderful ladies here told me it's almost impossible to detect gender via potty shots at that gestation! So I have hope
    Left but I'm looking at nub shots, my Picts. But I think I have to just wait for another month to hear. At least il have time to prepare to hear boy. Good luck!!! Vent anytime!!!! I pray you hear boy!! Calender has been wrong 100% for me

10. Thanks baby2016baby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The chinese gender calendar was 50/50 for me. I have two boys and it said boy for ds1 but girl for ds2. I don't put any stock in it at all

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

12. Thanks baby2016baby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having a girl -- calendar said boy!

When I get those anxious TTC thoughts, I try to remember atomic's words on posts about personality and the like. Take charge and control for blue -- thinking the ~supernatural~ is at work sways girl!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

14. Thanks baby2016baby, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely ignore it! It's one of those things u just can't help looking into, but I think it's all purely down to chance if it's right or not! It is correct with my first son and I am pregnant now, says girl and while I would love it to be correct, I'm pretty confident I'm having a boy!
    2014 2016

16. Thanks baby2016baby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is complete BS. Think about it logically - how would it even work? There is no basis, no possible mechanism of action that could affect which gender is conceived. In reality, there are numerous biological factors that affect your odds of each gender, and we don't even know of them all or understand the ones we do fully, but we DO at least have good theories that make sense, and the big sway factors we use are well backed by scientific research. There is no study showing that lunar calendars or moon signs predict gender with any accuracy. If they really worked, why would so many Chinese and Indians abort girl fetuses or give them up for adoption? Why would swaying sites like GD even exist or IVF with gender selection? Everyone would know and use it and it would have been accepted as fact long ago.
    Last edited by maidentomother; May 7th, 2016 at 02:13 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

18. Thanks baby2016baby, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther, BrightSky liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast