Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

help with ovulation. . nothing is adding up

Ladies please help me out, I have been temping using FF for about 4 months now and added opk into the mix last month. For some reason my opk and FF are not adding up. Last month on cd18 I tested at 2pm and did not have a peak ( I am using clearblue digital advanced) but when I tested at 6pm I finally got my peak and the following day (cd19) I had strong ovulation pains around 1pm, so strong in fact I almost had to pull my car over until the pain subsided. FF has my ovulation at cd18 but I am unsure as to how that can be.. I thought peaks show up 12-48 before ovulation? I always temp at 7:30am so how could FF pinpoint my O that day when I didn't even peak until 6pm?

This month on sunday I tested 4 times with no peak at all. My last test was at 9:15pm, I woke up at 2am not able to sleep so I decided to test and finally got my peak.. I had to work in the morning so the earliest we could bd was at 8:30pm and we also bd this morning ( also planning to bd tonight). My question is because FF and my opk say different things how do I know the day I actually ovulate? FF hasn't even detected my O yet!

Here is a picture of my cycle this month does anyone have any input?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ** just a note cd 11 I had to wake up an hour and a half earlier than normal so unsure if that caused the drop. I seem to ovulate around cd 18 so cd 11 would have been too early plus I had no cramping or signs of ovulation then

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From my personal experience I would go by the OPK. FF has been known to mess up O and temping isn't as reliable as we think. I would go by OPK. And clear blue does 2 most fertile days so it will tell you the day before your actual peak (I know this bc I ripped it apart lol). So I would say you probably O'd 1-3 days AFTER your first LH surge. Hope this helps! I've never temped for this exact reason!
    Mommy to the most amazing little born 10/2013

Praying for a

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? So in your opinion opk is much more reliable? I would love to stop temping so should I just go by opk and disregard the rest? I got my peak at 2am and monday night around 8:30pm we bd I had dh abstain for 3 1/2 days, he drank monster an hour before, used preseed and I elevated my hips for about 20/30 minutes. We also bd this morning around 11am and am planning to bd tonight. Does this seem good?

I was on the ingender diet but switched last month to the HE because it was horrible. I still try to cut my dairy intake but I don't completely avoid it. I still salt everything, eat lots of nuts, have a big bowl of cereal in the morning and try to eat as much as I can especially red meat (have gained 3 1/2 pounds)

5. Likes Bubu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be interested to see if you get a spike tomorrow morning or the next day. I used cb dual digi opks as well. If I only tested with fmu then I oed without fail the following day after peak (confirmed by a temp rise) I only ever once oed same day as peak using fmu. If I tested more than once a day and got a peak in the afternoon I would always o 2 days later. For me anyway it super accurate pinpointing day b4 o especially if I only used fmu as directed. Please let us know how it gies over next couple days temp wise and fx for you!!! Oh and ff will not give you crosshairs until it registers at least 3 days of heightened temps.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It did lower a little today but just slightly. It's strange because FF always finds my O but last month it didn't. . I only got a crosshair when I went back and put my peak in and this month I'm not getting anything. I'm wondering if I should just start testing vaginally instead of orally. The last week or so I have been tossing and turning at night. How do I go about testing vaginally? Do I just put it up there everyday at the same time before rising or does it not matter since it's not orally?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welp I just tested again today just to see and it's back to low fertility so I definitely must have already ovulated.. FF still hasn't picked up on anything

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IMO OPKs are WAY easier than temping. OPKs will tell you that you will O in the next couple days, whereas with temping you are kind of using your hindsight. Did you get an attempt in?
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tested three times on sunday (the last being around 9ish) and I still had high fertility, I woke up around 2am to go to the bathroom so I decided to test and finally got a peak, unfortunately because of work and a friends picnic for the holiday we didn't bd until 8:30pm ( he abstained for 3 1/2 days, drank monster an hour before and iced his jewels, we used preseed, I made sure to orgasm a few minutes before him and we bd' doggie style. I also elevated my hips for 20 minutes. We bd at 11am yesterday and again around 11pm. Today I tested again and had low fertility. I hope this works! I've gained almost 4 pounds preparing for this!!!

11. Likes squigglepink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few different possibilities which I'll lay out real quick.

1) your urine was too dilute and you didn't get a positive when you were actually starting your surge and only picked it up at the end. In this case FF would be right and the OPK would be wrong.
    2)your temp itself may have been wrong, it's easy to have a wrong temp now and then, you didn't sleep well or whatever In this case OPK would be right and FF wrong. (like you mention you had to get up early)
    3)FF can be fooled. It's just a computer algorithm and so sometimes it's wrong.
    4)They both could have been wrong and you Oed a completely different day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast